Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• I have felt for a while that Nick Pope will be our number one very soon. Could be sooner than I thought.
  • Looks like our team will be decimated during the close season,with uncertainty about Dervite,Morrison,Hamer,and Poyet and of course the Manger.
  • Yann897 said:

Oooo here we go , come on down red robin , athletico Charlton and mutley.

And each time we sign someone up they can mention you piping up, that is if you don't beat them to it.

Swings and roundabouts sir, swings and roundabouts.

Now, about that boycott....

• edited May 2014
    I'm here too - muttley though - not mutely!!! I smell a petition!
  • I'm here too - muttley though - not mutely!!! I smell a petition!

That could be wishful thinking, just saying like :-)
  • Who else is any good that we can get rid of?

this is turning into a very fun game!
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

I'm here too - muttley though - not mutely!!! I smell a petition!

That could be wishful thinking, just saying like :-)
    I imagine it is.
  • mrbligh said:

Who else is any good that we can get rid of?

this is turning into a very fun game!

deja vu on January window
  • Gutting, another one escapes, how are we going to survive this season?
  • MrOneLung said:

Yann897 said:

And each time we sign someone up they can mention you piping up, that is if you don't beat them to it.

Yeah because that's the same as one person wants to be positive about he's club and one doesn't .
    I really hope you do boycott don't need any fans that could suggest something like that .
  • I'll get the petition.....
  • If he's wanted by a prem team then we should have offered him a contract earlier in the season

Hamer, Poyet, Morro and Dervite will be losses. Dervite is replaceable on our budget, but the other three I struggle to see how we'll improve or even equal their standard with what are likely to be free transfers, youngsters and imports.
  • Wouldn't be gutted to see him go

Good for dressing room banter but I like my goalkeepers to keep the ball out of the net

Gets beat from distance far too often, when he is on his game he is good but his concentration is terrible

Either promote Pope or get an experienced keeper in. I'd say Riga has seen through him
  • It can still improve - but I have been shot down for referencing our activities since January - or lack of them. Some people are arguing that the season has only just ended so we have to be patient to wait for the positives. my position is that I am going back nearly 6 months. When the postive developments occur, and I am not saying they won't, they will be a new experience and I will welcome them with open arms.
  • Sponsored links:

• surely someone will take wiggins and cousins off our hands?
  • And its not just Leicester....

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/476156/Leicester-leading-West-Brom-Fulham-and-Burnley-in-chase-for-Ben-Hamer?

The express also claims Hamer is 'yet to begin talks over fresh terms', which is a bit worrying.
  • Yann897 said:

In all honesty to the people moaning is it a surprise we might be losing hamer, Morrison and dervite ?
    You know the players out of contract .
    I'll start panicking when we start sell wiggins solly Wilson and cousins , until then I'm gonna back my club and hope for the best ( possible signings )

But to have a team on a par with the team that just missed relegation last season, we will have to replace them with with players of the same ability! We are all hoping for the best mate!
  • edited May 2014
    I'm sure we will manage. Hamer, DD, and maybe morrison....I'm may be in the minority but we struggled for the most part of last season with them anyway.

It's clearly not ideal, but let's wait and see who we get in. That said, if Thuram rolls up again then i'm worried! Maybe just tell him all of our games are against Leeds away and he'll throw another hissy fit and not sign.
  • edited May 2014

And its not just Leicester....

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/476156/Leicester-leading-West-Brom-Fulham-and-Burnley-in-chase-for-Ben-Hamer?

The express also claims Hamer is 'yet to begin talks over fresh terms', which is a bit worrying.

Paper talk tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper :-0
  • Addicted said:

Yann897 said:

In all honesty to the people moaning is it a surprise we might be losing hamer, Morrison and dervite ?
    You know the players out of contract .
    I'll start panicking when we start sell wiggins solly Wilson and cousins , until then I'm gonna back my club and hope for the best ( possible signings )

It not being a surprise doesnt make it any less frustrating.

It's poor to be letting players that have resale value leave for nothing, and then having to pay to replace them with transfer fees, signing on fees, agent fees etc.

Im interested to see who we sign too, but considering we needed a few last season; now we're letting a load of our 1st team leave how many exactly are needed to sign to have a better squad this time round?
    Yeah I do agree with ya but in my head I thought we would let go dervite Morrison and hamer but keep poyet
    Still would take it .
  • A decent Championship keeper, proven. Would be good to keep him if we can. Will cost decent-ish money to replace.
  • edited May 2014
    Paper talk?

Agent touting his player around to get a better deal?

Genuine interest from those clubs?

All of the above?

When it is on the OS and early days but so far, not so good.
  • Yann897 said:

MrOneLung said:

Yann897 said:

Yeah because that's the same as one person wants to be positive about he's club and one doesn't .
    I really hope you do boycott don't need any fans that could suggest something like that .
    I am not actually really suggesting a boycott !!

You can be positive about the club without shutting your eyes to the fact it looks like that it looks like we might be losing a lot of players who many would keep.

Now where is my G21 badge....