Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

1789101113»

Comments

• Nick Pope is three weeks older than Thibaut Courtois. Worth a gamble next season.
  • Kasper Schmeichel has just signed a 4 year deal at Leicester...
  • Croydon said:

Kasper Schmeichel has just signed a 4 year deal at Leicester...

I hope those Premier League benches are comfy enough for Hamer.
  • Croydon said:

Kasper Schmeichel has just signed a 4 year deal at Leicester...

I hope those Premier League benches are comfy enough for Hamer.
    I am sure if not he can just pad them with his extra cash
  • Signed Schwarzer
  • edited January 2015
    dizzee said:

Signed Schwarzer

I assumed you were joking or it was a different Schwarzer. I thought he'd long retired.

I can understand Leicester bringing him in for cover, with Schmeichel out injured, but what shocks me is that they gave a 42 yr old a contract til the end of next season...........
  • Will be interesting to see what plays out. Heard MS on SSN and he said the reason for leaving Chelsea is to play football again. I wonder if he has been given any assurances about game time. By all accounts it seems Hamer has done pretty well except for the goal against Spurs a few weeks back.
  • jamescafc said:

Will be interesting to see what plays out. Heard MS on SSN and he said the reason for leaving Chelsea is to play football again. I wonder if he has been given any assurances about game time. By all accounts it seems Hamer has done pretty well except for the goal against Spurs a few weeks back.

Maybe Schmeichel is going to be sold this month leaving Hamer and Schwarzer to fight it out.
  • jamescafc said:

Will be interesting to see what plays out. Heard MS on SSN and he said the reason for leaving Chelsea is to play football again. I wonder if he has been given any assurances about game time. By all accounts it seems Hamer has done pretty well except for the goal against Spurs a few weeks back.

Maybe Schmeichel is going to be sold this month leaving Hamer and Schwarzer to fight it out.
    That's a good shout actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

That's a good shout actually.
    There was a rumour that he was likely to move
  • Schmeichel's people were in talks with AC Milan during the summer, perhaps that story has legs again. Great news for Ben though, training and competing with a keeper of Schwarzer's experience will only improve him further.
  • Hamer for 3rd choice England keeper by the end of the season? Possibly.
  • ......But currently 3rd choice Leicester keeper............
  • Had to say he'll be England 3rd Choice... He's got Hart / Foster / Forster in front of him and then you've the U21s Goalkeepers who may be promoted to the Senior Side.

If Leicester go down as well it'll mean that the 3rd Choice is at Championship level and I think there are better 'keepers down here than him (i.e. Karl Darlow or Lee Grant)
  • edited January 2015
    ...Kieran Westwood, David Marshall
  • edited January 2015

...Kieran Westwood, David Marshall

Both are already Irish and Scottish Internationals respectively... You've got John Ruddy as well though who has an England cap
  • Shows my knowledge of the game