Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Now we got some pennies in for stockley we might get another loan in yippee
    Said Scott was brought in to off load players not bring players in. Won 3 games on spin everything’s  Rosie let’s trim squad a bit more to balance the books.
    oh but we got a mega rich new owner coming in yea right. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing we do in fact have another player lined up. It's alongside Kilkenny, not instead of. 

We now have:

Sessegnon
    Kane
    Penney
    Rak-Sakyi
    (Kilkenny)

So assume it's a permanent deal, and hopefully either a player with potential or already established. 
    It's really not going to be an issue having 6 players on loan. 
    One will always be out injured, as indeed Kane is now.
    Exactly and with 3 of them being full-backs it's only a slight issue if Clare is out but even then not the end of the world. 
  • So Fleetwood have just signed two strikers?

Watch Stockley hammer in the headers off his new strike partner.

• So he passes loads but none of them are smart, and he goes in for loads of defensive duels and loses all of them... great.
    Said Scott was brought in to off load players not bring players in. Won 3 games on spin everything’s  Rosie let’s trim squad a bit more to balance the books.
    We've only got one Penney.
  • Happy to get kirk and stockley of the wage bill even if replaced with loans till the summer. That's when the squad needs a rebuild.
    I agree, but we say the same thing every season!
  • If we manage to off load DJ, Thomas, Kirk and Aneke, I think this will be a massively successful window by virtue of the fact, we were right all along, they are shit !
    You think there's a fee for Stockers?
    Even if there were (there ain't anything sizable) skintgaard ain't reinvesting a penny is he
    this is project PennyPinching
    30 odd hours to go - astonishing if Stockley & Kirk (thank funk!) are the last to be pared off the overhead - Any sort of actual fee will buy anybody

• Have you nabbed somebody’s black box, Callumcafc? Can we see McGrandles’ and Kirk’s charts next please?

• Looks a similar profile to Morgan but hopefully better. A long passer is good for Holdens style but needs to have a better all-round game than Morgan does 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Hearing we do in fact have another player lined up. It's alongside Kilkenny, not instead of. 

We now have:

Sessegnon
    Kane
    Penney
    Rak-Sakyi
    (Kilkenny)

So assume it's a permanent deal, and hopefully either a player with potential or already established. 
    It's really not going to be an issue having 6 players on loan. 
    Exactly no way Sessegnon, Todd and Penney all play at the same time and if they do we can alway "Shinnie" Penney or Todd.
  • I just can’t understand if Wednesday were in for him in summer why didn’t we take the money. I doubt we’ve got any where near what they would have been offering. 
    We knew he didn’t fit the system of 433 which we are obsessed with. 
  • edited January 2023
    So Fleetwood have just signed two strikers?

Watch Stockley hammer in the headers off his new strike partner.
    11th February 2023..Charlton 0 - 3 Fleetwood ( Stockley 3)...Can see it now..let's just hope not eh!!🙄
  • I just can’t understand if Wednesday were in for him in summer why didn’t we take the money. I doubt we’ve got any where near what they would have been offering. 
    We knew he didn’t fit the system of 433 which we are obsessed with. 
    Sandgaard didn't know though, did he. 
  • Surely Holden should be given a longer deal if he’s flogging off the deadwood and Garner’s buys like McGrandles? Otherwise he’s about to sign up ‘a different profile of striker’ etc that the next cafc manager won’t want, and around we go again. 

• Have you nabbed somebody’s black box, Callumcafc? Can we see McGrandles’ and Kirk’s charts next please?
    @Foreseeaball on Twitter - believe this one was posted in the summer shortly before he signed for Stoke.
  • Are we now down to eighteen fit players with three of those being goalkeepers ?
  • Even fucking Fleetwood have more dosh than us. Would've loved Marriott
    if Marriott was he old self Peterbro would not have let him go for 200,000 
  • Bailey said:
    If we manage to off load DJ, Thomas, Kirk and Aneke, I think this will be a massively successful window by virtue of the fact, we were right all along, they are shit !
    Aneke no going anywhere 
  • edited January 2023

Considering he played in a v dominant Bournemouth side this is v underwhelming.

Hopefully, he'll look better with the Covered End roaring him on with their unmitigated support. 
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited January 2023
    Sale of Stockley & others is more likely to prove working capital for EFL for the potless & useless Methvin takeover. Its clear Sandgaard wants shot of the club & prepared to hoike it off  Methven, who have no apparent plan to cut the Academy & cull the playing stuff, so that they can prove running costs. 
    Sandgaard is clearly clueless.The Methven takeover is a sorry, cash strapped shambles too imo. 
  • Bailey said:
    If we manage to off load DJ, Thomas, Kirk and Aneke, I think this will be a massively successful window by virtue of the fact, we were right all along, they are shit !
    DJ played for Under 21 today, unlikely to be going. Doubt if Aneke going, the other two very possible 
  • According to one source we've gone from signed to now being interested in Kill Kenny!
  • According to one source we've gone from signed to now being interested in Kill Kenny!
    Depends what the agreement is with stoke. I assume Bournemouth have a release clause but I’d assume stoke are currently paying more of his wages than we will. However, more likely to get game time with us. 
  • edited January 2023
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/update-following-closure-transfer-window will the sandman post a similar update tomorrow evening 
    Depends what the agreement is with stoke. I assume Bournemouth have a release clause but I’d assume stoke are currently paying more of his wages than we will. However, more likely to get game time with us. 
    I'm referring to mixed messages from the media and why everything that comes out of the media, needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
  • I can only assume Mr Scott's recruitment appointment took in outgoings as well.