Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• Wouldn't be gutted to see him go

Good for dressing room banter but I like my goalkeepers to keep the ball out of the net

Gets beat from distance far too often, when he is on his game he is good but his concentration is terrible

Either promote Pope or get an experienced keeper in. I'd say Riga has seen through him

Don't reckon it has anything to do with Riga..................particularly IF the dude is not taken on for next season
  • MrOneLung said:

Yann897 said:

MrOneLung said:

Yann897 said:

Oooo here we go , come on down red robin , athletico Charlton and mutley.

And each time we sign someone up they can mention you piping up, that is if you don't beat them to it.

Swings and roundabouts sir, swings and roundabouts.

Now, about that boycott....

Yeah because that's the same as one person wants to be positive about he's club and one doesn't .
    I really hope you do boycott don't need any fans that could suggest something like that .
    I am not actually really suggesting a boycott !!

You can be positive about the club without shutting your eyes to the fact it looks like that it looks like we might be losing a lot of players who many would keep.

Now where is my G21 badge....
    Far from shutting my eyes, like I said before I expected to lose these players so maybe that's why I'm not cutting my wrists like a few are.
    Maybe I'm the one who was just being realistic seeing as they was out of contract ect ,
    But I'm sure other clubs will be moaning soon that we're signing their players who are out of contract.
    @Covered End‌ you can quote me on that if you like as you seem to like digging up old posts.
  • edited May 2014
    Some of the complacency on here is breathtaking.
  • Hamer will never be as good as he thinks he is. Seem to remember Ben Alwick or whatever his name was being equally as good, so not panicking yet.
  • Gutting, another one escapes, how are we going to survive this season?

I know it is very early days BUT if we carry on like this we are in serious trouble. Nick Pope is not good enough, experienced enough to be our number 1. I do like the lad but if he starts as our number1 I think it could ruin the lad.
    We need to keep the Ben Hamers, MM, DD,etc trust me this could end in lots of tears!!

• I find life easier if you don't spiral into despair and loathing over things you can't influence.

On on.
  • Yann897 said:

MrOneLung said:

Yann897 said:

MrOneLung said:

Yann897 said:

And each time we sign someone up they can mention you piping up, that is if you don't beat them to it.

Swings and roundabouts sir, swings and roundabouts.

Now, about that boycott....

Yeah because that's the same as one person wants to be positive about he's club and one doesn't .
    I really hope you do boycott don't need any fans that could suggest something like that .
    I am not actually really suggesting a boycott !!

You can be positive about the club without shutting your eyes to the fact it looks like that it looks like we might be losing a lot of players who many would keep.

Now where is my G21 badge....
    Far from shutting my eyes, like I said before I expected to lose these players so maybe that's why I'm not cutting my wrists like a few are.
    Maybe I'm the one who was just being realistic seeing as they was out of contract ect ,
    But I'm sure other clubs will be moaning soon that we're signing their players who are out of contract.
    @Covered End‌ you can quote me on that if you like as you seem to like digging up old posts.
    Yes, but that's the whole bleedin point. They shouldn't have been out of contract !

RD has had plenty of time & he's obviously quite happy for them to go.

Hamer has undoubtedly got a number of offers & like I said yesterday, he's 90% likely to go.

IF RD has any plans to get in some decent players, then he needs to make a statement.

If we're gonna get sent players like Thuram, Polish Pete, Koc, Nego, Reza, AA (good for 30 mins), then tell us that as well.
    Why does he need to make a statement ???
    I can only think of Bolton signing trotter can't think of any other signings in our league do you think the other chairman are making statements ??
    And finally it's may 15th most people are still on holiday and pre season doesn't start until July ,
    Iv had some pretty rough times recently so sorry if you don't see me crying and getting irate about losing an average goalkeeper whom most people slagged off every week until they see thuram!
  • I am not concerned about Hamer going. Have always thought replacing a goalkeeper is easier than the outfield position.
    But.................it is another first team player seemingly on the way out.
  • Sponsored links:

• We should now be talking about decent bids coming in for Hamer which would be the case had the last clowns done their job properly. If a premiership club comes calling we can't blame the player for wanting that chance but to see players of cash value leave for zip hurts all the more.

Absolutely spot on mate!!
  • Move on

Ben who

It wasn't even funny the first time
  • Move on

Ben who

Not gone yet has he, so no need to move on
  • Could we have Ben Alnwick back? he is a free agent
  • Yann897 said:

Eh? What's this got to do with me, barely commented on transfers as I am waiting till end of June as instructed. Never really rated Hamer in any event so not bothered if he goes to sit on Leicestershire bench.
  • edited May 2014

Yann897 said:

Eh? What's this got to do with me, barely commented on transfers as I am waiting till end of June as instructed. Never really rated Hamer in any event so not bothered if he goes to sit on Leicestershire bench.
    Lol not you mate he's got a similar username though
    Edited it now it's atletico Addick the other moaner.
  • Seems an odd one with Kasper there but yeah, seems like a big rebuild this summer. Obviously I have no idea about what the atmosphere is in the changing room and apparently he is really popular there but I think he is easier to replace than Dervite ability wise.
  • We should now be talking about decent bids coming in for Hamer which would be the case had the last clowns done their job properly. If a premiership club comes calling we can't blame the player for wanting that chance but to see players of cash value leave for zip hurts all the more.

Granted, however, RD had 4/5 months to identify players to keep and to offer them new contracts in order that they didnt leave for zilch now, and appears to have not done a lot to stop that. Agree that if a Prem team comes in then there is not much we can do, but at least he could have shown some intent - of which there has a flat zilch since he came.

Granted, however, RD had 4/5 months to identify players to keep and to offer them new contracts in order that they didnt leave for zilch now, and appears to have not done a lot to stop that. Agree that if a Prem team comes in then there is not much we can do, but at least he could have shown some intent - of which there has a flat zilch since he came.
    Read what large wrote , rd only came here in jan , agents were probably touting the out of contract players and hence their heads being turned Iv said before when a player is out of contract a club will spend more as there is no transfer fee plus the player getting a signing on fee and the agent getting a big fee , usually why agents want their players to move as much as possible .
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicted said:

If he's wanted by a prem team then we should have offered him a contract earlier in the season

Hamer, Poyet, Morro and Dervite will be losses. Dervite is replaceable on our budget, but the other three I struggle to see how we'll improve or even equal their standard with what are likely to be free transfers, youngsters and imports.

We have a budget? What is it?
  • Yann, face the facts please. RD didn't want to keep certain players. If he did, they would be signed up.

It's now a matter of what the new team will be.

As it will be a new team, bar Solly, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Cousins & possibly Poyet.
  • Yann, face the facts please. RD didn't want to keep certain players. If he did, they would be signed up.

As it will be a new team, bar Solly, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Cousins & possibly Poyet.

On a serious level why don't you panic once we actually lose a player , not one has officially gone yet .
    And then if they do go , then you can panic if we don't bring any decent players in and don't act like you know we're not gonna like Iv seen you write because nobody knows yet including me and you.
  • edited May 2014
    Yann897 said:

We should now be talking about decent bids coming in for Hamer which would be the case had the last clowns done their job properly. If a premiership club comes calling we can't blame the player for wanting that chance but to see players of cash value leave for zip hurts all the more.

Read what large wrote , rd only came here in jan , agents were probably touting the out of contract players and hence their heads being turned Iv said before when a player is out of contract a club will spend more as there is no transfer fee plus the player getting a signing on fee and the agent getting a big fee , usually why agents want their players to move as much as possible .
    Also granted, however, if you read my post, i talk about intent - of which there has been zero (publisized) since he came - you would have thought that a successful businessman would have had his publicity machine working overtime if he had offered some contracts.
    I'm sorry, but we all know, after 4 months of virtually zero activity, where this is all going to end, dont we??
    If only we had any assets to strip !! - ah , hold on.
  • Not sure about this. He's good for us and is a good player for team morale, but Premier League standard? I don't see that.
  • Yann897 said:

Yann, face the facts please. RD didn't want to keep certain players. If he did, they would be signed up.

On a serious level why don't you panic once we actually lose a player , not one has officially gone yet .
    And then if they do go , then you can panic if we don't bring any decent players in and don't act like you know we're not gonna like Iv seen you write because nobody knows yet including me and you.
    I've not said we're not going to bring in any decent players. I've said I'm waiting to see what happens.

I've also said his track record is not good.

No one's gone yet ?

Have you forgotten Kermorgant & Stephens already ?
  • It was a stated aim of the spivs not to resign players on contracts, and they were dragging their feet to find someone to buy the club. Players agents would have know this and would have been out doing deals ahead January when their officially allowed to do it.

Add to the fact people seem to forget when getting their mop on with RD, that this team of now superstars was struggling and there was no idea what league they might be in. Would Hamer have even signed if we were a League 1 club? And would you offer him a deal if we had gone down?

Either people are being deliberately forgetful about how the season panned out and how poor some players were, or just want any old stick to beat the new owners with.
  • Yann897 said:

We should now be talking about decent bids coming in for Hamer which would be the case had the last clowns done their job properly. If a premiership club comes calling we can't blame the player for wanting that chance but to see players of cash value leave for zip hurts all the more.

Also granted, however, if you read my post, i talk about intent - of which there has been zero (publisized) since he came - you would have thought that a successful businessman would have had his publicity machine working overtime if he had offered some contracts.
    I'm sorry, but we all know, after 4 months of virtually zero activity, where this is all going to end, dont we??
    Ah, but at least we won't have to go into Administration and reinvent ourselves as Athletic FC Charlton in the Rymans League South as it was heading under the dynamic duo :-0