Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Aidan O’Brien looks like a rubbish Jayden Stockley. Slightly shorter with a worse goal return. Is this the ‘different profile’ striker Holden was on about? 
    Or just cheaper? 

All the signings on loans or short term deals feel like a race to the bottom. 

• It's good to see us getting rid of players like Kirk and Stockley, but not sure I'd say we're stronger now than at the start of Jan. 

Typical transfer window for us
  • vffvff
    edited January 2023
    Getting Kirk off the books - more money on the books to meet operating costs for the shite Methven takeover. The money ain’t going to be spent on bringing any significant players in. 

They will play youngsters, so they can increase their value for a summer sell off. What a f*^%#}g useless takeover. Removing the useless Sandgaard for another different bunch of chancers looking to make money for themselves & cut the Academy(one of the unique & positive aspects of the club). Not seeing Methven, Scott or the rest of these characters has the club’s long term interest at heart. 
  • Hope everyone is ready for a crazzzzy 24 hours *tongue poking out emoji*
  • iaitch said:
    Stewart said:
    I know nothing about Jon Russell, but going by this picture, I want him in the side. He has a  I’m not going to get bullied off the ball look about him. 

He has a I'm not going to get bullied off the shitter whilst I'm mid dump look to me.

• edited January 2023
    Wait, So, we're sorting out the transfes, deals and targets from back in the summer we left off the hook?

ANNOUNCE MARQUIS 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Heard from a mate that Aiden O'Brien is coming to us 👀
    Is that from the horses mouth? 
    Haha he's got a long face and big teeth!!! So i suppose it could be 😂
  • Heard from a mate that Aiden O'Brien is coming to us 👀
    Always rated him
  • So, we're sorting out the transfes, deals and targets from back in the summer we left off the hook.  

ANNOUNCE MARQUEE SIGNING

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Valley11 said:
    Aidan O’Brien looks like a rubbish Jayden Stockley. Slightly shorter with a worse goal return. Is this the ‘different profile’ striker Holden was on about? 
    Or just cheaper? 

If true, I wouldn't be to disappointed, I think he would be a decent signing.. For some reason hasn't worked at Shrewsbury. And we need a back up striker who can make an impact, he does fit the bill nicely! 

Going to be a busy day, that is for sure.. Transfer Deadline Day, and Takeover Deadline.. Who knows what today will bring!!
    Bonne and Leaburn are similar types. Chuks also. 
    Where’s the nippy striker I presume Holden was referring to when he said ‘different profile’?

• Valley11 said:
    Aidan O’Brien looks like a rubbish Jayden Stockley. Slightly shorter with a worse goal return. Is this the ‘different profile’ striker Holden was on about? 
    Or just cheaper? 

He’s more Washington than Stockley, has played out wide as well as through the middle.

https://youtu.be/nOesy9zVx0E
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Valley11 said:
    Or just cheaper? 

If true, I wouldn't be to disappointed, I think he would be a decent signing.. For some reason hasn't worked at Shrewsbury. And we need a back up striker who can make an impact, he does fit the bill nicely! 

Going to be a busy day, that is for sure.. Transfer Deadline Day, and Takeover Deadline.. Who knows what today will bring!!
    Knowing us, we'll announce Charlie Methven upfront and Matt Smith as our new owner just before the 11pm deadline.
  • Have we signed anyone yet?
  • Scoham said:
    Valley11 said:
    Or just cheaper? 

He’s more Washington than Stockley, has played out wide as well as through the middle.

Yes you’re right actually @Scoh@Scoham

interesting interview here on what he brings. Versatile striker in the Washington / Gary Nelson style, it seems 

https://youtu.be/SJXqZchdFbA
  • Sponsored links:

Always rated him
    When he was at Millwall i thought he was good but not sure he's done anything since.
  • Scoham said:
    Valley11 said:
    Or just cheaper? 

An impressive compilation,  scores with his head, favours his right foot but plenty using his left.
    From these clips, it appears that he can score if fed the balls, no evidence that he carves chances out for himself.
    If he comes and he can show some of this form, he would be a welcome addition.  Big if though.
  • Two footed! makes a change,
  • edited January 2023
    On my wish list for today is a robust midfielder with some presence/athleticism who can pick a pass.

And a goalscorer to get on the end of those passes. O’Brien would do.

What are the chances? 
    Always rated him
    When he was at Millwall i thought he was good but not sure he's done anything since.
    That’s because he’s had stacks of injuries since. Was out for months at the start of this season.

Ideal signing for Charlton.
  • edited January 2023
    Heard from a mate that Aiden O'Brien is coming to us 👀
    Always rated him

I've always not rated him, although haven't seen much of him tbf. Looks like Mbappe on that Vid :)
  • O Brien makes sense from a personal point of view.

As fans we underestimate the impact living away from the family home has on players which is probably why the likes of Shane Ferguson and John Marquis are also regularly linked with us.
  • edited January 2023
    In fairness I remember Portsmouth fans were very underwhelmed when they signed him on loan recently (season before last I think) but he went there & smashed it & they loved him by the end of the season.

I do think he’ll be a good addition for us if he’s over his injury issues.
  • Let's see what special moves we make in Home Bargains today!