Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Hartlepool were rocked when news emerged of a bid for star striker Josh Umerah from League One side Burton Albion….. 
  • Options
    Who the hell is Mansfield?
  • Options
    As we are mid table. Stockley, going, going and nearly gone, this would be a good time to give some game time to Daniel Kanu off the bench. He can play in a two with Leaburn (if still here on Feb 1st?) Or come on and play in a 3 up front similar to his great first touch and great cross for Miles goal. As CBT is a 60 minute player, a great opportunity to blood Kanu on a regular basis. 
    Other 18 year old strikers who didn't score as many goals in U18'S football as DK are getting their chance in Championship and League 1 football.

Leaburn, Bonne, Kanu, and the winger/forwards Rak Sakyi, CBT, Campbell and with one more number 10 type forward incoming (or not ?) then we can probably just about manage. 

Bolton with a strategy to fit Evatt's style of play have kicked on from last season. 
    If only we could do the same then the second half of this season will be the prelude to the next August window and a much improved side and results.

Is that possible under Thomas Sandgaard?
    The last 48 hours of this window may give a clue or just confirm the cost cutting exercise.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who the hell is Mansfield?
    DJ
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Glad to see nobody is worried Dobbo will be sold. A new deal announced would be better than any new signings atm. 
    George Dobson - Midfielder- Signed on a 2 year deal - Page 22 — Charlton Life

My thoughts exactly.  ;)
    He could sign 10 year deal don’t mean he won’t leave .. contracts not worth the paper they’re printed on . Agents don’t care about contracts most don’t care about their players to be honest they just see the pound signs .. 
    Get him on a decent contract and u get decent transfer fee, something we still haven't grasped as a club after many years...
  • Options
    Fleetwood getting a complete new strike force
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    mart77 said:
    Glad to see nobody is worried Dobbo will be sold. A new deal announced would be better than any new signings atm. 

My thoughts exactly.  ;)
    He could sign 10 year deal don’t mean he won’t leave .. contracts not worth the paper they’re printed on . Agents don’t care about contracts most don’t care about their players to be honest they just see the pound signs .. 
    Get him on a decent contract and u get decent transfer fee, something we still haven't grasped as a club after many years...
    We have decent contracts to DJ, Kirk, Lavelle, Aneke etc. All worth nothing now.
  • Options
    Happy to get kirk and stockley of the wage bill even if replaced with loans till the summer. That's when the squad needs a rebuild.
    Ad infinitum! 😕
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fleetwood getting a complete new strike force
    I’m sure his efforts will appreciate the sentiment.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/jayden-stockley-joins-fleetwood-town

Stockley confirmed 

DH " Looking for a different profile of striker" 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Looks like another summer rebuild in the offing if all we are bringing in are loans & getting rid of contracted players.

what could go wrong with that............. :D
    I get where you are coming from Golfie, but a few loans and players like Stockley moved on wouldn’t be a bad window.  We’re not in a position to know the future of the club long term, and IF that statement re: our new owners is true, then our transfer strategy kinda makes sense.  

The last 2 Jan windows have seen permanent signings of Mansfield, Schwartz, Fraser and Aneke.  You could argue Fraser has or will go onto have an impact, but the other 3 haven’t for one reason or another.

This, coupled with Kirk and Stockley signing for decent fees in the summer of 21, plus a number of other misfits and overall, poor players, very clearly highlights a failed recruitment policy.

How and why I don’t know.  I’m sure having MS involved is a big problem, but for me, why would anyone want us to be making long term signings now, given the history of the last 2 year and the uncertainty surrounding the club, unless they are proven s*** hot players, I don’t know.

The season is dead.  We have enough to stay up, and the pond we are fishing in for players won’t allow us to get the quality to mount an unlikely play off challenge.

I agree we need quality, but this isn’t the window.

it’s all about seeing where we go with this takeover and seeing the back of TS
    And the summer one is ???  Our recent history in the summer is nothing to write home about. Actually it is something to write home about as I seem to do it every August. This season is was no left back & very little upfront. And we've paid for those errors by being 15th at the end of January with no prospect of the play offs.

But just remind me again in August that I shouldn't panic & signings will happen. 

Gah  !!
  • Options
    Hearing we do in fact have another player lined up. It's alongside Kilkenny, not instead of. 

We now have:

Sessegnon
    Kane
    Penney
    Rak-Sakyi
    (Kilkenny)

So assume it's a permanent deal, and hopefully either a player with potential or already established. 
  • Options
    Even fucking Fleetwood have more dosh than us. Would've loved Marriott
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing we do in fact have another player lined up. It's alongside Kilkenny, not instead of. 

We now have:

Sessegnon
    Kane
    Penney
    Rak-Sakyi
    (Kilkenny)

So assume it's a permanent deal, and hopefully either a player with potential or already established. 
    It's really not going to be an issue having 6 players on loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/jayden-stockley-joins-fleetwood-town

Stockley confirmed 

DH " Looking for a different profile of striker" 
    All well and good provided that Holden is still the manager in August (given contract situation and ownership wrangling who knows). Otherwise there's every chance we are shopping for an old-fashioned target man on the next Deadline Day given how our squad planning has gone in the last few years!
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    If and when Stockley goes it is suicide to only have Leaburn and Bonne as senior striking options....
    And its laughable to be relying on Leaburn when this is his first season playing league football. He is still very raw. And Bonne has no real pedigree either. 
    Sandgaards recruitment is laughable and if he is still in charge don't be surprised if we don't add to those two, he did it before and remember he knows everything there is to know about football. 
  • Options
    Hoping that this sale of Stockley is not just for the balance sheet & proving working capital to aid the current miserable & potless Methven takeover attempt. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Stockley off the wage bill yes.  It's not fashionable to like Kirk but he has the second highest count of assists and played in the right position is very effective (not out wide).  He doesn't run around like Morgan or Payne - that's not his game, but he has a football brain, is technically quite good and can pick a good pass.  If he goes then he goes but I think keeping him would be a good option too.  Gets flak jacket and tin helmet reday.
    CafcWest said:
    Stockley off the wage bill yes.  It's not fashionable to like Kirk but he has the second highest count of assists and played in the right position is very effective (not out wide).  He doesn't run around like Morgan or Payne - that's not his game, but he has a football brain, is technically quite good and can pick a good pass.  If he goes then he goes but I think keeping him would be a good option too.  Gets flak jacket and tin helmet reday.
    A very good description of Payne and Morgan..........they simply just run around. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    mart77 said:

My thoughts exactly.  ;)
    We have decent contracts to DJ, Kirk, Lavelle, Aneke etc. All worth nothing now.
    We gave poor players decent contracts and lose the better ones on the cheap!
  • Options
    ‘Substantial undisclosed fee’ for Stockley