Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VIP meetings

Comments

• All wil be revealed tomorrow, assuming The Valley isn't burnt to the ground in anger
  • looks like a D notice has been issued.
  • Reckon there must have been a slanging match.

A ninety minute meeting I do not think is long enough to 'discuss' things.
  • Think this is a very clever piece of work by the club, bringing in people like Steve Avory as it defuses the atmosphere a bit. On the plus side it will make for a very interesting evening/morning and probably provide more insight than a hostile confrontation would have, with the same net result on the burning issues (nothing new).

As for GL, he would have been given a hard ride and to be honest he should be scouting our upcoming opposition rather than talking to supporters.
  • No slagging, t's amazing how we all manage to see things so differently !
  • The club will say "You all wanted to know our plans and direction that we wish to take the club, so we brought Steve Avory to the meeting to tell you"

Very clever piece of spin
  • cafc999 said:

The club will say "You all wanted to know our plans and direction that we wish to take the club, so we brought Steve Avory to the meeting to tell you"

Very clever piece of spin

I wonder if he mentioned that the physical work on the development of Sparrows Lane will start on October 15th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just stunk of A) KM almost angrily, by the end, putting it to us that Roland does what he does from where he does, and that's that.. she's a link between them him and us and we have to put up with it.

Got a wee bit heated near the end, Katrien obviously heating up a bit as she started cutting short a man's (well articulated) few tiered question, quite rudely I'd say, on more than one occasion which was a shame as it would be nice to hear the question in full before a response.

RM turning up to the meeting half way through and jumping in when he felt necessary.

All the people there unnecessary and were only there to diffuse the attention from KM, it's not as if people can prepare questions for them if they didn't know they were attending until they turned up. JJ spoke well as ever and made Tony Watt feel a lot more comfortable than without him, not really Watt's scene unfortunately, should have let him go a bit earlier to get an early nights kip, as he's only been here a few hours in footballing terms and was sitting there amongst a heated debate on the way our Football Club is being run.

KM & co. be happy to see the back of the VIP scheme and these meetings.
  • So if the shop is coming back, who's the new kit supplier? Please be Umbro, please be Umbro...
  • Out of interest HI did they address any of the issues regarding the VIPs ie the refund? Did they say at all what will be on offer to replace the current scheme?
  • Sounds like a lot of supporters would have come away from tonight very frustrated.
  • Rothko said:

So if the shop is coming back, who's the new kit supplier? Please be Umbro, please be Umbro...

I'd go for Adidas.
  • No new VIP scheme but we get 50 quid. km said that it was introduced when there were cash flow issues but there are none now.

New ticket prices at Hudds game it seems. 150 ST issue KM is aware of and my guess is it will be gone.

crossbars will be totally different.
  • edited February 2015

Out of interest HI did they address any of the issues regarding the VIPs ie the refund? Did they say at all what will be on offer to replace the current scheme?

10% discount on next years ticket or individuals can donate the discount amount to a charity such as the Upbeats. Letter to advise to be sent out.
  • No new VIP scheme but we get 50 quid. km said that it was introduced when there were cash flow issues but there are none now.

New ticket prices at Hudds game it seems. 150 ST issue KM is aware of and my guess is it will be gone.

crossbars will be totally different.

10% off our next ST or the amount (circa £50 but more likely £35-£40) donated to a chosen charity. wasn't it?
  • So did you very important people get the very important answers to your very important questions?...

Thought not.
  • Yes, 50 quid for me. We get the money and a list of charities to give to if we want.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sometimes this site beggars belief. Imagine Luzon was there tonight and then we got thumped 4-0 by Wigan on Friday he would get pelters, and rightly so, for attending a VIP meeting tonight. His main role is winning football matches. I doubt he's seen much of Wigan play in Belgium so of course he should be in Reading tonight. Ok it was informed late to fans but honestly 'so what'? I doubt many went tonight to specifically quiz Guy.

I really don't think he matters, but the club would have done better not to say he would be there when he wasn't and to have been up front earlier about any change of plan.
  • Appreciate the reports so far, but I am certainly looking forward to hearing from @Covered End
  • So did you very important people get the very important answers to your very important questions?...

Thought not.

a film explaining his vision but of course we can't tell unimportant people that : - )

Was Simon church in it?
  • Appreciate the reports so far, but I am certainly looking forward to hearing from @Covered End

Snap. He's like the Jim White of Q+A meetings :-)
  • Be interesting to see just how edited the video is tomorrow compared to what the people who went tonight remember

Thought not.

Thought wrong. We important people got a full projected budget for the next ten years, Roland's private number and a laptop with a film explaining his visionbut of course we can't tell unimportant people that : - )
    Who wants to see him having an eye test
  • What about the vegetarian cheese?
  • Be interesting to see just how edited the video is tomorrow compared to what the people who went tonight remember

On the Official FB Page..

"Charlton Athletic FC The Q&A will be shown in full, Tony. There are several hundred supporters here who will be able to advise if anything if anything major has been taken out! (IL)"

To be honest with quite a clear mind I remember it all quite well, will be obvious to see what, if anything, is took out. I reckon there may be one bit they may take out, I may be wrong..
  • Just stunk of A) KM almost angrily, by the end, putting it to us that Roland does what he does from where he does, and that's that.. she's a link between them him and us and we have to put up with it.

Got a wee bit heated near the end, Katrien obviously heating up a bit as she started cutting short a man's (well articulated) few tiered question, quite rudely I'd say, on more than one occasion which was a shame as it would be nice to hear the question in full before a response.

RM turning up to the meeting half way through and jumping in when he felt necessary.

All the people there unnecessary and were only there to diffuse the attention from KM, it's not as if people can prepare questions for them if they didn't know they were attending until they turned up. JJ spoke well as ever and made Tony Watt feel a lot more comfortable than without him, not really Watt's scene unfortunately, should have let him go a bit earlier to get an early nights kip, as he's only been here a few hours in footballing terms and was sitting there amongst a heated debate on the way our Football Club is being run.

KM & co. be happy to see the back of the VIP scheme and these meetings.

Sounds like she was putting across the message before tomorrows meeting that its his money financing the club and he will do what he likes .