Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Hector keeps himself fit but not fit enough for the match day squad 
    He might as well stay back getting more training in instead of sitting on a bench 

You are correct with that comment. Hector will be on a fitness program to shake off the tons of dust.

Kilkenney despite playing very few games appears to be a natural athlete who would do well on the bleep tests. Just needs games to get Match fit and reach his optimum performances. Good debut overall and proved he is a fit lad.

Big CB are so different. Most would rather do Gym work than too much running. Even the fans favourite German, Patrick Bauer our Wembley hero could look sluggish after coming back from yet another injury set back. Same problems at Preston where BFG misses more games than he plays.

Michael Hector was at Sheffield Wednesday having a trial and it looks like they will be in the Championship next season. Ok he didn't get to their required level but we are mid table and treading water until the take over.

I go back to my first thoughts on Michael Hector: A total disaster or a cult hero.
    Two weeks of bespoke training at the training ground may give him more chance of being the latter.

Depends on who was keeping him out or who he could replace at Wednesday. When we had Bauer, Pearce and Sarr, it would have hard for anyone to come in and grab a start and stay there. 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Ness is actually better than o Connell tbh and personally I like Inniss and hope we give him a new contract.
    Inniss plays 10 games 7 he very good two he does ok and 1 he makes a mistake ….. which ones do the fans notice ??
    Make you right Ronnie.
  • Options
    Who do the U21's play on Tuesday?
    The next fixture listed on the OS has Colchester away on Valentines day.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Does anyone know why @DubaiCAFC mentioned things were looking positive?

Not been a bad window, address our major area of concern. Upped the quality in the squad, and have got rid of the big time charlies on big wages! 

It would have been nice to have got 1 or 2 more.. but not bad
  • Options
    Somebody said Hector had dodgy hamstrings, more bull5shit! Seen no evidence of this.
  • Options
    One of the biggest positive I can think is that it look likes Sheffield/Derby and Ipswich could be going up this season. If (and big if) we can get our house in order before the summer then losing the clubs with the biggest wage bills would be a bonus. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Somebody said Hector had dodgy hamstrings, more bull5shit! Seen no evidence of this.
    That someone was me when I referenced him having Aneke's hamstrings. Considering the remark got 9 lols I thought the joke was quite clear.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    It’s funny how a narrative develops about a new signing. Someone not playing much for a couple of years because they’ve been on the bench in the Premier League is very different from someone hardly playing because they’re injury prone. The irony is that Hector has ‘never had a serious injury’. 
    Looking forward to seeing his progress. Perhaps he’ll click at Charlton. 
  • Options
    One of the biggest positive I can think is that it look likes Sheffield/Derby and Ipswich could be going up this season. If (and big if) we can get our house in order before the summer then losing the clubs with the biggest wage bills would be a bonus. 
    Only one of those are in the automatic places though. I think ipswich will bottle it (it's in their dna) and the playoffs are a lottery. There is as also a strong possibility that derby and ipswich will both be in this league next season. I think sheff w will win the league and Plymouth will finish second.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Gallen may be good, he may not be. We don't know! You will only know if you have day to day dealings with him. Starting to really p1ss me off on here, people making statements as though it's a fact. When they don't really have a clue!
    I wouldn't take it personally, people can judge Gallen all they like based on the signings we made under his tenure. Far, far more misses than hits but as we all know, he's no longer in the scouting hot-seat and hasn't been for a year or so - if he's a good negotiator then happy for him to stay on in that capacity personally, as it seems Andy Scott will be the primary target identifier under the potential new regime.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Redhenry said:
    That someone was me when I referenced him having Aneke's hamstrings. Considering the remark got 9 lols I thought the joke was quite clear.

Another crap joke then, plenty of them as well!  
    There has been plenty, implying he is injury prone, which doesn't seem to be the case...

• Options
    Watching the EFL highlights this weekend, I saw horrendous errors by decent defenders and keepers in all 3 divisions which cost goals. Players do make mistakes.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

There has been plenty, implying he is injury prone, which doesn't seem to be the case...

If you pay attention to any of my posts you would see that myself and @Cafc43v3r actually spent some time dispelling the discourse that Hector was injury prone.

My comment comparing him to Aneke was completely satirical in nature in response to this discourse, and it is clear that on the whole most people seemed to have got this.

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

If you pay attention to any of my posts you would see that myself and @Cafc43v3r actually spent some time dispelling the discourse that Hector was injury prone.

My comment comparing him to Aneke was completely satirical in nature in response to this discourse, and it is clear that on the whole most people seemed to have got this.

Well done!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Well done!
    Don't remember quoting u anyway!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    A few days ago I made the point that if Hector was played before he was ready, then you bet he'd do a hamstrung.
    Like Kane did.

Doesn't mean these players have dodgy hamstrings - just they haven't played for a while and not match fit.
    It's a risk for any player to play them before they are at full fitness.

• Options
    Away from us, Chris Martin who was a free agent has signed for QPR until the end of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away from us, Chris Martin who was a free agent has signed for QPR until the end of the season
    I did wonder about him or Wickham.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Wickham was a weird one done really well this season and maybe thought he could do better and it has backfired
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Wickham was a weird one done really well this season and maybe thought he could do better and it has backfired
    Unattached so can still sign for someone.  I reckon he shit himself that  Ferguson was taking over and bolted
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Been without a club since before Christmas, so it'll take him a few weeks to get match fit again.
  • Options
    killerandflash said:
    CharltontillidieCOYR said:
    Richard J said:
    killerandflash said:
    Been without a club since before Christmas, so it'll take him a few weeks to get match fit again.

Perfect for us!

• Options
    That's strange he would sign for them knowing he has to go on tour with Coldplay soon.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Surely not. He's 29 and been playing all season so he must have a reasonable level of fitness. Admittedly he hasn't played since 10 December but you'd think he'd be up to speed pretty quickly.

Admittedly a different level of player but Mudryk didn't play for 2 months before Chelsea signed him. and he was running rings around Liverpool within 5 minutes of coming on as a sub last week.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
  • Options
    Isn't O'Connell cuptied?