Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VIP meetings

Comments

• shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Of the 450 VIPs, I reckon 25% won't bother with a season ticket going forward.
    What's the point in a 27000 stadium that is half full ?

My guess is that folk will pick their games and PAYG, which is why the club will be doing all that Platinum/Gold/Silver
    grading stuff much more next season.

It will probably work out that by the time you have paid £40 to go to the best 8 games, you might as well have bought a ST.

Just my opinion.

I can see 95% of them renewing there season tickets for next season, and you may get a few at the meeting next Tuesday with the view that there is nothing wrong happening at the football club at the moment. I disagree with them, but after attending some Charlton shareholder meetings many years ago, some people will ask questions about potholes, shirt pulling, and the lack of Beef Tea than more relevant questions.

On the other hand there will be enough people there to ask the questions that matter As Covered End says if we get straight answers is another matter, but those questions will be asked and will continue to be asked.

Will there be another 5 year ticket? Personally I would say no, but even if there was the take up will be at least one hundred less on that scheme. Losing money on the deal is not the overall factor when purchasing said ticket, but don't take the rise out of those 450 people who stumped five years worth of money with a flippant remark.

As one of the 450 that stumped up and lost money, (just as I did when I bought CAFC shares),
    I reckon I am entitled to my view - which is far more than a "flippant remark".

Time will tell if 428 or 338 will renew.
    The flippant remark is not directed towards you. It was towards a member of the board :-)
    :smile:
  • I will not renew, simply as for the last 18 months I have been unable to get to many games, due to changes at work.
  • I'll continue going for ever I reckon but whether I go for any new VIP deal is very questionable. Not best pleased I have lost money and that I could sit in my £425 seat for £150 having moved from Block A each game as many people do. I would miss the priority of away tickets though.

Hope to have some hard facts at the meeting.

• Will they try to 'catch' us again with a diluting discount? I will probably re-invest, partly as force of habit ('going to Charlton' is a default action for home games and 'reachable' aways), partly from (now misguided?) loyalty, and partly for priority on tickets. I suspect there will be a couple of hundred unofficial stenographers in the house- or a similar number pressing 'record' on mobile apps!
  • Just thinking about the "priority on tickets" - how much of a benefit does this offer (excl a cup run).

Couldn't sell out Fulham away, just about sold out Watford away, unlikely to sell out at the toolbox.
    However, Brentford away was tough for tickets.

But (heaven forbid) in L1 it won't be an issue.
  • Love to know how the 3 guests will talk their way out of this mess
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Love to know how the 3 guests will talk their way out of this mess

Oh they will. With the usual verbal diarrhea, they'll come out with some smoke-and-mirrors curve ball (which will turn out to be meaningless bs), and most will give them slack, because they WANT to believe.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Divide and rule.

VIPs should not engage with the network in my view until after the public meeting and the fans have agreed the approach.
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:

Divide and rule.

VIPs should not engage with the network in my view until after the public meeting and the fans have agreed the approach.

I understand where you are coming from but I would suggest that is not a good idea. If this happens it will be easily for the club to say they have tried to engage in communication with fans but it was not wanted.
  • kentred2 said:

Divide and rule.

Agreed.
    This is the reason I am not going.
  • Meanwhile, the museum will be open before the VIP meeting from 5.30 until 6.45pm
  • I thought the trigger for the meeting was the lack of communication but we should boycott one of the few remaining sources of direct communication we have with club? Makes no sense.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will be at both the VIP meeting and the Woolwich meeting including some of the Trust board.

I agree. All possibilities for dialogue with the Club which helps us understand what the frigging "direction" actually is, should be exploited.

However it is then equally important that we, as fans, all share our knowledge for the greater good of the future of CAFC. (That is not to say that club requests to keep information P&C should be ignored.)
  • I agree Prague. We keep going about how bad the communication is between the club and the fans so we should set an example and operate a complete transparency arrangement by putting all knowledge out into the public domain.
  • I'm just wondering what sort of 'atmosphere' there will be at the meeting? Previously the manager (CP last season) has been applauded to the table. After the fiasco of Tuesday evening I doubt there will be any 'warmth' from the floor for any of them, and even basic courtesy may be stretched a bit.
  • chilham said:

I'm just wondering what sort of 'atmosphere' there will be at the meeting? Previously the manager (CP last season) has been applauded to the table. After the fiasco of Tuesday evening I doubt there will be any 'warmth' from the floor for any of them, and even basic courtesy may be stretched a bit.

Booing perhaps.
  • Any booing or bad reception would be counterproductive and mean an end to such meetings in future. Need to show that we are essentially decent people but ones with concerns and grievances at the moment. No point in alienating the very people you need to be on our side.
  • Any booing or bad reception would be counterproductive and mean an end to such meetings in future. Need to show that we are essentially decent people but ones with concerns and grievances at the moment. No point in alienating the very people you need to be on our side.

Way past any chance of them being on your side. For people like Dushatalet, Cruella and Murray decency is a weakness to exploit and it is what they thrive on.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Any booing or bad reception would be counterproductive and mean an end to such meetings in future. Need to show that we are essentially decent people but ones with concerns and grievances at the moment. No point in alienating the very people you need to be on our side.

I am not advocating rudeness, but it seems odd that the paying customer should walk on eggshells if they have a grievance. Indeed the meeting should start with each of KM, RM and GL generally asking to hear what folk are unhappy with.
    Hope Luzon comes with a translator.
  • Hope people remember one decent performance/win don't make GL a decent appointment. ;)
  • edited February 2015
  • I think it says it all when a 15 year old kid who randomly emails Katrien gets better communication with the leadership than the trust.
  • Fair play. One up to Katrien in the propaganda war. Our move!
  • pity she doesn't even acknowledge emails from older long standing supporters
  • cfgs said:

Hope people remember one decent performance/win don't make GL a decent appointment. ;)

Hope people remember to make up their own minds