Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    vff said:
    Sale of Stockley & others is more likely to prove working capital for EFL for the potless & useless Methvin takeover. Its clear Sandgaard wants shot of the club & prepared to hoike it off  Methven, who have no apparent plan to cut the Academy & cull the playing stuff, so that they can prove running costs. 
    Sandgaard is clearly clueless.The Methven takeover is a sorry, cash strapped shambles too imo. 
    Not sure I’m reading your post correctly, but are you saying the buyer could be Methven? It can’t be, surely. He hasn’t got the resources to lose millions running the club. There has to be backers behind the takeover, otherwise it’s all just a ridiculous waste of time. 
  • Options
    Those stats for Kilkenny strike me as another Josh Cullen-type.

we can only but dream

reviews I’ve seen online seem to suggest he is very highly regarded at Bournemouth.  Presumably Holden knows his game and liked what he saw
  • Options
    As it stands, we're getting rid of deadwood / high wage earners who can't get in the team
    That is acceptable

Ending up with less numbers in the squad than we started with (and one of the incomings is sidelined through injury) is not acceptable.

We will never learn our lessons.   Well, sorry.... TS won't learn his lessons.   He doesn't want to spend another penny, but wants £11m for the club.

I want to give up.

I really do.
  • Options
    Prepare for following lifers...

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    We are a weird bunch aren't we? Getting rid of Stockley isn't a "cost cutting exercise", he was shit, has been all season and we got rid of him for a fee instead of letting his contract run out, a win win in my eyes. 

We aren't going up, we aren't going down, what's the point in paying over the odds for a striker now when we can actually plan ahead and get one in the summer? Get a lad in on loan to fill the hole for now and finish the season. 
    because we don't trust the current ownership to actually do that.   They didn't with Washington.   They will sell Leaburn to balance the books, Bonne will leave.   Kanu up front on his own next year you say?....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wollacott moving on being banded around again. Doesn't want to fight for N1 spot
  • Options
    Our transfer planning is that bad, I wish we kept Davison as a runner.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    We are a weird bunch aren't we? Getting rid of Stockley isn't a "cost cutting exercise", he was shit, has been all season and we got rid of him for a fee instead of letting his contract run out, a win win in my eyes. 

We aren't going up, we aren't going down, what's the point in paying over the odds for a striker now when we can actually plan ahead and get one in the summer? Get a lad in on loan to fill the hole for now and finish the season. 
    Because the liklihood is that neither of this will happen. 

The conversation will then become about how expensive strikers are and that we can't afford it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who the hell is Mansfield?
    It’s as annoying as SethPlum constantly calling someone Methadone.
    Not as upset as our resident hard man Burger boy gets every time someone calls him Burger boy on the forum.
     Doh, now I’ve done it! 😂
  • Options
    Prepare for following lifers...

Is this the guess the question game? I'll go first!

millwall have won
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Having only Stockley fit was one of the things that got us into a situation where relegation was looking a real possibility. We aren't safe yet and another injury to Leaburn could leave us with just Bonne who is quicker than Stockley but didn't look any more effective on Saturday, and a potentially 1/4 fit Chuks. There's no need to break the budget on a permanent, but a sensible loan signing might be prudent.  
  • Options
    Stockley fee was 250,000 
    Decent business if we then use the money (plus a bit more) on a replacement striker. But this time one that actually scores. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockley fee was 250,000 

250,000 what? Pennies?
  • Options
    Stockley fee was 250,000 

250,000 what? Pennies?
    Guineas 
  • Options
    Who goes tomorrow Dobbo or Fraser ?
  • Options
    Who goes tomorrow Dobbo or Fraser ?
    Neither.  If anyone goes it will be Leaburn.  But I think if that was on the cards we would have pushed harder for Plange.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Looks like another summer rebuild in the offing if all we are bringing in are loans & getting rid of contracted players.

what could go wrong with that............. :D
    I get where you are coming from Golfie, but a few loans and players like Stockley moved on wouldn’t be a bad window.  We’re not in a position to know the future of the club long term, and IF that statement re: our new owners is true, then our transfer strategy kinda makes sense.  

The last 2 Jan windows have seen permanent signings of Mansfield, Schwartz, Fraser and Aneke.  You could argue Fraser has or will go onto have an impact, but the other 3 haven’t for one reason or another.

This, coupled with Kirk and Stockley signing for decent fees in the summer of 21, plus a number of other misfits and overall, poor players, very clearly highlights a failed recruitment policy.

How and why I don’t know.  I’m sure having MS involved is a big problem, but for me, why would anyone want us to be making long term signings now, given the history of the last 2 year and the uncertainty surrounding the club, unless they are proven s*** hot players, I don’t know.

The season is dead.  We have enough to stay up, and the pond we are fishing in for players won’t allow us to get the quality to mount an unlikely play off challenge.

I agree we need quality, but this isn’t the window.

it’s all about seeing where we go with this takeover and seeing the back of TS
    And the summer one is ???  Our recent history in the summer is nothing to write home about. Actually it is something to write home about as I seem to do it every August. This season is was no left back & very little upfront. And we've paid for those errors by being 15th at the end of January with no prospect of the play offs.

But just remind me again in August that I shouldn't panic & signings will happen. 

Gah  !!
    In this instance, yes.  

Is TS going to be our owner moving forward?  Who knows. Has the transfer policy over the last few years been a success?  No.  Are the potential new owners going to get the takeover done successfully?  Who knows.  Have we got any money?  Probably not.  Is the season dead?  Pretty much.  So many uncertainties add up to viable reasons as to just getting short term deals that may or may not work out.

unless we had total stability, were being run by a competent person, paying fees and signing players on long contracts would imo, be a mistake 
  • Options
    With just over 24 hours to go before closing time and we are reaching the dreaded last day where we receive an offer we can't turn down and replace with an inferior player ?

If that scenario doesn't happen sometime in the next 27 hours then cafc are making progress. Slow progress but progress if we don't accept average offers for our half a dozen better prospects.
  • Options
    I don't get the consensus that "the season's over." It isn't and we could still go down.