Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    I always thought you were defined as 21 on your 21st birthday etc....
  • Options
    cheers just looked on website
    Children aged under 16 at the time that the Railcard is purchased may still travel at the discounted child’s fare throughout the validity period of the 1-year Railcard, or, for a 3-year Railcard, even if they become 16 years old during that time
    owe you a pint nathan
    my son is 16 next month might be me but am i right to say if i buy one just before his birthday card is valid till just under 19

• Options
    that's waht i was thinking clb
  • Options
    be a double pint for nathan if this is the case
  • Options
    if you buy him a couple he can use his money to buy my old man the about 20 pints he owes him
  • Options
    Dunno how it works on a match by match basis, but I recall when I used to have an U21 ticket back in the prem days it was determined on your age at the start of the season - so if you were 20 on something like August 15th you got an U21 one.
  • Options
    where does nathan drink?
  • Options
    greenwich on matchdays or sometimes pickwick
  • Options
    Got a U21 for Preston, but what is the exact definition of Under 21? A day before their 21st birthday? Up until December 31st of that year? Up until a day before the 22nd birthday? It's all confusing and isn't stated clearly
    They go on how high your voice is and how nervous you look when you hand over the ticket.

Play it cool, Nath....
  • Options
    Mike your Dad going in the pickwick early saturday buy him a couple of pints from nathan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan have taken 200 to Arsenal tonight

• Options
    on current railcard me and wife named not had to mention kids so who to say the 18 9/10th teenager is me boy
    they never ask for id for me or wife anyway
  • Options
    It could also mean 21 AND Under, it's pretty vague as to the rules
  • Options
    I got 2 tickets for the Preston game one of which is under 21 and when i spoke to are ticket office i explained that he will be 22 on the 28th of april and they said that it would be fine.
  • Options
    I got 2 tickets for the Preston game one of which is under 21 and when i spoke to are ticket office i explained that he will be 22 on the 28th and they said that it would be fine.
  • Options
    Stupid phone sorry for the double post & now triple post, hope that helps.
  • Options
    Jesus wept Nathan you really do surpass yourself.

The child's ticket is 16 and under, how can someone who is 21 be under 21?
    There's different rules around what age is classed as under or not
    Apologies Nathan I misunderstood you.
  • Options
    What's the initial away capacity ?
    And how many have we sold - excuse my ignorance but is this a train to Manchester and then change ?
  • Options
    In that case i'll be 18 on 6th June but if I renew my season ticket now can I renew for an u18 as at the moment im 17 or is that just me being stupid?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Season tickets are issued on the basis of your age on August 1st in any given season.

Match tickets are sold on the basis of your age at the time of the game. Someone who is already 21 on the day before the Preston game is not U21, and no one at Charlton has the authority to tell you otherwise, although in practice it's unlikely you would be challenged.

A further complication is that playing eligibility for, say, U21 teams does not work in the same way, but this is how the ticketing side works.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now im confused i think ill risk the under 21 ticket for preston as worst case is he pays an extra bit when we are there but i would add that i was advised by the ticket office to get him that ticket as i was going to still go for 2 adult tickets, should of stuck to my original thoughts maybe.
  • Options
    And how many have we sold - excuse my ignorance but is this a train to Manchester and then change ?
    The train i got to Carlisle from Euston on saturday , stopped at Preston , takes about 2 hours 8 mins , can do it either on Virgin trains or Trainline.com £15 to get an upgrade to 1st class , which was rocking on Saturday.

• Options
    No.

They stop at Preston.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I got 2 tickets for the Preston game one of which is under 21 and when i spoke to are ticket office i explained that he will be 22 on the 28th of april and they said that it would be fine.
    I'm 21 and always buy an u18 when I can, never checked and money saved
  • Options
    I'm 21 and always buy an u18 when I can, never checked and money saved
    Well done you. Seriously, you are a top man - and so humble too.
  • Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    Does anyone know a cheaper train to Preston than 78quid from London as a full adult fare, otherwise I am on a coach and I hate them!
  • Options
    Does anyone know a cheaper train to Preston than 78quid from London as a full adult fare, otherwise I am on a coach and I hate them!
    Get JBlock to get you a kids ticket mate - it's no problem.
  • Options
    can get a £65 straight with no changes.

or

go via crewe.

8.50 - 10.32 £32 then 40 minute train to preston for another £20.

just need to play around with it.

thats all on eastcoast
  • Options
    are there many supporters who go up with the kids on a railcard that we could pair up with others
    the £78 wouldwork out at £52 then