Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• Murray meeting was early February - full write up on Trust website...
    Thuram, Ajdarevic and Koc are (I believe) signed permanently to Liege and loaned to us until end of this month... whereas polish Pete and Nego signed to us.
    There was also talk at the Murray meeting of signing up to three premiership loans at that time which simply didn't happen.
    Some combination of Pope, Hamer, Alnwick and Thuram is possible for next season. I don't think we will be better nor worse in this area.

I am convinced he said that he was on loan officially.... but wink wink, nudge nudge - not to leave this room etc etc he is ours.
    This was just before he said he couldn't believe Polish Pete wasn't making the squad after the amount the new chairman spent on him, and he wondered if CP was deliberately taking the piss.

• I was at the Murray meeting and certainly do not recall him saying Thuram was a permanent transfer.

From memory what he did say was that with both Bens (Alnwick and Hamer) being out of contract in the summer and Pope having the opportunity to play regular games at York, they brought Thuram in to ensure that they had expeirenced cover.
  • edited May 2014
    Richard J said:

I was at the Murray meeting and certainly do not recall him saying Thuram was a permanent transfer.

From memory what he did say was that with both Bens (Alnwick and Hamer) being out of contract in the summer and Pope having the opportunity to play regular games at York, they brought Thuram in to ensure that they had expeirenced cover.

And also that they knew that Alwnick would need some time off of football hence letting him join LO
  • edited May 2014
    Redrobo said:

Born blind but will continue seeing the same doctor. Tehat is encouraging! :-)

The prize for the A grade prick of the week goes to you
  • Pope has been rated as top league 1, we've seen Alnwick already, and Thuram may or may not come good on the deficiencies observed last time.
    Whether or not Hamer stays or goes I don't see us being totally screwed with one of the others as first choice...
    Whereas at centre back and striker we have glaring gaps to fill if Dervite and Morrison go and Sordell doesn't return.
    My guess is that Duchatelet should want to improve our points tally next season because it increases the value of the club and players (who might be sold).
    Therefore I don't think he will be reckless on keepers or any other position... But I still think the club should clarify thevprocess when they announce the new (or renewed) head coach.
    Having got through the first five months in charge, this next phase is the most important in the clubs recent history - as it positions us to be either bottom third championship or a growing club. I don't think Duchatelet has spent £14m to be a bottom third club.
  • Wonder if because he's still under Contract until the end of June they wont be able to announce it until then
  • Redrobo said:

Born blind but will continue seeing the same doctor. That is encouraging! :-)

Really think comments like this are worthy of a ban.

shine166 said:

I'm not sure why people need to keep repeating that anyway, can we not just leave it as personal issues ?

I agree entirely.

• edited May 2014

Redrobo said:

shine166 said:

I'm not sure why people need to keep repeating that anyway, can we not just leave it as personal issues ?

I agree entirely.

Really wish I knew what the hell was going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

shine166 said:

I agree entirely.

Really wish I knew what the hell was going on.
    Why?

• why would Leicester want hamer they already have 2 deicent goal keepers kasper schmeichel (not peters schmeichels son) and conrad logan although they do only have 2 keepers. if they wanted a reserve goal keeper surely they would put conrad in the reserve team and get an amazing talent else where, afterall the are in the prem and cant not be rich. hamer would not be my first choice i would probobly go with some one from abroard or a goodish keeper from the prem.

but as for us now we dont have a keeper other than thomas ullien guy who is nowhere near as good as hamer and hamer was not the best. i think that we need to either get alnwick or get a goalkeeper from our youth and fast. alnwick was a good goal keeper and had alot better record than hamer did. nick pope is anouther goalkeeper that we could have but he jas only been plauying football bellow league 2, this means he may not be up for the job at charlton he needs a season or 2 making his way up the leagues and getting more experience.

but any way that is my view on the situation.
  • meanies
  • Who's this thomas ullien chap? Maybe we could look at him as a replacement for Yohann Thuram-Ulien?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2014

5. Kasper Schmeichel's real Dad.

6 Kasper Schmeichel
  • Good luck to him , we offered a deal in which we couldn't Match Premier Leagues Leicester City

I don't think he will mind being number 2 - bare in mind he joint us as a number 2 in league one

Good luck ben all the best and oh my word thank you for that pen save at Leeds
  • Good luck to him , we offered a deal in which we couldn't Match Premier Leagues Leicester City

I don't think he will mind being number 2 - bare in mind he joint us as a number 2 in league one

Did we offer a deal?

Did we offer a deal?
    On the same wages as he's old contract apparently.

Did we offer a deal?
    Yeah we did offer extension
  • He never joined us to be No.2 in League One but ok...

Oh right okay ,Can't of been this Charlton I was watching when I saw Rob Elliot in front of him .. - damn this season ticket always has me fooled !
  • edited May 2014

He never joined us to be No.2 in League One but ok...

Oh right okay ,Can't of been this Charlton I was watching when I saw Rob Elliot in front of him .. - damn this season ticket always has me fooled !
    Oh come on. Rob Elliot had his number 1 shirt taken off him for Hamer and replace with, what, 42? We knew Rob was off to Newcastle and we knew Hamer was signing to be the number 1 keeper. Rob only started the season because Hamer was injured

Oh come on. Rob Elliot had his number 1 shirt taken off him for Hamer and replace with, what, 42? We knew Rob was off to Newcastle and we knew Hamer was signing to be the number 1 keeper. Rob only started the season because Hamer was injured
    Rob didn't start the season cause hamer was injuried ..?

Elliot is a better keeper then hamer ? So that's why he was playing