Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester close in on Ben Hamer (ed. GONE)

Comments

• Maybe a chance of Elliot returning?
  • Yes, I'd like that. He made some dosh, but I think he can only have affected his progression by leaving to be a number 2.
  • He never joined us to be No.2 in League One but ok...

Oh right okay ,Can't of been this Charlton I was watching when I saw Rob Elliot in front of him .. - damn this season ticket always has me fooled !
    Oh come on. Rob Elliot had his number 1 shirt taken off him for Hamer and replace with, what, 42? We knew Rob was off to Newcastle and we knew Hamer was signing to be the number 1 keeper. Rob only started the season because Hamer was injured
    Rob didn't start the season cause hamer was injuried ..?

Elliot is a better keeper then hamer ? So that's why he was playing
    Eh? None of your post made much sense but Elliot was given the number 44 shirt (I've looked it up now) and was clearly on his way out. Hamer injured his thumb ahead of the Bournemouth match so Rob started, otherwise he wouldn't have appeared that season before leaving for Newcastle. Hamer was definitely signed to be number 1 with Sullivan as number 2. I'd say Hamer is definitely a better keeper than Rob Elliot
    Hamer is better the Rob Elliot ? Are you honestly joking ?

If we still had Rob Elliot and Ben Alnwick then Hamer out of them 3 Hamer would easily be third choice
    They're very similar keepers. Both decent shot stoppers with a certain weakness when it comes to long shots. Hamer's distribution is much better though and Elliot went through a series of back injuries while with us taht were worryingly recurrent at the time. I'd also rate Hamer better than Alnwick, though Alnwick was very good for us in his brief spell. And the original point of course, Hamer was signed as the number 1
  • Hamer all day long for me, i thought Elliott was a very poor keeper. He would always parry his saves to the feet of an on coming striker rather than push them away to the side, and anything from distance Elliott was hopeless with.
  • elliot has improved a lot at newcastle, some of his games he's been man of the match, just unlucky to have a young quality keeper in krul ahead of him
  • Elliot is definitely better than Hamer at this moment, thats not saying hamer isn't a great shotstopper and won't go on to play premier league as i have no doubt he will as he has huge potential to be very good as hughes pointed out.
  • Sponsored links:

• kiely was better than all of them
  • Elliot is a better keeper then hamer ? So that's why he was playing

Wrong again.

#annoyingwinkyface
  • I know it isn't much but Hamer just changed his twitter bio from 'Charlton Footballer' to 'Footballer...'.
  • Good spot, @Dylan100. I suspect this is significant.
    Dylan100 said:

I know it isn't much but Hamer just changed his twitter bio from 'Charlton Footballer' to 'Footballer...'.

• Both decent but prefer Hamer but looks like we will have neither next season.
  • I thought Randolph was better than Elliot anyway, definitely more athletic

I think that is so funny

• not as funny as cock in the custard....fecking brilliant!
  • Say what?
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Randolph was better than Elliot anyway, definitely more athletic

Looked shaky at times for Birmingham

• JiMMy 85 said:

Redrobo said:

Born blind but will continue seeing the same doctor. That is encouraging! :-)

Really think comments like this are worthy of a ban.

shine166 said:

I'm not sure why people need to keep repeating that anyway, can we not just leave it as personal issues ?

I agree entirely.

Really wish I knew what the hell was going on.
    Why?

Basic intrigue. It sounds pretty dramatic. I can't find any context for that comment, it seems so innocuous without context. Nothing I've thought of fits. And I watch a lot of Columbo.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m

Ben Hamer a done deal to Leicester City. Completed medical today.
  • Thanks for all you did Ben. Enjoy the prem,the money and the bench splinters ;)
  • Good luck to him. Shame but the appeal of the Premiership was too much. He'll be made for life and probably won't have to do much for it.
  • NugNug
    edited May 2014

Thanks for all you did Ben. Enjoy the prem,the money and the bench splinters ;)

He's still young for a keeper will improve and who knows how much he'll play.
  • So do people think we'll just go with Pope straight away? Or bring someone in
  • They'll definitley bring someone else in with experience, even if they do end up as backup.

Pope is obviously rated at Charlton, hence us turning down Yorks offer to buy him.