Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    I just said he's in his rights to. But he's also the one who has squandered millions on shit signings, analysed by his son and sacking managers!

Which is why we want him out before there's nothing left to sell.

We KNOW he's lost millions. We've done this hundreds of times ffs!
    Are you ok?

• Options
    supaclive said:

1) The sentence "As he's entitled to" I thought gave it away. 

But instead of re investing the transfer fees into improving a squad he's micro managed to shit levels he HAS pocketed the money!

Despite being entitled to. It won't actually help his potential return on his terrible investment if this takeover doesn't go through.

If he's so good we should have a whip round. Help him out. On the basis he keeps losing money on CAFC.......

If your very short on your house hold budget and get a £1000 gas bill and at the same time Grandpa Superclive bungs you £500 for Xmas, is paying half the gas bill pocketing the money?

• Options
    I hear you all. He is within his right to use windfalls and transfer fees to recoup his significant investment but if he continues to do that there is only one way this club is going.

His total mismanagement of the club is on him though. The losses are exaggerated by his actions are they not. 

You all would like a new owner with the ambition and resources to try and get us out of this shit league?

Nobody can make money on Charlton in this division. 

I can't see why you're all going mental about my statement.  

We need him out and replaced by somebody better and soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    I hear you all. He is within his right to use windfalls and transfer fees to recoup his significant investment but if he continues to do that there is only one way this club is going.

His total mismanagement of the club is on him though. The losses are exaggerated by his actions are they not. 

You all would like a new owner with the ambition and resources to try and get us out of this shit league?

Few would disagree with this statement. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:

You can't be seriously asking that?
    We didn't spend a penny on transfer fees
    And cut the squad by 5 or 6 players net
    And the £600k pocketed on Stockley and O'Connell plus the Man U gate receipts will be pocketed by Sandgaard. 

Albeit he is within his right to.

But definitely there is no money available to be spent by our current owner. 

He (allegedly) hasn't even paid the rent......
    Cut the squad by 3 …..  5 in 8 out 
  • Options
    supaclive said:

And the £600k pocketed on Stockley and O'Connell plus the Man U gate receipts will be pocketed by Sandgaard. 

Why would anyone buy players when selling?
    You can only pocket a profit not a loss
    If he was going to make money in the window why did he not sell Leaburn, CBT, Dobbo or Ness?
    We have heard that our manager wanted a smaller squad - or are they all lying? If so, why?
    How do you know he does not have any money to spend - he is rich. He may not choose to spend it but that is different.

Why make a statement making it sound like you know something as fact when it is just your take on things?
  • Options
    As I've said if you sell Leaburn for say £2m you can't claim to potential buyers that his actual balance sheet and cash value to CAFC is £5m.....

Which is why CAFC is worth £7m + for 80% (or is ot 90%)

Leaburn, Ness and Dobson's highest value is in the sales and marketing information - not what their real transfer fee is. Pretty sure of that having looked at many information memorandums in my time.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    As I've said if you sell Leaburn for say £2m you can't claim to potential buyers that his actual balance sheet and cash value to CAFC is £5m.....

Which is why CAFC is worth £7m + for 80% (or is ot 90%)

Leaburn, Ness and Dobson's highest value is in the sales and marketing information - not what their real transfer fee is. Pretty sure of that having looked at many information memorandums in my time.
    So would you say that over the window he has made the Club more attractive to a buyer?
    Have you considered that maybe that has been his intention all along?
    Let’s see how he goes with signing up the three youngsters that were mentioned. I bet he gets at least two to sign. That should be a plus on the spreadsheet as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    supaclive said:

To be fair, I don't see anyone at all 'going mental' about your statement. Just pointing out that your accusation of 'Pocketing'
    seems way off the mark, under the circumstances.

Obviously the wish to replace him with somebody better equipped to run our football club is a given.
  • Options
    Major said:
    supaclive said:

To be fair, I don't see anyone at all 'going mental' about your statement. Just pointing out that your accusation of 'Pocketing'
    seems way off the mark, under the circumstances.

Obviously the wish to replace him with somebody better equipped to run our football club is a given.
    Precisely that.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

If TS is pocketing money then he's not very good at it. 
    How much has he lent Charlton so far?
    £10 million+ isn't it?
    He may be a clown, but that's not the same. 

Agreed. It's why I cringe every time someone calls him skintgaard.
    The term skintgaard is a tongue in cheek way of emphasising he is not wealthy enough to fund the yearly losses Charlton  Athletic runs up.
    The question that raises is why did he ever think he had that kind of wealth.
    He must have known it would take 6 to 8 million pounds a year from his own pocket to runthe club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    statements in here that ts will pocket the transfer fees received. How likely is it that these fees will be in instalments? If so, how much will ts 'pocket'
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    supaclive said:

£10 million+ isn't it?

The term skintgaard is a tongue in cheek way of emphasising he is not wealthy enough to fund the yearly losses Charlton  Athletic runs up.
    He must have known it would take 6 to 8 million pounds a year from his own pocket to runthe club.
    Why indeed. But I think we have to take into account the collapse of the Zynex share price, which reduced his estimated wealth drastically (was it 60%?} about 18 months ago. I think he went into panic mode at that time. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Hard not to like Holden after that interview.  Not sure he's telling the absolute truth about the January window, but i really hope he & Andy Scott are still here for the summer rebuild. 
  • Options
    Club is full of liars and chancers, I just hope one day we get an owner that runs the club properly and doesn't see us as a way to make a quick couple of quid or for some vanity project. 

How has anyone deemed that window anything but negative. I keep seeing 'we got all the dead wood out' we haven't! They'll be straight back next year and we are back where we are now.. had we got them off the wages and recruited improvements and went for a promotion push, then fair enough, but no, we have loaned out a ton of players we paid fees for and haven't replaced them adequately. 

McG was good business, so was Stockley. EoC, shocking. Hands down our best centre back and sold for a measly 350k. The only senior centre back who looked like he could improve. Selling him to Wrexham is genuinely embarrassing and should be raising alarms, our vice captain has willingly dropped to non league instead of staying with us. Jesus Christ.

Abysmal being a Charlton fan atm, yes men everywhere just getting an easy salary from us, a load of crap players. One of the worst run clubs in league 1, have to be 

Steve Gallen is one of the biggest frauds going, terrible track record for signings 
    Any window that has made us a better side is a good one. This looks like it has been.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    supaclive said:

£10 million+ isn't it?

Because he was convinced he'd come in, get us promoted in a year or so and then get more investment or sell on.

He was very wrong of course but I don't think he was planning on spending so long in L1.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    msomerton said:
    supaclive said:

£10 million+ isn't it?

Because he was convinced he'd come in, get us promoted in a year or so and then get more investment or sell on.

He was very wrong of course but I don't think he was planning on spending so long in L1.
    This, I also think he thought he could “do a Brentford” and sell players for big profits which would then fund the club in the longer term.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    msomerton said:
    supaclive said:

£10 million+ isn't it?

This, I also think he thought he could “do a Brentford” and sell players for big profits which would then fund the club in the longer term.
    I wonder if he got caught out by the changes in the work permit situation?

Seemed to put a lot of faith in data driven recruitment, which is much less useful when your shopping in such a small pool.  
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The side isn't better than it was. The subs and reserves are now. But not good enough to beat the team in 6th.

Mid table is where we will remain