Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    Should be over a 1000 at Huddersfield which is respectable if not impressive. Well done to those going-hopefully you'll be rewarded with at least a point. I'm moving house so that's my excuse this week...
    I think it is disappointing if we can't manage nearer 2000. After all they brought over 1,000 to us for an evening game that was live on TV, and their home support is less than ours

Signed, Oohaah's Czech relative :-)
    Have you taken into consideration the free coach travel as well that they had for the game.
    Like we rustled together 400 for Halifax!
  • Options
    Our away following is bigger than;

Barnsley
    Bristol City
    Burnley
    Coventry
    Doncaster
    Ipswich
    Millwall
    Reading
    Watford

On a par with;

Blackpool
    Cardiff
    Boro
    Pompey

and not that far behind a few others whilst in a lower division.

People do get their knickers in a twist about it!
    To be fair there JT, I am a critic of our away following but the above stats make our away following not so bad
  • Options
    None of them have won 13 games away from home...

• Options
    Instead of rubbishing it consistently what are YOU doing to improve the numbers beyond the odd away game that you can go to by your own admission ?
    i'm procreating and brainwashing my 4 sons into the religion of charlton, playing the long game

JT if you're talking Championship attendances that's when we were last there, i put the good season in with the bad one to give yu a feel for the occassions!

and for an all conquering season that we're having now , our numbers aren't great considering how decent our home numbers are

I work on percentages that go away to the home average. I usually work on a team would be able to take 5% of their home average. Rochdale and Bury may have taken small numbers but proportionally was VERY good
  • Options
    .... I got flowers .......... in the spring ..............

Funny how it's the same old names constantly telling us that our away support is pony and has been for years, but then seem to act all surprised and use it as an excuse to trot out the same old guff again when we "only" sell 1,000 - in advance, I hasten to add- for Huddersfield.

Can't have it both ways. If our away support is actually so crap then taking 1,000 to Huddersfield is actually quite good in comparison.

.......... i got you ......... to wear my ring ..........
  • Options
    just booked Oldham train tickets. £45 return gong via Brum thanks to Efs.
    Your welcome mate, inbox me your number anytime if I can help in the future.
  • Options
    Anyone know the cheapest I can get to Preston by direct train.
    Try virgintrains, an option could be euston to birmingham return, and birmingham to preston return, of course you would have to change trains rather than direct london to preston. Just a thought
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    You lot don't know how lucky you are.

Just been on trainline.com and the cheapest is £129.50 return from Southampton to Carlisle.

Looks like I'll be driving.
  • Options
    Just booked the train for Carlisle , all i need now is a ticket to get in! :-0
    Sorry if I have already missed it, but how much is the train?
    Kev i'm 100% certain someone will come on here to gloat about the fact that they paid less , i paid £84 , Trainline from Euston which is cheaper than me driving and having to stay in a hotel , i drove to Hartlepool (Carlisle is even further) and it took me 7 hours 30 mins , do i want to do it again? erm nope :-0

Not gloating. This shows it helps to book early though. I booked 2 tickets back in January for 39 quid each return. Then, 3 weeks later I bought 2 more and it had gone up to 55 quid. Still not bad. The disadvantage with cheap tickets ahead of time is that they are non refundable and unchangeable. You can't even get on another train that same day. When you pay more the tickets are a lot more flexible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ok cheers chaps, maybe I won't be going to Carlisle then! I love Charlton, but I love my testicles more, and I think if I paid that sort of money my other half would remove them for me!
  • Options
    Huddersfield 964, Oldham 301, Carlisle 128
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Whoever got the last cheap train ticket on the 17:52 &18:52 from Carlisle, I f*cking hate you
  • Options
    Got my hudds ticket earlier, long old coach journey up there though!
  • Options
    Whoever got the last cheap train ticket on the 17:52 &18:52 from Carlisle, I f*cking hate you
    Just don't pay - you love that.

• Options

And get a penalty fare? Yeah, lets do that.

Now I've gotta go on a 4hr47min journey and a diversion at Wolverhampton to be able to get back
  • Options
    Just get on the train and pretend you can't speak a word of English apart from London...
  • Options

Saw some joker getting led away at Carlisle station today by the coppers for not having a ticket,trying to get to Glasgow but fell at the last !!!
  • Options
    A bit off topic but this seems the best thread to ask without starting a new one...

I've had to cancel my debit card today (I've been targeted for online fraud), and have to pick up my train tickets for Huddersfield tomorrow using said card. I am still going to be able to do this, aren't I? Bit late to be asking the Trainline, obviously I have by collection, booking references, etc.
  • Options
    A bit off topic but this seems the best thread to ask without starting a new one...

I've had to cancel my debit card today (I've been targeted for online fraud), and have to pick up my train tickets for Huddersfield tomorrow using said card. I am still going to be able to do this, aren't I? Bit late to be asking the Trainline, obviously I have by collection, booking references, etc.
    I would take the card with you. I assume you've already paid for the tickets on the card? I think they want you to have the card on you to prove it was you who actually purchased the tickets.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Hmm, tricky one. I have to admit that I always try to avoid using a card if it is due to expire, for the same sort of reason.

I don't know the answer, but if it was me I'd try to collect them from a station that has ticket office staff available, so that you can ask for assistance if the machine is not forthcoming.

I'd also give myself half hour extra, in case of possible difficulties.

I'd try at my local station first, then a mainline one.
  • Options
    Yeh Im with covered end mate. I would be a bit concerned / cautious about this. Get there in lots of time.
  • Options

i had this problem with tranmere away last month and i went to where they sold the tickets and they put my reference number in and printed them off. even though you cancelled the card take it with you and some decent id i.e. passport or driving licence and it should be ok. that was with virgin cant guarentee with others. hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone, much appreciated.

You just put your card in and the collection reference, so I'm not "using" it as such, but I don't know how much of a blanket ban cancelling your card causes.

Annoying as I've also booked for a friend, but I'll give myself lots of time and take all of the above advice.
  • Options
    I know i'm dreaming here ... i put in getting a return ticket to Manchester , it was like £150 if i went in April or in May , yet when i put in Derby it was £30 return in April & £30 return in May, how on earth does this trainline thingy work?

I know you can only book 2 months ahead , and the earlier you book the cheaper, does anyone have experience of using this regularly?
  • Options
    Should be over a 1000 at Huddersfield which is respectable if not impressive. Well done to those going-hopefully you'll be rewarded with at least a point. I'm moving house so that's my excuse this week...
    I think it is disappointing if we can't manage nearer 2000. After all they brought over 1,000 to us for an evening game that was live on TV, and their home support is less than ours

Signed, Oohaah's Czech relative :-)
    Not sure if this has been said before but you can't compare crowds like that. There will be loads of Hudds fans who live in London - many more than Charlton fans who live in west Yorks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone, much appreciated.

You just put your card in and the collection reference, so I'm not "using" it as such, but I don't know how much of a blanket ban cancelling your card causes.

Annoying as I've also booked for a friend, but I'll give myself lots of time and take all of the above advice.
    Did it work out ok RP?
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Oldham from Manchester Pic is please. Are most people getting another train or getting on the buses and if so how long it takes to the ground. Cheers Nick.
  • Options
    About 25 mins by bus.
  • Options
    Nice one cheers.