Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    The sales for Oldham are quite poor, but I would suspect a Bank Holiday weekend having something to do with it.
    i see your point but on the other hand could that work for bigger numbers?

or maybe walsall at home on monday and more likely a promotion party at carlise have shrunk the numbers. but it looks pretty average numbers for the rest of the season when the prize is 3 points at these paces.
    We will never sell out these sort of games unless the club subsides coach travel or ticket prices, can't understand why everyone is moaning about are away numbers as said before I would prefer to have the numbers at the valley rather then better away numbers
  • Options
    The sales for Oldham are quite poor, but I would suspect a Bank Holiday weekend having something to do with it.
    i see your point but on the other hand could that work for bigger numbers?

or maybe walsall at home on monday and more likely a promotion party at carlise have shrunk the numbers. but it looks pretty average numbers for the rest of the season when the prize is 3 points at these paces.
    We will never sell out these sort of games unless the club subsides coach travel or ticket prices, can't understand why everyone is moaning about are away numbers as said before I would prefer to have the numbers at the valley rather then better away numbers
    i agree with this, some charlton fans just love a moan, we never take enough away, we never sing at home, the coach is to quiet blah blah just support your team!!!!!!! id love to go more away games but there is little something called MONEY which people don't always have with away games costing £50 plus.
  • Options
    talking of money...anyone found any cheap deals regarding preston travel. or is 50quid about right?
  • Options
    sounds about right pal
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, £49 looks the standard to Preston with a YP card. Got my ticket but not train.

Carlisle I think I'm just gonna say sod it and book rather than waiting until after Easter. Expensive, but I'll try and justify it with the money saved from May to August.
  • Options
    wouldn't preston give us 6k tickets if need be? Unless the club is putting on free travel we wouldn't take half of that regardless of the situation.
    Preston are able to give the whole end, they have done this on previous occasions
  • Options
    Seeing as we are only taking 500 to Oldham and we only took 1200 to Blackburn in 2000 I think talk of needing the whole end at Preston is a little premature.
  • Options
    Seeing as we are only taking 500 to Oldham and we only took 1200 to Blackburn in 2000 I think talk of needing the whole end at Preston is a little premature.
    And extremely unlikely!
  • Options
    We won't have motes than 1500 at Preston
  • Options
    *more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman,
    We will be needing 15 for Preston when on general sale. Usually collect con numbers but can't be arsed with 15.
    However assuming we had a 'big' away game early next season, would aways from this season count in the usual 'non season ticket holders with x amount of away games' etc?
    If so I might need to collect and provide them afterall.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Yeah, £49 looks the standard to Preston with a YP card. Got my ticket but not train.

Carlisle I think I'm just gonna say sod it and book rather than waiting until after Easter. Expensive, but I'll try and justify it with the money saved from May to August.
    Got mine on Saturday morning with a railcard for £37
  • Options
    There is 6-10 of us waiting to get our Preston tickets. I reckon it will sell more than most think.
  • Options
    A statement of the obvious but the turnout at Preston will largely depend upon what, if anything, turns upon it. Witnessing promotion is a precious thing - I've had 5 in my lifetime:

- Preston in 1975 at the Valley ( my abiding memories are Bob Curtis' missed penalty before half time and the Killer's two late, raking left footers in the second half )
    - Carlisle in 1981 ( missed that: doing exams and no money anyway )
    - Carlisle in 1986 ( Tolmie's own goal, Lennie and John Friar being carried shoulder high around the pitch at the end and grown men crying in the away paddock )
    - Wembley 1998
    - 2000 ( promoted without playing ).

Preston would be a great place to go up but I think we'll have secured it before then. I think a lot of decisions on away travel will be made after the Easter weekend.
  • Options
    Doubtful we will use this season's away history next season, although I suppose it's possible. For example, if we got promoted and started at, say, Brighton you'd expect that to sell out and we'd have no new info.
  • Options
    A statement of the obvious but the turnout at Preston will largely depend upon what, if anything, turns upon it. Witnessing promotion is a precious thing - I've had 5 in my lifetime:

- Preston in 1975 at the Valley ( my abiding memories are Bob Curtis' missed penalty before half time and the Killer's two late, raking left footers in the second half )
    - Carlisle in 1986 ( Tolmie's own goal, Lennie and John Friar being carried shoulder high around the pitch at the end and grown men crying in the away paddock )
    - Wembley 1998

Preston would be a great place to go up but I think we'll have secured it before then. I think a lot of decisions on away travel will be made after the Easter weekend.
    But did you have someone to entertain you on the coach?
  • Options
    with 2,000 tickets for preston no need to panic yet
  • Options
    "Unreserved" tickets for Preston as well
  • Options

- Wembley 1998

I knew when the fixtures came out that this year would be a good season - we will seal it either v Carlisle or v Preston or when we don't play....history repeating itself.

But first of all, let's beat Oldham...one game at a time.

• Options
    Is it still looking likely that there will be some in the away end on the gate at Oldham? I can't get down to the Valley before hand, but I'm keen on going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it still looking likely that there will be some in the away end on the gate at Oldham? I can't get down to the Valley before hand, but I'm keen on going.
    Very likely.
  • Options
    Great, thanks Airman.
  • Options
    Carlisles got potential to be the best away game in years
  • Options
    I will be buying 4 for Preston when they go on sale to season ticket holders. It's one ground i've never been to.
  • Options
    Carlise have suddenly snuck up 3 points behind the MK Dons.
  • Options
    Don't try using logic Off_it, our away support is poor, if it's not poor for a game or games, then suitable excuses of why we took good numbers somewhere will be trotted out, but our away support will always be poor, no matter the number. If another club, who obviously have better support than us, happen to bring apparently poor numbers to the Valley, then the same excuses we use for our poor figures, that are routinely derided or ignored, will be trotted out by the very people who said the weren't valid reasons for our away support.

So no matter the combination of awkward journeys, low allocations, televised games, consecutive long trips, or any one of a dozen over valid reasons are never good enough to explain a low away attendance for us, they are all perfectly good reasons for away teams to bring low numbers to the valley, despite the fact that virtually every team we play will have more fans living within 20 miles of the valley than we have fans living within 20 miles of their ground.
    think this could be my favourite post on CL
  • Options
    Oldham 506, Carlisle 503, Preston 354
  • Options
    Carlisles got potential to be the best away game in years
    It should be but it'll be a very tough game.
  • Options
    I get the impression that we are all fearing Carlisle a little bit. We have beaten them 4-0 and 2-0 at The Valley this season already.

With the possible incentive of promotion on the day, I think their fans and players will be fearing us a bit more than we realise.

Sheffield Wednesday/United/Huddersfield/ML Dons/Stevenage/Notts County were all deemed to be the toughest games we could have this season, and when it really mattered - we went and beat every single one of them.

Stop glooming! Get yourselves up there and get behind them rather than speculating the worst!
  • Options
    Well said that man