Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• According to the Leicester Mercury, he's signing a four year deal. That's good for his bank balance but his new nickname will be splinters...
  • edited May 2014
    Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Yann, face the facts please. RD didn't want to keep certain players. If he did, they would be signed up.

It's now a matter of what the new team will be.

As it will be a new team, bar Solly, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Cousins & possibly Poyet.

On a serious level why don't you panic once we actually lose a player , not one has officially gone yet .
    And then if they do go , then you can panic if we don't bring any decent players in and don't act like you know we're not gonna like Iv seen you write because nobody knows yet including me and you.
    But we have lost players. Was January really that long ago for you?
    Why we talking about jan though , we lost two players we brought in a few and an excellent manager in my eyes and in the main we stayed up end of , now we should judge rd by the team we have by the end of the window but a few people will jump on him regardless if it's only been a week or so since the season finished and officially not lost a player yet and forget jan it's done and dusted .
    We will judge him by the team we have at the end of the window - and if it's a strong one we will judge him favourably. But surely we are allowed to make interim judgements. I wouldn't expect my wife to forgive me if I had an affair that ended in January as we are now in May! Why can't people make judgements on what they have seen to date - surely that is the best way to make these things.

If RD strengthens the squad, it won't make you right. Why? Because the evidence to date points to the opposite. And those people you unfairly criticise are making judgements on the facts and evidence they have at their disposal. Should they do it...this is a bloody football forum.....you know, it is here to discuss football, so of course the should speculate on what is happening! And Clem Snide calling people that do that weirdos only serves to make him look like one!
  • Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Yann, face the facts please. RD didn't want to keep certain players. If he did, they would be signed up.

It's now a matter of what the new team will be.

As it will be a new team, bar Solly, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Cousins & possibly Poyet.

On a serious level why don't you panic once we actually lose a player , not one has officially gone yet .
    And then if they do go , then you can panic if we don't bring any decent players in and don't act like you know we're not gonna like Iv seen you write because nobody knows yet including me and you.
    But we have lost players. Was January really that long ago for you?
    Why we talking about jan though , we lost two players we brought in a few and an excellent manager in my eyes and in the main we stayed up end of , now we should judge rd by the team we have by the end of the window but a few people will jump on him regardless if it's only been a week or so since the season finished and officially not lost a player yet and forget jan it's done and dusted .
    We will judge him by the team we have at the end of the window - and if it's a strong one we will judge him favourably. But surely we are allowed to make interim judgements. I wouldn't expect my wife to forgive me if I had an affair that ended in January as we are now in May! Why can't people make judgements on what they have seen to date - surely that is the best way to make these things.

If RD strengthens the squad, it won't make you right. Why? Because the evidence to date points to the opposite. And those people you unfairly criticise are making judgements on the facts and evidence they have at their disposal. Should they do it...this is a bloody football forum.....you know, it is here to discuss football, so of course the should speculate on what is happening! And Clem Snide calling people that do that weirdos only serves to make him look like one!
    I'm not sure if your aware but the season for us finished last Sunday and guess what we stayed up , oh and another thing there is still over two months of the transfer window left .
    I'm honestly in shock at some of the negativity , I'll judge by what we got the first game of next season maybe the end of the window and I'll be the first to say if I don't think we've done good business .
  • We know you are in shock - The people who you say are being negative are not saying that it will be a categoric disaster - they are voicing concerns based on analysing what has happened to date, but at the same time accepting that things can improve. You on the other hand are showing no willingness to accept that things might not get better.

They point you miss above everything, is the people who are voicing concerns actually want their concerns to be unfounded.
  • Well, let me post my views and don't comment on them then - easy enough!
  • Double your salary to do less work.... Do I need to think about that?
  • Thank God we're letting all these crap players go to teams lower down the pyramid to us....oh hang on!
  • He'll be their number season after next when their relegated and Schmeichel leaves to another prem team.
  • At least Thuram can get some game time when Ben leaves :p

If he fancies hopping on the team coach that day...
    He only boards the coach if he's playing ;-)
    ...so how did he get to the games where he was on the pitch?
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Didn't Thuram go back to SL?

He will always be with us in sprit. A club legend like that can't be forgotten
    I look forward to the match post updates every time he doesn't let in a goal.

This, but you just know that Mr Yann will be back slagging off anyone who he deems fits into his weirdo model.

This, but you just know that Mr Yann will be back slagging off anyone who he deems fits into his weirdo model.
    Perhaps I can suggest a name change to our long forgotten Hero Yann, as he is in the past we need to forget about him as we are so often told, we shall go on forth with Roland897!!

Whatever weirdo.
  • Yann who

Move on

Perhaps I can suggest a name change to our long forgotten Hero Yann, as he is in the past we need to forget about him as we are so often told, we shall go on forth with Roland897!!
    I'm happy with that :) lol
    Love the way how I'm not the only one who backs the new chairman ect but am always the one everyone picks out.
  • We know you are in shock - The people who you say are being negative are not saying that it will be a categoric disaster - they are voicing concerns based on analysing what has happened to date, but at the same time accepting that things can improve. You on the other hand are showing no willingness to accept that things might not get better.

They point you miss above everything, is the people who are voicing concerns actually want their concerns to be unfounded.

Good summary, I am very much in the camp of it will get better, but there is that nagging doubt, because the only track record we have to go on is not good
  • Yann who

Move on

It wasn't funny the first time :-O
  • Can't be bothered to read in between all the digs so can someone just say has Hamer gone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't be bothered to read in between all the digs so can someone just say has Hamer gone?

No he hasn't but good lick to him if he does, that penalty save up at Leeds, the fantastic point blank save at Brighton season before last both in injury time and the late save at Hillsborough in the cup will live long in the memory. Hope he stays but not holding my breath.
  • Yep, good goalie, nothing ultra special - but its the fact that RD is prepared to let them go without any apparent concerns about keeping him that concerns me.
  • edited May 2014
    I don't think he is the top priority to keep. I have a feeling that Pope's time has come - especially after seeing the save he has just made. Others are higher priorities though but we all have different views. Some would not be bothered if we lost Morro, but I think it would be very hard to replace him. Having said that, Hamer has lots of potential and if he can improve his decision makng he will be a top keeper. As he needs to continue to improve, he needs to play games, not be a reserve. Look at Robbie- more money but how many games has he played?
  • It's ok to let first team regulars leave for nowt as long as the player occupying that position next season is at least as good and not being paid any more.

If you let someone leave and end up with someone inferior for the same price that is bad business and so is ending up with someone no better who is more expensive.

So judgments will have to be made when we see who is on the pitch next season and how they perform. It is probably safe to assume we aren't going to be throwing money at high wages.
  • dizzee said:

He'll be their number season after next when their relegated and Schmeichel leaves to another prem team.

Schmeichel has just signed a new deal, so that would mean Hamer will be number 2, I suppose he will do a Rob Elliott
  • Yep, good goalie, nothing ultra special - but its the fact that RD is prepared to let them go without any apparent concerns about keeping him that concerns me.

o
    What are you basing this 'lack of concerns' about exactly? It could just be Leicester (very successful, suddenly landed a nice shiny pot of gold to play with) are offering much better terms than we are willing/able to match. Thus far we've lost players to Bolton (who are trying to spend their way out of a financial black hole) and Leicester, who are looking at spending ludicrous amounts by their own confession. Once we are getting thoroughly and consistently outbid by the likes of Huddersfield or Wednesday, THEN I start thinking RD is not going to be spending - those are our realistic rivals, financially.
  • thenewbie said:

Yep, good goalie, nothing ultra special - but its the fact that RD is prepared to let them go without any apparent concerns about keeping him that concerns me.

o
    What are you basing this 'lack of concerns' about exactly? It could just be Leicester (very successful, suddenly landed a nice shiny pot of gold to play with) are offering much better terms than we are willing/able to match. Thus far we've lost players to Bolton (who are trying to spend their way out of a financial black hole) and Leicester, who are looking at spending ludicrous amounts by their own confession. Once we are getting thoroughly and consistently outbid by the likes of Huddersfield or Wednesday, THEN I start thinking RD is not going to be spending - those are our realistic rivals, financially.
    And Bournemouth...

Has hamar gone.
    Lol! Nearly!!
  • Every team needs a ok number two. That's all he will be.
  • C_A_F_C said:

thenewbie said:

Yep, good goalie, nothing ultra special - but its the fact that RD is prepared to let them go without any apparent concerns about keeping him that concerns me.

o
    And Bournemouth...
    And Brighton.

And Orient.

Not to mention being beaten by Yeovil for Ismael Miller.