Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VIP meetings

Does anyone know if there are any planned for this season at the Valley, given the change of ownership?

Comments

• Are we sure the new owner is going to honour the final year of the VIP scheme ?
  • Got details of the next meeting in the post today. Tuesday 17th February. Have put in my question to Katrien. I am sure she will remember me from last years meeting.
  • I'll be the first to say it.

Day before the other meeting.
  • Got details of the next meeting in the post today. Tuesday 17th February. Have put in my question to Katrien. I am sure she will remember me from last years meeting.

Good luck with the meeting. I'm sure you and a few others will ask the relevant questions
  • I'd better start doing my homework :-)
  • I'll be the first to say it.

What other meeting?
  • Riviera said:

I'll be the first to say it.

What other meeting?
    This meeting...

http://www.castrust.org/2015/02/public-meeting-woolwich-grand-theatre-wed-18th-feb-7-30pm/

Keep the questions coming, even if you get members of G21 who tell you you are being harsh on KM
  • edited February 2015
    Nothing like a bit of notice! Have heard nothing of it. Any more details bolloxbolder? Time/venue?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tuesday 17th Feb-19.00 North stand lounge at the valley.
  • edited February 2015
    I know you've already mentioned it Henners :wink: but is the timing of this purely a coincidence or is it an attempt by the club to take some of the sting out of the meeting the following night?

If nothing else, on the 18th, people will surely need to be aware of what was said in this meeting so they don't simply go over ground that's already been discussed?
    How long will the minutes take to be published? *ducks for cover*
  • There will be a report (not minutes) on the CAS Trust website soon after the meeting. I would imagine HI will do his usual thorough coverage on here as well.
  • Pico said:

There will be a report (not minutes) on the CAS Trust website soon after the meeting. I would imagine HI will do his usual thorough coverage on here as well.

That's good @Pico, but will there be any sensitive material discussed i.e. where there is an understanding that people don't blab? We all know the grief that caused following the FF meeting.
    Hopefully not, but I've never attended a VIP meeting, so I don't know what sort of stuff gets discussed there.
  • Pico said:

There will be a report (not minutes) on the CAS Trust website soon after the meeting. I would imagine HI will do his usual thorough coverage on here as well.

That's good @Pico, but will there be any sensitive material discussed i.e. where there is an understanding that people don't blab? We all know the grief that caused following the FF meeting.
    Hopefully not, but I've never attended a VIP meeting, so I don't know what sort of stuff gets discussed there.
    Totally different from a fans forum meeting which has an agenda and minutes and where there are representatives asked to keep confidences.

VIP meetings are a q and a for up to 400 people. Open questions from the floor and if you look up my notes from last year tough questions were asked despite it being just before the cup QF.

as for the timing.

It was a similar time last year (someone can check on here) and it was mentioned at the last fans forum as being arranged soon.

But then again it was only announced last week after the provisional date of the other meeting had been given.
  • Cheers Henry.
    Just wondering, to be honest.
    Hopefully if, as @Pico says, you or others fill in the important details to people prior to the meeting the following day, there should be little or no unnecessary overlap.

Hope it all goes well on both nights - I'll be thinking of you all from sunny Dubai!
    :smiley:
  • edited February 2015
    Got my letter today.

KM, RM and GL all there as they were last year (CP rather than GL of course).

I've sent my questions in.
  • Is "What's the exit plan?" one of them by any chance?
  • edited February 2015
    Tuesday night grrrrrrrr. If it wasn't training night I would have gone as this would have been interesting. Although the VIPs are not exactly lupine GL and KM may find the evening "interesting".
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Is "What's the exit plan?" one of them by any chance?

People mocked but it doesn't sound like such a silly question now does it : - )

My questions were

1. Transfermarket, how great is this site?

2. Which transfer window should we wait until before judging M. Duchatelet's fantastic strategy; August 2017 or January 2020?

3. "Bumpy Ride". Discuss.
    4. Does Roland want us relegated so his network rejects don't look out of their depth?

• Of the 450 VIPs, I reckon 25% won't bother with a season ticket going forward.
    What's the point in a 27000 stadium that is half full ?

My guess is that folk will pick their games and PAYG, which is why the club will be doing all that Platinum/Gold/Silver
    grading stuff much more next season.

It will probably work out that by the time you have paid £40 to go to the best 8 games, you might as well have bought a ST.

Just my opinion.
  • I'll be there. I'm not expecting to get any more straight answers than Murray gave last year & Slater gave the year before.

But, I'll keep asking the questions.

Likewise CE. See you there.
  • edited February 2015
    From the fans forum minutes it seems a two tier VIP scheme is planned.

Presumably one will be a straight five year St and the other some sort of ST plus lounge to fill crossbars or similar. My guess.

I do fear that they will try to ignore the refund issue.

Bad business typist off to piss off any customer but especially not those with a track record of stumping up 5 years in advance.
  • shirty5 said:

Of the 450 VIPs, I reckon 25% won't bother with a season ticket going forward.

My guess is that folk will pick their games and PAYG, which is why the club will be doing all that Platinum/Gold/Silver

It will probably work out that by the time you have paid £40 to go to the best 8 games, you might as well have bought a ST.

Just my opinion.

I can see 95% of them renewing there season tickets for next season, and you may get a few at the meeting next Tuesday with the view that there is nothing wrong happening at the football club at the moment. I disagree with them, but after attending some Charlton shareholder meetings many years ago, some people will ask questions about potholes, shirt pulling, and the lack of Beef Tea than more relevant questions.

On the other hand there will be enough people there to ask the questions that matter As Covered End says if we get straight answers is another matter, but those questions will be asked and will continue to be asked.

Will there be another 5 year ticket? Personally I would say no, but even if there was the take up will be at least one hundred less on that scheme. Losing money on the deal is not the overall factor when purchasing said ticket, but don't take the rise out of those 450 people who stumped five years worth of money with a flippant remark.

As one of the 450 that stumped up and lost money, (just as I did when I bought CAFC shares),
    I reckon I am entitled to my view - which is far more than a "flippant remark".

Time will tell if 428 or 338 will renew.
  • shirty5 said:

Of the 450 VIPs, I reckon 25% won't bother with a season ticket going forward.

Just my opinion.

I can see 95% of them renewing there season tickets for next season, and you may get a few at the meeting next Tuesday with the view that there is nothing wrong happening at the football club at the moment. I disagree with them, but after attending some Charlton shareholder meetings many years ago, some people will ask questions about potholes, shirt pulling, and the lack of Beef Tea than more relevant questions.

On the other hand there will be enough people there to ask the questions that matter As Covered End says if we get straight answers is another matter, but those questions will be asked and will continue to be asked.

Will there be another 5 year ticket? Personally I would say no, but even if there was the take up will be at least one hundred less on that scheme. Losing money on the deal is not the overall factor when purchasing said ticket, but don't take the rise out of those 450 people who stumped five years worth of money with a flippant remark.

As one of the 450 that stumped up and lost money, (just as I did when I bought CAFC shares),
    I reckon I am entitled to my view - which is far more than a "flippant remark".

Time will tell if 428 or 338 will renew.
    The flippant remark is not directed towards you. It was towards a member of the board :-)
  • edited February 2015
    I had a 10 year S/T, before the 5 year S/T.

I'm unlikely to do another 5 year S/T in view of what Richard Murray said last year, the way RD is "not running" the club and the fact that I was financially worse off in doing so.

If the offer is very good, then I might.