Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming away game sales

Comments

• Options
    your right. i only said it was poor and everyone jumped to its defence! my deepest apologies
  • Options
    if the team won a few more away games our numbers would improve from poor(in relation to our good home numbers)
  • Options
    I can't understand why the ticket office put northrern games on restricted sale, as if we would every sell out are allocation for those sort of games. Makes me laugh
  • Options
    poor
  • Options
    if the team won a few more away games our numbers would improve from poor(in relation to our good home numbers)
    wit of form lowest
  • Options
    I will be getting Carlisle tickets after Easter if there's a chance to see us promoted.

Otherwise I don't really fancy the cost of a away day for a league one game.
    Im in the opposite position. I don't really fancy the cost of a home game! I've done 9 aways and will be at Oldham, Carlisle and Preston, but i do live in Sheffield so no excuses i guess.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if there was a team in the Football League who had such differing averages for home and away attendances. Might be wrong though...
  • Options
    I would be surprised if there was a team in the Football League who had such differing averages for home and away attendances. Might be wrong though...
    As I have mentioned previously, I work on percentage of home to away, roughly 5% of a home average. Bury bring 300 would mean us taking 1500 up there. So when the Covered End sing "is that all you take away?" they are a bit off the mark
  • Options
    Prince-e-Paul - how are you getting to Carlisle from Sheffield? Looks to me like well over 3 hours on the train via Manchester and pricey too.
  • Options
    As I have mentioned previously, I work on percentage of home to away, roughly 5% of a home average. Bury bring 300 would mean us taking 1500 up there. So when the Covered End sing "is that all you take away?" they are a bit off the mark
    Is that like a Duckworth Lewis style system?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that like a Duckworth Lewis style system?
    Not as complicated as the duckworth lewis, take your point though!
  • Options
    Is it more like that system people were banging on about on here a few months back where 2+2 = zebra?
  • Options
    I can't wait to go to Oldham, Carlisle and Preston , and salute our boys on having a magnificent season..... stand up for the champions.
  • Options
    Seriously, it's more sad that people keep spreadsheets about away support.
  • Options
    Prince-e-Paul - how are you getting to Carlisle from Sheffield? Looks to me like well over 3 hours on the train via Manchester and pricey too.
    I did it for the 3-1 two seasons ago, went via Leeds, took about 3h 30 plus the changeover
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The whole percentage of home attendances to aways is not always accurate ,as has been said many times, mainly because we over achieve at home through various promotions. This also applies to hartlepool who did a season ticket promotion and therefore their home to away ratio looks worse than it would have done.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I did it for the 3-1 two seasons ago, went via Leeds, took about 3h 30 plus the changeover
    Slightly cheaper & quicker via Manchester & Preston than Leeds.

£56 via Manchester & Preston, although strangely if you buy a return to Preston and second return from there to Carlisle it knocks £5 off (you travel via Preston in any event)

• Options
    I can't understand why the ticket office put northrern games on restricted sale, as if we would every sell out are allocation for those sort of games. Makes me laugh
    Because at the time the last three games went on sale any one could become a promotion game. If they did then sell out and some VIPs, season-ticket holders, etc, were unable to get a ticket they would complain they did not get priority. Admittedly, the priority expires before they could have known they wanted to go because of the circumstances, but there's not much I can do about that.

I can imagine us selling out Oldham or Preston in certain scenarios. Admittedly Carlisle would be a bit of a stretch. Huddersfield, on the other hand, wasn't on restricted sale because of the size of the allocation.
  • Options
    wouldn't preston give us 6k tickets if need be? Unless the club is putting on free travel we wouldn't take half of that regardless of the situation.
  • Options
    We've had no indication from Preston that they would give us extra tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seriously, it's more sad that people keep spreadsheets about away support.
    Who can he mean? :-0

• Options

I can imagine us selling out Oldham or Preston in certain scenarios. Admittedly Carlisle would be a bit of a stretch.
    I know I keeep banging on about it, but it really shouldn't be too much of a stretch for a one-off occasion. I realise there was travel subsidization on, but we managed to take about 6,500 to Middlesbrough for a mid-week cup game only 6 years ago!

• Options
    Really hope there are still Preston tickets when they go on general sale especially now im gonna have to miss the Oldham game with work.
  • Options
    I expect Preston will increase the allocation massively if there is a demand for it.
  • Options
    I expect Preston will increase the allocation massively if there is a demand for it.
    Keep an eye out on Twitter, one of their players will let us know :-)
  • Options
    Oldham 487, Carlisle 487, Preston 272.

Presumably not the same 487 . . .
  • Options
    The sales for Oldham are quite poor, but I would suspect a Bank Holiday weekend having something to do with it.
  • Options
    The sales for Oldham are quite poor, but I would suspect a Bank Holiday weekend having something to do with it.
    i see your point but on the other hand could that work for bigger numbers?

or maybe walsall at home on monday and more likely a promotion party at carlise have shrunk the numbers. but it looks pretty average numbers for the rest of the season when the prize is 3 points at these paces.
  • Options
    We've had no indication from Preston that they would give us extra tickets.
    A person on twitter was moaning about the allocation, and recieved a reply from PNE official, the message was that if we asked for more they would do their best to accomodate it.

• Options
    how much is the initial allocation?