Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    Carlisle took 4,000+ to Preston which has massively boosted their average.
    Yeah thats not fair
  • Options
    think we should remember how many of the 23 are from the north
  • Options
    would like to see a table of how far each club has had to travel this year
    yep
  • Options
    still 89miles away and i assume thats their nearest trip. why did they take so many there?
  • Options
    £10 student or under 21 tickets for preston hopefully get a good following up there
  • Options
    carlisle think of preston as their main rivals i think
  • Options
    They have history on the Hooligan front!!!
  • Options
    Any updates on Oldham/Carlisle?
  • Options
    The travelling distance does affect these stats.

Also the allocation of tickets from local sides.

We sold out Brentford. Close to sell out for Leyton Orient on a televised NYE game. MK Dons was a tues night. The yorkshire sides usually get shed loads of tickets for local derbys thus increasing their average.

Plus we all know how many northeners live in London to swell away support for the home counties and London.

;)
  • Options
    How does this compare with the Southern league 1 of two years back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away mileage on "are we there yet? thread

We have the 7th highest
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Given how far it is from Carlisle to - well anywhere - those are very impressive numbers for them.
    that is impressive in that they have 1300 more miles to travel than us and that we are romping the league.

• Options
    If wanting to go to Preston be wary of arranging coach travel by the club as on the os it states it is arranging coaches to Prenton Park for the game, how far is Preston from Tranmere?
    I'll have a word . . .
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say, our advance sales for the Palace game next year are shit.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say, our advance sales for the Palace game next year are shit.
    Excellent attitude, someone that knows we ARE going up this year regardless of the past few games.
  • Options
    Oldham 468, Carlisle 452, Preston 175
  • Options
    pretty poor for oldham but all these northern games are so expensive got to pick and choose. hopefully we take atleast 1k to carlisle!
  • Options
    I think they've dropped their prices to a sensible level now and allocate 4k.

I'll be the second to criticise the sales.

• Options
    Got my five for Preston!
  • Options
    Got 2 for Wolves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pretty poor for oldham but all these northern games are so expensive got to pick and choose. hopefully we take atleast 1k to carlisle!
    Why is it poor? Surely - as you keep reminding us - if our away support is always crap then 500 at this stage to Oldham is actually not bad, is it?

You can't keep having it both ways mate.
  • Options
    our away support in general is poor, but we have some good games. 500 to Oldham is one of the poor ones.
  • Options
    Don't try using logic Off_it, our away support is poor, if it's not poor for a game or games, then suitable excuses of why we took good numbers somewhere will be trotted out, but our away support will always be poor, no matter the number. If another club, who obviously have better support than us, happen to bring apparently poor numbers to the Valley, then the same excuses we use for our poor figures, that are routinely derided or ignored, will be trotted out by the very people who said the weren't valid reasons for our away support.

So no matter the combination of awkward journeys, low allocations, televised games, consecutive long trips, or any one of a dozen over valid reasons are never good enough to explain a low away attendance for us, they are all perfectly good reasons for away teams to bring low numbers to the valley, despite the fact that virtually every team we play will have more fans living within 20 miles of the valley than we have fans living within 20 miles of their ground.
  • Options
    I will be getting Carlisle tickets after Easter if there's a chance to see us promoted.

Otherwise I don't really fancy the cost of a away day for a league one game.
  • Options
    Don't try using logic Off_it, our away support is poor, if it's not poor for a game or games, then suitable excuses of why we took good numbers somewhere will be trotted out, but our away support will always be poor, no matter the number. If another club, who obviously have better support than us, happen to bring apparently poor numbers to the Valley, then the same excuses we use for our poor figures, that are routinely derided or ignored, will be trotted out by the very people who said the weren't valid reasons for our away support.

So no matter the combination of awkward journeys, low allocations, televised games, consecutive long trips, or any one of a dozen over valid reasons are never good enough to explain a low away attendance for us, they are all perfectly good reasons for away teams to bring low numbers to the valley, despite the fact that virtually every team we play will have more fans living within 20 miles of the valley than we have fans living within 20 miles of their ground.
    This
  • Options
    I'm glad someone understood what I was getting, even if it was clearly lost on Mike!
    :o)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    our away support in general is poor, but we have some good games. 500 to Oldham is one of the poor ones.
    Mike, if our away support in general is poor, as you say, then 500 to Oldham is surely "average" for us? Whereas the "good games" are actually brilliant turnouts.

That's the logical conclusion to your constant slating of our away numbers.
  • Options
    500 is poor. i don't really see or care about the point you are making ha!
  • Options
  • Options
    I really don't understand the constant need to judge our away support just go to the matches, get behind the team and enjoy.