Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    banter ;-)
  • Options
    Doesn't matter how many Sheff Utd take to MK, we'll still be getting more points than them between now and the end of the season. FACT
  • Options
    I love you ooh aah

Can you confirm for me charlton numbers at Carlisle 09/10 please don't think it was that many less than we have sold now which is weird

Think it was 650 ish
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    646 southend

we were 2nd and it was a saturday on halloween
  • Options
    What version of Excel do you use Oohahh?
  • Options
  • Options
    I think Airman should organise a survey to go out to all Charlton fans on the database to ask why that are not attending away games in the numbers that all the other fans clearly are. The data should be sent to ooooooh aaaaah and let him work on the figures for us all to debate and come up with a strategy to increase the following.

We need to end this embarrassment asap.
  • Options
    end of season programme @plaaaayer
  • Options
    Charlton = great team and shit support
    Wednesday = shit team and great support.

I know what I would prefer
  • Options
    imagine the heights we could reach with half decent away support
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I have travelled home and away with Charlton on and off for over 30 years and the games I pick are mainly due to money , family commitments , other interests , whether I have been to the ground and the significance of the game .

I suspect amongst our home crowd we attract a lot of neutrals who go to the Valley but are really supporters of other clubs so do not share the passion that we do . In Sheffield and the surrounding areas I suspect you are either blue or red.

On Saturday I will be at Carlisle even though it is expensive because I was there in 81 and 85 and I want to be there at the moment we achieve promotion and I am lucky enough to be able to currently afford it ,others are not so fortunate.
  • Options
    I suspect amongst our home crowd we attract a lot of neutrals who go to the Valley but are really supporters of bigger clubs so do not share the passion that we do . In Sheffield and the surrounding areas I suspect you are either blue or red.
    I would doubt that is true in League One, except for the £5 games.
  • Options
    yaaaawn
  • Options
    Who knew OohAah had 'acolytes'.

Facts are his only friend.
  • Options

Would I drop 8 points to have a much bigger long term fanbase? Yeah, I probably would.
  • Options

Would I drop 8 points to have a much bigger long term fanbase? Yeah, I probably would.
    Good way of putting it and I think I probably agree with you.
  • Options
    Who knew OohAah had 'acolytes'

Facts are his only friend.
    Didn't Desmond Decker have a hit with that in the late 60's?
  • Options
    i wouldn't say we had a great team and shit support

we're in the third division, admittedly cruising it, but hardly what i'd call a great team

our support at home (numbers wise) is great imo
  • Options
    I love you ooh aah

Can you confirm for me charlton numbers at Carlisle 09/10 please don't think it was that many less than we have sold now which is weird

Think it was 650 ish
    Well that is interesting! New ground syndrome?

What is weird is people commenting on a thread they don't care about!

I don't think we should be comparing our away attendances with some of the clubs listed, it's not a reasonable comparison.
  • Options
    As Farnham sang your the voice....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Preston 1,027
  • Options
    Gonna be a sell out Preston
  • Options
    Just bought 2 for Preston as I have one of the Dundee lads staying with me the night before, he is Flying in from Aberdeen, Army reunion Friday night in town, Preston Saturday and then fly back from Heathrow Sunday morning, good effort! This could sell out...
  • Options
    Can't go tomorrow ... but my son and his mates will be there.

However just got 5 tickets for Preston ... ticket office sounded extremely busy!
  • Options
    Personally I was always going to Preston as it's a traditional that we have a lads old blokes weekend for the last away game. Preston is ideal as we're staying in Blackpool.

There is still likely to be something on that game so even better but we would have gone up regardless.

Otherwise the whole "our away support is s*****" ritual that happens for EVERY game is as pointless as it is tedious. I know OoH Aah has to stay in character but nothing he or his acolytes say actually gets more people on the road. If anything it just creates a negative vibe around away trips when in reality away games are usually good fun, win, lose or draw.
    People expressing an opinion

Yes they are expressing an opinion. And?

I was also expressing my opinion that what they were saying is both tedious and counter-productive. What I don't do is say that 10 or 20 times a week and on just about any thread on Charlton Life.
    Yeah, fair point but unfortunately on Charlton Life it tends to be anything negative, however correct it is, is shot down in flames.

So if they say something you agree with it's "expressing an opinion"

but if they say something you disagree with it's "shoot down in flames"

No spin there then.
    Righto
  • Options
    lets not talk about away sales on a thread titled ' upcoming away sales' for fear of offending some of the precious folk of Charlton

Its not a case of offending anyone, more just that it goes round and round in circles.
    I give you that Rose and Crown that it goes round in circles but I do think it offends people
  • Options
    Whether you go to away games now or 5/10/20 or even 30 years ago doesn't make You or them a worse/better supporter.As long as CAFC is in your heart you are all Wonderful.
  • Options
    im touched
  • Options
    I'd tell the old bill mike.
  • Options
    cheers mate