Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

1168169170171172174»

Comments

• Options
    Kane can also "play" Left-Back if we needed him to...
  • Options
    I’ve just read 8 pages of this before realising I hadn’t clicked on the takeover thread
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Believe Alfie May’s signed for Wrexham.
    Wow, that sounds like a pretty shrewd signing.
    Trebled wages sounds pretty shrewd from May too.
    I can understand May leaving Cheltenham for a richer club, but surely there would be "big" L1 clubs interested in him if he waited? A Wednesday or a Derby if they don't go up for example.
  • Options
    A shame Kane has been injured throughout his loan spell
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I would agree that if we were interested in signing him then we would want to see him play. Would take Waghorn though. Good ability to stretch defences.
    33 years old, 8 goals in 86 games over the last 4 seasons. Sign him up.
  • Options
    But he's an ex player and we like them.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Believe Alfie May’s signed for Wrexham.
    Wow, that sounds like a pretty shrewd signing.
    Trebled wages sounds pretty shrewd from May too.
    I can understand May leaving Cheltenham for a richer club, but surely there would be "big" L1 clubs interested in him if he waited? A Wednesday or a Derby if they don't go up for example.
    He could potentially get a year at a club like that but I doubt the wages would be in a different ball park.  Once you get to a certain age you must know that your never going to play in the Premier League, or for your county (especially if your English), or even "big school" in the championship.  

If the money is roughly the same I think playing at the "highest level you can" takes a back seat behind many other things.