Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    used it yesterday, as reliable as ever. arrived about 1-15pm in time to greet the team off the coach.
    Understand people who'd rather use the train, but don't understand why that means you have to criticise something that helps people to be able to attend away games who cannot use the train for whatever reason.
  • Options
    well said AlexAnder

read my post as one explanation for why people feel the need to make such criticisms

@Airman.... really would recommend the collection of some kind of stats re: reliability for marketing purposes.... IF it is as easily done as I might imagine (am great at thinking up tasks for others)

• Options
    Comes down to personal choice at the end of the day. My trip to Ewood was ruined in 2007 by arriving 2 mins b4 kick-off and not getting a chance to soak up any of the pre-match atmospurrs. I won't take that chance again and will pay the extra for a train every time. Fortunately I can just about afford to do so. Others can't and will take the coaches which still offer good value for money if less comfort and convenience.
  • Options
    It's an apples and pears comparison. In general trains are dearer than coaches, they can also be impractical, especially for evening games. I would go by train every time if that wasn't the case. However, I do find it a bit ridiculous to have people slagging off the coaches on the basis of, for example, Ewood Park 2007, when four people organised 79 free coaches using about 20 different coach companies, which is hardly going to be a typical example of the service. And even then the vast majority were parked up in good time for people to go to the pub next to the ground, before going in.

Things do go wrong, usually other people having accidents on the motorway or drivers making bad decisions. I've also been too ambitious on timings on occasion or got it wrong the other way. But if you take yesterday, which is just as good an example as any of the ones that people have highlighted, all the coaches were parked up at Scunthorpe by 1.30pm.

To be clear, neither I nor the club could care less if people don't want to travel away by coach. We provide it as a service for the people who do, and most of the time it runs pretty smoothly, despite being done on the cheap compared to many other clubs. If you want something else go another way.
    Have the club looked into ways of making things cheaper on the trains, and not be the club subsidising this of course. How practical this I am not sure but a suggestion
  • Options
    Give Airman Brown a break ,Over the years he has done just great.If you knew what went behind transporting fans to away games you would run for the hills.Both for CASC AND THE football club Thank you for your service.
  • Options
    Give Airman Brown a break ,Over the years he has done just great.If you knew what went behind transporting fans to away games you would run for the hills.Both for CASC AND THE football club Thank you for your service.
    I agree we're happy to have him with updates/info etc
  • Options
    Give him a break? I haven't seen anybody having a pop at him. Saying you don't like travelling by coach is not having a pop at those that do - or those that organise it.
  • Options
    Give him a break? I haven't seen anybody having a pop at him. Saying you don't like travelling by coach is not having a pop at those that do - or those that organise it.
    My thoughts entirely
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Huddersfield away 97/8 coach broke down, got there 1/2 hour before kick off. Southampton away Boxing Day 04ish coach broke down and managed to get a lift when a Charlton fan pulled up and offered to take people. WBA league cup midweek 02ish get there 20 minutes before kick off, Villa midweek three weeks later/earlier, miss the first 10 minutes. Halifax this season leave 10 minutes after departure time, then with two drivers for swap over have a 45 minute stop and get to the ground 25 minutes before the start. I have travelled a maximum 10 times with this lot, all as a last resort. Absolutely clueless
    My thoughts entirely
    Do you read your own posts, mate?

I had to laugh at the idea of even remembering when a coach arrived "1/2 hour before kick-off" 14 years ago, never mind using that as evidence the current set-up is "clueless" . . .
  • Options
    Huddersfield away 97/8 coach broke down, got there 1/2 hour before kick off. Southampton away Boxing Day 04ish coach broke down and managed to get a lift when a Charlton fan pulled up and offered to take people. WBA league cup midweek 02ish get there 20 minutes before kick off, Villa midweek three weeks later/earlier, miss the first 10 minutes. Halifax this season leave 10 minutes after departure time, then with two drivers for swap over have a 45 minute stop and get to the ground 25 minutes before the start. I have travelled a maximum 10 times with this lot, all as a last resort. Absolutely clueless
    My thoughts entirely
    Do you read your own posts, mate?

I had to laugh at the idea of even remembering when a coach arrived "1/2 hour before kick-off" 14 years ago, never mind using that as evidence the current set-up is "clueless" . . .
    Oh well, never mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huddersfield 857, Oldham 238
  • Options
    Hopefully over a 1000 for Hudders, if we don't win tonight we need all the support possible up there Saturday
  • Options
    There were quite a few pay on the day fans at Scunny
  • Options
    Am keep changing my mind weather to go to these!
  • Options
    anyone know last day post out for hudders?
  • Options
    Normally is the Wednesday before the game so tomorrow, but you can probably buy on the day
  • Options
    Pay on the day no problem
  • Options
    Huddersfield 931, Oldham 264, Carlisle 38

Huddersfield posted out until tonight, on sale until tomorrow PM. We've filled five coaches.
  • Options
    After last night hopefully as many as possible up at Hudders now we're almost at the final hurdle.
  • Options
    Should be over a 1000 at Huddersfield which is respectable if not impressive. Well done to those going-hopefully you'll be rewarded with at least a point. I'm moving house so that's my excuse this week...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got 3x Carlisle tickets today, can't wait the day we confirm promotion.
    Oldham will look like a buy on the door and head up on the coach game for me
  • Options
    Should be over a 1000 at Huddersfield which is respectable if not impressive. Well done to those going-hopefully you'll be rewarded with at least a point. I'm moving house so that's my excuse this week...
    I think it is disappointing if we can't manage nearer 2000. After all they brought over 1,000 to us for an evening game that was live on TV, and their home support is less than ours

Signed, Oohaah's Czech relative :-)
  • Options
    Huddersfield will be 1200 or so which is a joke really but I think we have done the away support argument to death.
  • Options
    carlisle is on grand national day. outrageously annoying! Going to need an extremely good excuse to get out of work.
  • Options
    I think it is disappointing if we can't manage nearer 2000. After all they brought over 1,000 to us for an evening game that was live on TV, and their home support is less than ours

Have you taken into consideration the free coach travel as well that they had for the game.
  • Options

Have you taken into consideration the free coach travel as well that they had for the game.
    Your not allowed to factor in things that sound positive towards us, its not what the forum is for, you should say, lets not get carried away, no one has actually gone to Huddersfield yet, we might only take 50, the lead could be cut to just six points and they still have a game in hand, goal difference counts for nothing as they will make it up as they hunt us down...do you get the idea and lets have no more of your reality based considerations please
  • Options
    Gonna miss Hudders but do Oldham now i think.
  • Options

Huddersfield had 493 at Colchester on Saturday.
  • Options
    huddersfield averaging 1,631 we're averaging 1,120 before last saturdays fixtures
  • Options

Huddersfield had 493 at Colchester on Saturday.
    When they compare what sides bring to us, I think people forget that we are the glamour boys in this division due to status, location, size of ground, top of table etc so it's always going to be one of the most popular trips for visiting fans.