Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• Yann897 said:

Yann, face the facts please. RD didn't want to keep certain players. If he did, they would be signed up.

It's now a matter of what the new team will be.

As it will be a new team, bar Solly, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Cousins & possibly Poyet.

On a serious level why don't you panic once we actually lose a player , not one has officially gone yet .
    And then if they do go , then you can panic if we don't bring any decent players in and don't act like you know we're not gonna like Iv seen you write because nobody knows yet including me and you.
    But we have lost players. Was January really that long ago for you?
    Why we talking about jan though , we lost two players we brought in a few and an excellent manager in my eyes and in the main we stayed up end of , now we should judge rd by the team we have by the end of the window but a few people will jump on him regardless if it's only been a week or so since the season finished and officially not lost a player yet and forget jan it's done and dusted .
  • We have a history of pony goalkeepers going to warm the bench at Premier League clubs for a decent wage , no change here

Has been first choice keeper for 3 years now so can't be that pony!
  • Would be interesting to hear people's suggestions for RD to tempt a player to not sign for a Premier League side?

There's nothing he could've done to stop Hamer leaving.

Sorry, not being flippant, has Ben gone ?

• haven't read any of the other posts on here but all I will say is someone ask Hamer to talk to Robbie Elliott & see if he has enjoyed his 3 matches in 2 seasons............
  • We have a history of pony goalkeepers going to warm the bench at Premier League clubs for a decent wage , no change here

Maybe; if they are no good for us, then let them go. Apart from the dosh, I don't understand Elliot's professional satisfaction in playing only a handful of competitive games season after season at Newcastle. We have been blessed with some really superb keepers over the years: Nicky Johns, Bob Bolder, and Dean Kiely.

Think it is fair to say that Elliott went for the dough. He knew the score.
    Don't you think it ever crosses his mind, as he is lying spread-eagled after the fourth goal goes in, blaming his defenders? That's it, Elliot: you might play next season if our better keeper gets injured.

• edited May 2014

haven't read any of the other posts on here but all I will say is someone ask Hamer to talk to Robbie Elliott & see if he has enjoyed his 3 matches in 2 seasons............

And don't forget to ask how much money his financial adviser has made out of him :-0 Good luck to the lad, Robbie is Charlton through and through, gets to our away games up North from time to time. Saw him at Leeds season before last and at Bramall Lane in the cup.
  • I hope we keep him. He's still a very young keeper and a solid championship player. Distribution is excellent and as long as he has someone to keep him on his toes (pope, Phillips) he will perform. I think he is going to play in the top division one day.

Has the right amount of mentalness for a keeper too
  • He will sit on the bench at Leicester but will be earning double the salary he got at Charlton. Good luck to him but we can easily replace him.
  • Would be interesting to hear people's suggestions for RD to tempt a player to not sign for a Premier League side?

There's nothing he could've done to stop Hamer leaving.

Sorry, not being flippant, has Ben gone ?

Not yet, but it's looking like he will.
  • Sponsored links:

• haven't read any of the other posts on here but all I will say is someone ask Hamer to talk to Robbie Elliott & see if he has enjoyed his 3 matches in 2 seasons............

I'm sure he has... Done fuck all work and is probabyly nigh on a millionaire

• Unfait to compare Hamer with Elliott. IMO Hamer has Premier starting 'keeper attributes
  • Derek1952 said:

Looks like our team will be decimated during the close season,with uncertainty about Dervite,Morrison,Hamer,and Poyet and of course the Manger.

There was no room for a bed.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Derek1952 said:

Looks like our team will be decimated during the close season,with uncertainty about Dervite,Morrison,Hamer,and Poyet and of course the Manger.

There was no room for a bed.
    Perhaps he's STALLing until he gets a STABLE team
  • If Schmeichel leaves Leicester then I think Hamer will be their number one if he joins them. Replacing him could be simple enough if Duchatelet thinks he can just solve the problem by loaning in crap from Standard Liege. He needs to go and get a decent Championship keeper like Kuszczak or Stech who have both just been released. Even if Pope is to be number one, then we need experienced cover.
  • Ben Alnwick? Many of us were saying we'd lost our best keeper when he went, I remember? I'm only half joking.
  • It's not who you let go that's the problem. It's who you get in to replace them.
  • edited May 2014
    I'm still finding to difficult to get my head around a Premiership club getting our current number 1 goalie for nothing. That is one very good bit of business for them.
  • I'm still finding to difficult to get my head around a Premiership club getting our current number 1 goalie for nothing. That is one very good bit of business for them.

Can you imagine BH punching a Gerrard cross out to Suarez in the Prem.

He wouldn't get 5 games in the Prem based on the form he has been in this season.
  • Happy to drive him up there as soon as. Overrated prima donna
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon its agent talk anyway. Any interest from them in BH would be as a reserve keeper

It they are losing Schemeical (think he may stay) they arent going to replace him with Hamer. He would only be going as No.2. What would be the point of that?

Just trying to drum up interest from a champ team for a no.1 spot. But he will have difficulty IMO
  • I'm still finding to difficult to get my head around a Premiership club getting our current number 1 goalie for nothing. That is one very good bit of business for them.

Can you imagine BH punching a Gerrard cross out to Suarez in the Prem.

He wouldn't get 5 games in the Prem based on the form he has been in this season.
    Good point. I'll calm down.
  • At least Thuram can get some game time when Ben leaves :p
  • Not too disappointed Hamer is leaving as I have said before I thought Alnwick was the better keeper. My worry is they've both now gone and Roland is going to have to buy a better replacement or rely on Pope being up to Championship standard.

If he fancies hopping on the team coach that day...

If he fancies hopping on the team coach that day...
    He only boards the coach if he's playing ;-)
  • Didn't Thuram go back to SL?
  • I thought that Leicester were going to spent $180 million to get into top five in three years so signing Hamer won't set them on fire. A top keeper should be their goal.