Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• Croydon said:

So do people think we'll just go with Pope straight away? Or bring someone in

Bring someone in.

• Thuram, Thuram, his name is Lilli and he dances in the sand....
  • cue all the morons giving him abuse on Twitter.
  • edited May 2014
    Oh well, we all expected it, didn't we?

Thanks for everything, Ben. He had his critics, but I thought he was a good goalkeeper for us. Bit disappointing he's leaving to be a number 2 though.

I always thought there was more to come from Hamer and maybe Leicester is where he'll fulfill that potential.
  • Good luck to him. Seriously cannot see that he will be anything but a reserve there, but he deserves the chance to give it a go and, even being a reserve on Premiership wages, he cannot really go wrong can he?
  • Not happy. More quality out the door.

Oh, what could have been...
  • Can't blame him for grabbing the chance. But if he's good enough for a shot a the prem then we ought to be looking forward to a fee. Fairly and squarely on the shoulders of TJ and MS that we are not.
  • Good luck Ben. Decent keeper and good player to have around the squad personality wise. Thanks for the last few years.
  • Jackson must be wondering what to do, the banter he has had with Hamer and Hughes over the last couple of years
    Evina who got involved at times has also gone
  • Sponsored links:

• The beard disappeared the other day - he's clean shaven for his new challenge!
  • Not prem quality. Wasn't even our number 1 for a while last season.
    Good luck to him though.
  • As Yann keeps telling us, dont worry, we have all the summer to try and find a new keeper, new manager, new forwards, new midfielder and new defenders!
  • has it been confirmed cant see anywhere?
  • Good luck to him if he is going to be the number one. If not I don't understand why players go to sit on the bench. Granted he will be getting more money but the supposed love of the game that footballers have is clearly a load of rubbish.
  • Good luck to him if he is going to be the number one. If not I don't understand why players go to sit on the bench. Granted he will be getting more money but the supposed love of the game that footballers have is clearly a load of rubbish.

Or he has enough confidence in his own ability to think he can be number 1.

• Still dont get why everything is coming through bloody Richard Crawley rather then the OS.
  • Jackson must be wondering what to do, the banter he has had with Hamer and Hughes over the last couple of years
    Evina who got involved at times has also gone

Maybe he can concentrate on his job. Or make new Friends.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end

• edited May 2014
    Good luck to him but i think he will be a well paid & frustrated player, watching Kasper Schmeichel for the next couple of seasons.

Im surprised he has chosen Leicester if he wanted the pay increase/new challenge, considering how desperate he seemed to play when he found himself on the bench for us but if he believes in his ability then i hope he makes it, just don't see it personally unless Schmeichel gets a nasty injury.
  • Whilst not the best keeper I have seen playing for us he was on his day a brilliant keeper and always a huge personality. Good luck Ben and I hope you go on to have a great career. Now I wonder who will be wearing our no.1 jersey next season....????
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2014
    Whoever comes in sure has a lot of work to do - we need to find the equal of or improve upon Kermorgant, Stephens/Poyet, Hamer, Dervite, Cort and possibly Morrison - just to stay roughly where we are ie relegation material. We have lost a lot of solid Championship/L1 experience.
  • edited May 2014

Ben Hamer
    @BenHamer21
    Just like to place on record my thanks to @CAFCofficial for 3 fantastic years and for all your support! I wish you all the best!

He's gone.
  • The biggest disappointment is we're losing these players and receiving no transfer fees to put towards replacements. Teams around us must be rubbing their hands together knowing they can pick up Championship standard players for free. If we'd sold Dervite, Hamer and some other players and got a bit of money we could be looking towards some decent replacements but given Roland's apparent dislike of spending and the FFP rules we're limiting our options for getting in equivalent or better talent. It'll be more of a kick in the teeth if Morro and Poyet walk as well. It's a real shame that the excellent business we did constructing a squad to rocket out of L1 and survive in the Championship is being dismantled with no monetary gain on our part. Hopefully the scouts are on the go full pelt and we'll bring in much better replacements. It'll be tough though
  • Can't knock him for the payrise and to get out of the loony bin, but seriously Leicester and Hull have to be the two worst dumps in this country. Bet he'll still head straight to Bluewater after training just to escape the cackness...
  • Fumbluff said:

Can't knock him for the payrise and to get out of the loony bin, but seriously Leicester and Hull have to be the two worst dumps in this country. Bet he'll still head straight to Bluewater after training just to escape the cackness...

Leicester perhaps but 30 mins outside is very nice.

• Fairly good Keeper at championship standard , Better than Schmeichel- No
    Premier league standard - Personally I think not , Thanks Ben for a Solid couple of years , Hope the Leicester bench is comfortable :)
  • edited May 2014
    I'm more worried about that clown thuram being the replacement than hamer going
  • Not the most important factor but we'll miss his distribution, and kicking under pressure. I genuinely believe he kicks better with his "wrong" foot than some keepers do with their favoured one. Possibly prone to the odd lapse in concentration and never keen to acknowledge a mistake, but he was excellent for us, winning a championship and having some important big moments since.

Good luck to another member of the team that CP built.