Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VIP meetings

Comments

• Getting confused. It was 'advertised' as having Luzon there, and matbe VIP's made special arrangements to be there, and with half an hour to go it turns out he is not there.
    I don't believe it.
    Unless at 6.45 something unavoidable had happened, and Watt and Jacko were 45 minutes away and available just like that as it were.
  • That fixture has been in place for a while, right?
  • Ah good... tin foil hats at the ready!!
  • Attack, attack, attack attack attack
  • He makes you wanna vomit anyway Seth, you should be happy
  • I dunno, you think you're going to see Hamlet, and you end up at We Will Rock You.

'The eight-person panel, which includes some key behind-the-scenes club staff, are now answering some pre-submitted questions from fans'.
  • seth plum said:

I dunno, you think you're going to see Hamlet, and you end up at We Will Rock You.

'The eight-person panel, which includes some key behind-the-scenes club staff, are now answering some pre-submitted questions from fans'.

i hope they have Betty the tea lady there! Bovril brigade will be fuming if not!
  • He makes you wanna vomit anyway Seth, you should be happy

You forgot to add crawling skin.
    I actually think he ought to be at Reading doing some work, now he has his work permit, but I think telling fans with half an hour to go is pathetic.

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Getting confused. It was 'advertised' as having Luzon there, and matbe VIP's made special arrangements to be there, and with half an hour to go it turns out he is not there.
    I don't believe it.
    Unless at 6.45 something unavoidable had happened, and Watt and Jacko were 45 minutes away and available just like that as it were.

Do you have anger issues and / or high blood pressure ?
  • seth plum said:

He makes you wanna vomit anyway Seth, you should be happy

I actually think he ought to be at Reading doing some work, now he has his work permit, but I think telling fans with half an hour to go is pathetic.

Was he advertised as being there?

If so then that's one thing we can agree on.
  • WSS said:

That fixture has been in place for a while, right?

2/3 weeks. Game re arranged after Reading beat Cardiff in the 4th round of the cup.
  • seth plum said:

Who really cares!!!
  • seth plum said:

Was he advertised as being there?

If so then that's one thing we can agree on.
    Yes
  • No loss with Luzon not being there.

Meire and Murray are the main point of interest I would have thought.
  • Doubt Luzon would've said much anyway
  • This was yesterday.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-vip-q-and-a-meeting-filmed-shown-2274139.aspx

So yes he was advertised as being there.

P.S. Mr Stalker what has my blood pressure and anger issues got to do with you? Afraid you'll have to find another target sooner than you planned?
  • edited February 2015

''A question –and-answer session for VIP season-ticket holders takes place at The Valley on Tuesday evening – and supporters will be able to watch the event on-demand after it has concluded.

The evening gives fans who previously purchased a five-year ticket plan a platform to ask the club’s decision makers directly about recent developments and their plans for the future, while offering their own views in exchange.

Charlton CEO Katrien Meire, Non-Executive Chairman Richard Murray and Guy Luzon will all be on hand to field comments and queries from 7pm in the north stand.''

Simply not good enough to only let people know a half hour beforehand. Hopefully people will now be allowed to ask questions not sent in advance to make up for it. Can't see that happening though somehow...
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial · 54s 54 seconds ago
    The panel are now answering questions for the floor - starting with Academy Manager Steve Avory talking about plans for the academy. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial · 54s 54 seconds ago
    The panel are now answering questions for the floor - starting with Academy Manager Steve Avory talking about plans for the academy. #cafc

I don't know who is asking questions of the audience, and why the panel are answering for them.
  • That's pretty poor giving such short notice that Luzon won't be there. Think it's going to be a fairly tense affair so I feel sorry for Jacko and Watt having to sit through it
  • That's pretty poor giving such short notice that Luzon won't be there. Think it's going to be a fairly tense affair so I feel sorry for Jacko and Watt having to sit through it

In the past, players have waited outside during the nitty gritty bits of CASC meeting, then entered after to have questions put to them.

Agreed.
  • Jackson "out for a while" apparently - I assume that means from the first team, rather than from the meeting. Shame.