Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• edited February 2023
    Didn’t one of our players join Ross County fairly recently?
  • Wasn’t one of our players joined Ross County fairly recently?
    Purrington 
  • Wasn’t one of our players joined Ross County fairly recently?
    Wasn’t AMB on loan there last season?
  • DA9 said:
    Wasn’t one of our players joined Ross County fairly recently?
    Wasn’t AMB on loan there last season?
    Yes
  • edited February 2023
    I'm confused.

I thought our transfer policy on all incomings in recent years has been that players must fail their medical.
  • mentions that we've offered new contracts to x3 young players
  • See local Sidcup lad (and family friend) Lewis Bate has received 2 player of the month awards on the bounce for Oxford. I know Oxford aren't having a great season but just shows how poor our recruitment has been to miss out on him and end up on loan to Oxford instead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023
    Scott always seems to come over well in an interview, and clearly looking to get a perm contract, as currently on a rolling deal, seems relatively happy with how Jan went, we were clearly overstocked with non effective players which has now been trimmed, so let's see how the second half of the season goes in preparation for next season, good to hear 3 youngsters offered contracts, nice to hear, would be good to know who they are..
  • Stewart said:
    mentions that we've offered new contracts to x3 young players
    Albie Morgan, Kevin Lisbie and can’t think of the 3rd player. 
    Steve Brown 
  • Stewart said:
    mentions that we've offered new contracts to x3 young players
    Albie Morgan, Kevin Lisbie and can’t think of the 3rd player. 
    Welcome back Ben Watson!
  • What I don’t understand is how comes he still here contract was up on the 31st Got it from Peter Varney on the way up to Manchester. He was definitely going on the 31st last day. more lies and bullshit I suppose.
  • cazo said:
    What I don’t understand is how comes he still here contract was up on the 31st Got it from Peter Varney on the way up to Manchester. He was definitely going on the 31st last day. more lies and bullshit I suppose.
    I think it been clear for some time that nothing Sandgaard says can be trusted
  • mogodon said:
    cazo said:
    What I don’t understand is how comes he still here contract was up on the 31st Got it from Peter Varney on the way up to Manchester. He was definitely going on the 31st last day. more lies and bullshit I suppose.
    I think it been clear for some time that nothing Sandgaard says can be trusted
    I got it from PV also. He was definitely brought in to get rid of deadwood, to which I agree
  • Interesting, he has moved onto a rolling deal but hopes to sort out a new deal in the next week. 

You know what i'm going to say...

The next week could be crucial... 

PS i don't have the it's happening GIF. 
  • He is talking about the Charlton future, does not sound like he is leaving 
  • cazo said:
    His short term contract expired on the 31st, that doesnt mean he is definitely going. He clearly explained that if all parties agree it moves to a rolling contract.

I appreciate that everything Charlton is turgid at the moment but I can't see a lie in that statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023
    When you don't make Chelsea's 18 man squad you pick up 200k ish and  more to soften the blow of having to watch your team mates for 90+ minutes while signing autographs and having selfies taken. 
    Hard life. Same at most of the top 8 clubs in Premier.

At Charlton we couldn't afford the luxury of having senior players not involved. 

In the real world of League 1 football and at Charlton, Andy Scott was brought in with a double remit I believe:

1. To trim the squad as there were too many so Henry, Mitchell, Kanu etc can make the bench. Maybe not all at the same time.
     Andy Scott has just said what I thought at 11pm on the 31jan.
    Plus helps Thomas Sandgaard monthly bill be lower.

2.To just bring in a few players:
    LB Penney, CB Hector,  Midfield Kilkenny,
    The others didn't quite happen.

Edwards, wide forward and Luke Plange, possibly with the Palace lad they wanted him to move away from home unlike Rak Sakyi.  Gwion Edwards wanted to go home to Wales but his Dale Stephens Satnav took him to Scotland !

Kane injury was unfortunate on his debut after starting well.

The players brought in January for Cafc were always going to be problematic and questions marks about them as we are mid table.

Heard Andy Scott's video and he has a difficult job pleasing Sandgaard, Holden and the fans/critics.
  • Given Wigan were supposedly in for CBT, sounds plausible that they tried to use Edwards in a deal for him, hence why it didn't go through. 
  • The obvious 3 youngsters would be AMB, Ness and Dobson given at end of season they will all only have their 1 yr options left so we would likely sell at that point if they don't renew.

That said a number of the U21s only signed up one year contracts last summer so it could be them (would be very cheap-likes of Ladapo/Toure etc).

It could also be Casey/Kone in U18s who are old enough to sign and should be locked down asap as they will be in demand.
  • Not that I expected him to be able to, but that interview doesn't do anything to answer the many questions surrounding his appointment and the transfer window. What he's saying about the strategy sounds like nonsense to me
  • The transfer window for the National League does not end until the middle of March, so there’s nothing stopping Wrexham or someone else coming in for any players from the EFL
  • The obvious 3 youngsters would be AMB, Ness and Dobson given at end of season they will all only have their 1 yr options left so we would likely sell at that point if they don't renew.

That said a number of the U21s only signed up one year contracts last summer so it could be them (would be very cheap-likes of Ladapo/Toure etc).

It could also be Casey/Kone in U18s who are old enough to sign and should be locked down asap as they will be in demand.
    Henry is out of contact in the summer, I'm sure we'd offer him a new contract 
  • shirty5 said:
    The transfer window for the National League does not end until the middle of March, so there’s nothing stopping Wrexham or someone else coming in for any players from the EFL
    Yaki dah!!..🤷‍♂️
  • ross1 said:
    He is talking about the Charlton future, does not sound like he is leaving 
    Damn, does that mean Martin Sandgaard has dropped down the pecking order? 

Aaron Henry maybe, his deal runs out in the summer.