Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Nope, he got caught out by his own lack of understanding of the field he wanted to be in.
  • Options
    AMB, Dobson, Leaburn, Fraser, Ness, CBT, Egbo(when fit) are not crap players and are still here.
    Obviously they are the assets and things are happening behind the scenes. 
    In Swisdom we trust 🤞

Rak Saki and Sessegnon are good loans despite Sess having ongoing issues with playing games in a row.

Inniss, Morgan, Clare can go from the sublime to the ridiculous during games. 
    Mistakes cost goals as we know with Big Ryan.

Difficult to know the incoming players and if they will fit in and benefit the team.

Kanu and Deji last season was on the radar according to scouts and coaches i talked to at the Den last season in an under 21 match when with my son who was checking up on 3 ex players from the Academy he works for and one lad who was A trialist; Millwall v Sheff Wednesday on the Day JJ left !

Ness has got ahead of Deji so he hasn't quite kicked on over the last year but he is still only 19 plus Kanu at 18 is still making the transition from youth to Men's football But he will make it. The cameo assist for Miles shows what he can do.

The Crying Shame is with even an average owner (deep pockets helps) we could be in Contention in the mediocre Third tier, if we can emulate the Powell, Dyer and Chapple approach. The X factor wildcard like Yann will be hard to find this time.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    The side isn't better than it was. The subs and reserves are now. But not good enough to beat the team in 6.

Mid table is where we will remain
    Yes it is.
    Better players and better balanced.

The manager prefers what he has now and a view that subs and reserves don’t count belongs in the 60’s.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    The side isn't better than it was. The subs and reserves are now. But not good enough to beat the team in 6th.

The subs and reserves are part of the side, so your comment does not really make sense.

If you mean our strongest XI isn't better than it was, then I would also disagree on that as well. Having a natural left back now allows Sessegnon, who is our best player behind JRS, to play in his natural position. 

If Kilkenny turns out to be good, and I'm not sold, but my suspicion is he will be straight into the starting XI, then that will also make us stronger.

Our starting CB pair is where you could certainly argue we have got weaker, but O'Connell was not in the starting XI since his return so hard to really judge.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Redrobo said:
    supaclive said:
    The side isn't better than it was. The subs and reserves are now. But not good enough to beat the team in 6.

Yes it is.
    Better players and better balanced.

The manager prefers what he has now and a view that subs and reserves don’t count belongs in the 60’s.
    Indeed and something that we will continue into next season if Holden is allowed to. 

15/16 senior pros. A few loans and a few youngsters from the academy 
  • Options
    AMB, Dobson, Leaburn, Fraser, Ness, CBT, Egbo(when fit) are not crap players and are still here.
    Obviously they are the assets and things are happening behind the scenes. 
    In Swisdom we trust 🤞

Rak Saki and Sessegnon are good loans despite Sess having ongoing issues with playing games in a row.

Inniss, Morgan, Clare can go from the sublime to the ridiculous during games. 
    Mistakes cost goals as we know with Big Ryan.

Difficult to know the incoming players and if they will fit in and benefit the team.

Kanu and Deji last season was on the radar according to scouts and coaches i talked to at the Den last season in an under 21 match when with my son who was checking up on 3 ex players from the Academy he works for and one lad who was A trialist; Millwall v Sheff Wednesday on the Day JJ left !

Ness has got ahead of Deji so he hasn't quite kicked on over the last year but he is still only 19 plus Kanu at 18 is still making the transition from youth to Men's football But he will make it. The cameo assist for Miles shows what he can do.

The Crying Shame is with even an average owner (deep pockets helps) we could be in Contention in the mediocre Third tier, if we can emulate the Powell, Dyer and Chapple approach. The X factor wildcard like Yann will be hard to find this time.
    I keep seeing the names above mentioned as if they are nucleus of a world beating team, are they?

AMB: Good keeper and will do a job for us
    Dobson: Good skipper, runs his heart out and gives 100%
    Leaburn: Still learning his trade and developing, is he a striker that can fire us to promotion, I don't think so, not yet anyway. 
    Fraser: Most on here wanted shot of him before Christmas however a couple of goals seem to have turned the tide, will it last?
    Ness: Another young kid learning his trade, can get caught out but on the hole looks solid.
    CBT: Goes missing too much for my liking, 1 game in 3 he looks a threat, is that enough for a promotion team?
    Egbo: Looks good when fit but there lies the problem. 

My personal opinion is if the above players are going to form the spine of a team challenging for promotion once the new owners come in I am going to resign myself for a few more seasons in League One. 
  • Options
    Bolton taught us a footballing lesson
    They were better all over the park
    Our current players would struggle to get in their team.
    We need to be a little more realistic in what is needed to challenge for promotion.

I don't see an Aribo, Taylor, Grant, Cullen, Bielek, Bauer there apart from maybe Leaburn....in another full season and Rak Saki but the rest are good honest pros doing their best but ultimately not hood enough to get us promoted.

• Options
    supaclive said:
    The side isn't better than it was. The subs and reserves are now. But not good enough to beat the team in 6th.

The subs and reserves are part of the side, so your comment does not really make sense.

If you mean our strongest XI isn't better than it was, then I would also disagree on that as well. Having a natural left back now allows Sessegnon, who is our best player behind JRS, to play in his natural position. 

If Kilkenny turns out to be good, and I'm not sold, but my suspicion is he will be straight into the starting XI, then that will also make us stronger.

Our starting CB pair is where you could certainly argue we have got weaker, but O'Connell was not in the starting XI since his return so hard to really judge.
    Shame we couldn’t have tried O’Connell with Ness. I suspect that the former would still be here if we had. 
    But I don’t think Inniss/Ness have been a bad combo. Even looked good at Old Trafford. 
    I need to watch the Bolton highlights to see the Inniss misdirected header again. From CEU it was hard to see quite what happened. The winger should never have been allowed to get the cross in though. It was Scott Fraser who missed the first chance to ‘tackle’ him (take him out) when sort of flicking out at his ankles on the touchline. It was all a bit of a blur after that. 
    Bolton were a level above us though, either way, and still are, after the transfer window, unless Kilkenny & Hector turn out to be mustard. 
    Would be good to get an update on Egbo’s injury. I rate him as almost up there with Sess. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    supaclive said:
    We need to be a little more realistic in what is needed to challenge for promotion.

I don't see an Aribo, Taylor, Grant, Cullen, Bielek, Bauer there apart from maybe Leaburn....in another full season and Rak Saki but the rest are good honest pros doing their best but ultimately not hood enough to get us promoted.
    Despite playing us off the park, they only beat us thanks to a very dubious decision from the referee, and assistance from our player - Can spin the performance however we like... "On another day they could have scored five" etc.

But they didn't

P.S. Your keyboard needs some servicing, looks like your ENTER key got stuck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:

Despite playing us off the park, they only beat us thanks to a very dubious decision from the referee, and assistance from our player - Can spin the performance however we like... "On another day they could have scored five" etc.

But they didn't

They won the game which was more than Barnsley and Derby did when all 3 sides were much better than us 
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Is it not a good thing that we shipped the players we did in January then?

The Winter Transfer Window isn't a month to sign "stars" its the time of the year where teams ship out the players that they dont want... Apart from Fraser (who even raises mixed opinion) when was the last time we signed a quality player in January? - Wright-Phillips?

So if mid-table is where we'll remain this season, why not get rid of the deadwood where possible now.

I mean plenty act on here like Nostradamus when they say that we'll need another squad rebuild in the summer - Yeaa thats pretty obvious given that we're once again going to finish mid-table, have just got rid of eight players (albeit three (?) will come back), and no permanents to replace them

So at least we'll go into the summer, partly knowing where we need to strengthen straight away (If we can), without having to worry about thinking... "Oh shit, we need to move on X player before we can think about their replacement"
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    supaclive said:

But they didn't

They won the game which was more than Barnsley and Derby did when all 3 sides were much better than us 
    They forgot to activate the Inniss Cheat Code
  • Options
    Bolton most certainly strengthened in Jan
    Plymouth too

• Options
    edited February 2023
    supaclive said:
    Bolton most certainly strengthened in Jan
    Plymouth too

Have they? - Its only been a month, how do you know those signings are going to be successful?

Would you seriously not be underwhelmed at the names (their history etc.) of who Plymouth have signed? - Maybe Saxon Earley as know he was on a few wishlists right before he joined Plymouth, and Callum Wright who did well for Cheltenham last season... But Ben Waine has come from the A-League, whilst Tyreik Wright has come from a loan @ League Two
  • Options
    Yes time will tell who out of Plymouth, Bolton and Charlton had the best January window.....
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Yes time will tell who out of Plymouth, Bolton and Charlton had the best January window.....
    Thanks Nostradamus - However there is a difference between thinking that Plymouth and Bolton stand a chance of promotion, and the business they've done this January - If Cameron Jerome and Victor Adeboyejo barely score a goal between them, is that a good January Window?
  • Options
    Them or Bonne?

• Options
    Again people happy to accept mid table rubbish and a complete rebuild.

Faith in the unknown

We can prey. Doesn't mean I want to accept it.   Which seems to baffle some.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    supaclive said:
    Them or Bonne?

I DONT KNOW... IF Bonne SCORES more then YES!!! - My argument is you dont have a clue either - Hindsight will probably back you up, but stop thinking you're someone who can see the goddamn future
  • Options
    supaclive said:

We must've caught them on a very very good day. They'd be miles clear at the top if they played like that every week
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Oh come on now @ForeverAddickted

If he does of course. But he won't This is ridiculous. We can just check in May because you think Bonne and losing Stockley is better than Bolton adding two known forwards one with experience and one who has scored more goals than any of our forwards this year.

Let alone the already equipped forwards they started with whilst we um have Aneke..... injured

• Options
    edited February 2023
    supaclive said:
    Oh come on now @ForeverAddickted

If he does of course. But he won't This is ridiculous. We can just check in May because you think Bonne and losing Stockley is better than Bolton adding two known forwards one with experience and one who has scored more goals than any of our forwards this year.

Are you just stupid or plain ignorant now? - I'm not saying Bonne is better than the players Bolton have signed, please PLEASE point out where I say he's better than the Strikers Bolton have signed... I'm saying you dont know, I dont know what will pan out between now and the end of the season... So stop pretending like you do
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Ffs
    Sigh

I've formed an opinion based on their career histories and current goal scoring records. 

Nobody knows but I'm backing the Bolton set up in their judgement of signing those 2 and not free agent Bonne.

That any better for you?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    supaclive said:
    Ffs
    Sigh

I've formed an opinion based on their career histories and current goal scoring records. 

Nobody knows but I'm backing the Bolton set up in their judgement of signing those 2 and not free agent Bonne.

That any better for you?
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!! - Now why the fuck was that so difficult?
  • Options
    So you agree?
    Or do you think Bonne was the better option?
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    So you agree?
    Or do you think Bonne was the better option?
    I agree with you that nobody knows... Fair enough you want to back the Bolton guys, but I'm not backing anyone.

But my issue was your remark when you said that Bolton have had a better Transfer Window, now I'm glad that you've admitted that you agree with me... Nobody knows if they truly have or not
  • Options
    Yes or no
    Was Bonne based on all the information to hand a better option than EITHER Bolton sigming?

You're avoiding answering.

Football clubs have to form opinions on scouting, pedigree and records. 

I believe Bolton are currently better equipped than us to do so.

I don't agree with you at all. For the record.