Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• I have been waiting for this since the last one ended. Not expecting many in unless we get sold. But here for the ride anyways... let the manic refreshing commence.
  • edited December 2022
    We need to assess what position we need and who realistically will want to come in. I will look at left footed defenders.

Tayo Edun Blackburn and Tolaji Bola Rotherham are a couple of left backs originally from London who might become available for a loan and have barely featured for their parent clubs.

A couple of Newcastle youngsters. Matthew Bondswell. A left back who had an unsuccessful spell at Shrewsbury last season or Kell Watts a left footed central defender currently on loan at Peterborough until January.
  • Richard J said:
    A couple of Newcastle youngsters. Matthew Bondswell. A left back who had an unsuccessful spell at Shrewsbury last season or Kell Watts a left footed central defender currently on loan at Peterborough until January.
    Its a shame that Elliot Anderson has broken through @ Newcastle really quickly.

Did an excellent job at Bristol Rovers on loan last season, and saw him on a few wishlists on here over the summer - He's already been involved in nine game for Newcastle this season (impressive to go from League Two > Premier League effectively) so bet they wont want to loan him out even this January).

Tom Cannon was another Premier League loan name who got mentioned loads in the summer... Striker for Everton, has scored five goals in five goals in the EFL Trophy this season for their U21s, whilst has six goals in ten games in the Premier League 2
  • Wouldn't have minded Evan Ferguson from Brighton but looks like he's being kept around as cover for them up top behind Welbeck and Undav
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't have minded Evan Ferguson from Brighton but looks like he's being kept around as cover for them up top behind Welbeck and Undav
    Hopefully there will be a bit of movement in the Premier League this January which will free up the kids we've mentioned - We've got the strange case of the World Cup happening mid-season this year, so could easily see some players being targeted now, rather than waiting until the summer.

Bet there will be a few Moroccan players going on to better things for example.
  • I know there’s a lot of doom and gloom around at the moment. But I genuinely believe if we add a good centre back, left back and Striker to this squad then it will be good enough for top 6. The problem will be actually getting those 3 good players and also looking at our next 4 games we will probably be too far away to make a challenge unless Hayes can work a couple of miracle results 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Nixon reporting Palace are considering recalling Rak-Sakyi and sending him to a championship club 
    Just about getting bye in league one so good luck with that 
  • well this thread will be a depressing read, as if things weren't bad enough already
  • If this takeover doesn't go through and money spent, we will drop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Aaaaand Rich Cawley with the Merry Christmas

It's the end of the world as we know it
    CBT and Kirk on the wings
    Stockley up front
    Morgan
    Gilbey
    JFC in midfield as Dobson, Fraser and Clare are sold in the January window.....
  • Aaaaand Rich Cawley with the Merry Christmas

The Cawley givith with one hand and taketh away with the other.
  • more important things to worry about than whether we keep hold of a hot and cold palace loanee
  • I wouldn't really miss JRS as long as we can actually replace him. He started well but he's obviously been a victim of the malaise around the whole squad and I don't think he has the fortitude to keep performing well in a crap team like Gallagher or Cullen did. Probably best for all parties if he goes back with minimal scarring and we get in a replacement. How effective that will be will depend on who owns us and what they're willing to do with their money.
  • Yep re JRS he is very talented kid but currently in our team we need more players like dobbo because the so called JRS going missing for too long periods or don’t have the talent around them to give them the ball. Even though bar a few games he hasn’t really stood out I have no doubt if he goes millwall or another championship club his stats will actually be better than they are with us.
    i just hope we get a decent CB, LB and a striker.
    we could do with a lot more but they are essential. Though no doubt be out of contract and loans. If all the rumours are true why would you put 400-500k in to make some decent signings unless your going to sell Leaburn for 2m of course then spend a quarter of that on new players. Not hopeful. 
  • edited December 2022
    Swisdom said:
    I know of one player we have been in touch with an its currently with his agent.  We've been monitoring him since the summer.  He's out of contract at the moment and just had a splendid season though current managerial uncertainty probably won't help sway the lad.

My understanding is there IS (well, there was a couple of weeks ago) a little money available for the right players.  Left back and forward are the primary targets
    Hmm. If he had a splendid season why is he out of contract in December? 
    @s@SELR_addicks Not all seasons run at the same time......
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    I know of one player we have been in touch with an its currently with his agent.  We've been monitoring him since the summer.  He's out of contract at the moment and just had a splendid season though current managerial uncertainty probably won't help sway the lad.

My understanding is there IS (well, there was a couple of weeks ago) a little money available for the right players.  Left back and forward are the primary targets
    Cory Gibbs?
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Ireland?
  • Probably the US I reckon. 
  • So  with out a manager who us going to decide what players we should sign and what style of football is the team playing. So they know what type of player required.
  • msomerton said:
    So  with out a manager who us going to decide what players we should sign and what style of football is the team playing. So they know what type of player required.
    Hayes press quotes today suggest that's well underway.
  • Imagine a new manager will be appointed before the end of the year now t
  • So who is going to start looking at possible targets who might have links to Holden and Scott?
  • Swisdom said:

Left back and forward are the primary targets
    As they were back in the summer. Doesn't mean anything will happen though. 
  • Swisdom said:

We missed out on this target sadly.  Don’t suppose the current uncertainty made us an attractive proposition
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

We missed out on this target sadly.  Don’t suppose the current uncertainty made us an attractive proposition
    Phoenix Patterson? - Just gone to Fleetwood?