Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Anybody taking inflatable balls to Carlisle?
  • Anyone got prices/details for preston?

I wont lie, i'm useless at sorting out train journeys outside of london....

About £75 quid direct with Virgin. Think can get down to £65 if you go via Birmingham.
  • Anybody taking inflatable balls to Carlisle?
    Only NLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Im guessing that's one way rather then return, eh?
  • Im guessing that's one way rather then return, eh?
    no return
  • 15 of us doing Blackpool Fri & Sat night for Preston.
    Our away numbers are poor at the end of the day. Our aways support is not as 'laddish' as I and many of my mates would like (although we have our moments)
    But i'd rather live with that and be Charlton, than not.
    Besides I get my kicks at England aways! ;)

• I count myself lucky that I have the ability to ignore things , maybe its a gift , shame a few more don't possess this magic power
    I hope you're being ironic, because there's one thing you don't seem to be able to ignore. Let's be honest, all the 'our away numbers are embarrassing' stuff is actually code for 'I am an amazing supporter. If only more of you were like me' and that's why it's so boring.

On a different note, if you're happy to go to Preston, but think that Carlisle is too far, try looking at a map. It's only an extra hour at most.
  • edited April 2012

I count myself lucky that I have the ability to ignore things , maybe its a gift , shame a few more don't possess this magic power
    I hope you're being ironic, because there's one thing you don't seem to be able to ignore. Let's be honest, all the 'our away numbers are embarrassing' stuff is actually code for 'I am an amazing supporter. If only more of you were like me' and that's why it's so boring.

On a different note, if you're happy to go to Preston, but think that Carlisle is too far, try looking at a map. It's only an extra hour at most.
    Torpedos away..................get ready to reload!
  • edited April 2012
    Got to say that in any other season there would be no chance of me doing Carlisle away, but this season it was a must not miss. Gotta get a 6.30am train to London just to make my train though so gonna be a long day, but arent those the best ones?
    I was swinging from going to not then see this post from @Ketman and got straight on the phone and booked. Yes its a long way but I knew that if i missed it i could regret it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our aways support is not as 'laddish' as I and many of my mates would like (although we have our moments)
    Totally agree with this, me and my mates are mid twenties but I don't see as many in that age group at our away games as maybe some other teams do. It's what you make of the trip at the end of the day.
  • Just got my ticket for Carlisle, going on my lonesome on the coach, but you have to be there
  • Our aways support is not as 'laddish' as I and many of my mates would like (although we have our moments)
    Totally agree with this, me and my mates are mid twenties but I don't see as many in that age group at our away games as maybe some other teams do. It's what you make of the trip at the end of the day.
    Snap with my lott, but as you it's what you make of the trip. We're usually on one of the first trains out of london and usually spend the night in the city or town we're playing in, plenty of booze and laughs can't go wrong.
  • Got 2 for Carlisle today.

Just seen this team news...........

Carlisle's play-off hopes have been dealt a double blow with the news that Lee Miller and Chris Chantler will miss the rest of the season.

Leading goalscorer Miller was forced out of Monday's goalless home draw with Scunthorpe due to a groin injury, while left-back Chantler has been struggling in recent weeks with a hamstring problem.
    The club had been waiting anxiously for scan results for both players and their worst fears were realised when it was confirmed neither player would feature again this season.

Miller, a free signing from Middlesbrough last summer, has scored 15 goals for the Cumbrians this season, while Chantler has been a revelation since being converted from a winger following his arrival from Manchester City in January.
  • happy days
  • Should put 300 on the last figure
  • 300 creatines
  • Anyone doing the weekend in Blackpool after Preston ?
    This is one of the reasons that Preston is likely to be selling better than Carlisle. We need to get our b&b bookings sorted and tickets for the evening entertainment too. All sorted now for my little group. Expensive train from Blackpool to Preston though at more than £13 a head return.

Blackpool is always good for a party. COYRs
  • I'm guna do Preston i think.
  • Promotion for us doesn't come round that often so I've gotta do both games be gutted if we go up and I wasnt there.
  • Sponsored links:

• 690 is pretty poor
    690 is with 2 or 3 days left of sale at the club before they are sent back and then there will be those who turn up and pay on the gate, it will get into the 1000s I reckon.
    I would say absolutely rubbish, don't know about poor
  • 690 is pretty poor
    690 is with 2 or 3 days left of sale at the club before they are sent back and then there will be those who turn up and pay on the gate, it will get into the 1000s I reckon.
    I would say absolutely rubbish, don't know about poor
    And I would say ........................ gissa kiss!
    ;o)
  • Anyone doing the weekend in Blackpool after Preston ?
    Yes, quite a few are!

As for the numbers to Carlisle, embarrassing yet again. Hopefully we'll do the business and Wednesday will slip up and the 700 fans will have memories that will last for the rest of their lives.
    I wonder if the people that get annoyed at the criticism of our away following are the one's that do not go away?
  • Either go away or go away thats my motto...
  • Personally I was always going to Preston as it's a traditional that we have a lads old blokes weekend for the last away game. Preston is ideal as we're staying in Blackpool.

There is still likely to be something on that game so even better but we would have gone up regardless.

Otherwise the whole "our away support is s*****" ritual that happens for EVERY game is as pointless as it is tedious. I know OoH Aah has to stay in character but nothing he or his acolytes say actually gets more people on the road. If anything it just creates a negative vibe around away trips when in reality away games are usually good fun, win, lose or draw.
    People expressing an opinion
  • Blackpool are at Millwall that day as a sidenote

virgintrains.com
  • At a guess I would say that some do and some don't Elfsbourg.
  • I can't understand how 700 hundred fans going to Carlise is embarrassing! Trains are well over 100 pounds it is the furthest northern game possible. The people who complain about how bad it is I am guessing you go to ever home and away game?
  • how many we sold it was near 700 yesterday