Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DJ not going anywhere today.  Playing for the u21s.
    And scored after 4 minutes.
    Maybe we can loan him out to.the under 21s then? Get his wages off the books and all that 😉 
  • Options
    The PL Clubs will be watching keenly!
  • Options
    "Having DJ back is like having a new signing."
    Exactly what flashed into my head 😂
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I personally don’t mind DJ. I thought he’d be better for the money we paid for him but he has something about him & the below as our wingers isn’t bad:

Right: Jes / DJ
    Left: CBT / Campbell (Payne back up)

I do think we’ll be looking to bring in another though bearing in mind Campbell is still young and Jes isn’t ours. Scully would be good (to bring in now with a view on next season).
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    On wikipedia; , I know it can be tampered with but...🤷‍♂️

Gavin Kilkenny
     (born 1 February 2000) is an Irish footballer who plays as a midfielder for League One club Charlton Athletic on loan from AFC Bournemouth
  • Options
    "Having DJ back is like having a new signing."
    One think DJ is better then both CBT and Raki is tracking back and defending .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I think this is the guy the @Swisdom mentioned a few days back, about the player that is playing a different position.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not tremendously surprised if Lincoln are offering first team football and we're saying he'll compete with Bonne and Leaburn for a starting spot
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not tremendously surprised if Lincoln are offering first team football and we're saying he'll compete with Bonne and Leaburn for a starting spot
    Suggests we’ve looked at bringing in a striker but this is the problem. We need the depth but can’t guarantee game time. Very much means we’re relying on Leaburn and Bonne staying fit and hoping Chuks can be an option off the bench.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Remember when we all felt like we were short of a decent striker? 

Then we signed Bonne, (about to) let go of Stockley and are still in exactly the same position. 

Money saved though I bet. 
    And love or hate Bonne. He's much much better than this crocked version of Stockley
    Bonne hasn't scored a goal in over a year. 
    He's played a lot less minutes than Stockley and first half of this season he's been primarily used at the end of games in the Championship. 

He was Ipswich's top scorer until they brought in better last season - he got 11 in the first half the season and then again became an option to close out games. 

Would you be happy with Leaburn and Bonne (+ Aneke occasionally) as our promotion-chasing strikers for 2023/24? 

I certainly wouldn't. 
    Absolutely not. We need at least two new forwards through the door in Summer. We need Kanu to go out on loan for the rest of the season too. 

Aneke's contract simply needs terminating when this season is statistically over. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's the main problem with DJ another with fitness issues that could and should be doing better. The whole reason we've kept half our squad is because their fitness is so shite. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Then we signed Bonne, (about to) let go of Stockley and are still in exactly the same position. 

And love or hate Bonne. He's much much better than this crocked version of Stockley
    He's played a lot less minutes than Stockley and first half of this season he's been primarily used at the end of games in the Championship. 

He was Ipswich's top scorer until they brought in better last season - he got 11 in the first half the season and then again became an option to close out games. 

Would you be happy with Leaburn and Bonne (+ Aneke occasionally) as our promotion-chasing strikers for 2023/24? 

I certainly wouldn't. 
    Absolutely not. We need at least two new forwards through the door in Summer. We need Kanu to go out on loan for the rest of the season too. 

Aneke's contract simply needs terminating when this season is statistically over. 
    Hasn't Aneke got 2 years left to run?

Surely the owner would have to pay him to the end of his contract to get rid of him. Even for a sick.ktw, it must be better to keep him at the club than waste two years salary for nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I certainly wouldn't. 

Hasn't Aneke got 2 years left to run limp? 
    Corrected
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I certainly wouldn't. 

Hasn't Aneke got 2 years left to run? 
    2 years, 5 months, 1 day, 9 hours and 42 minutes.
    As he only ever plays 20 minutes and is out most of the time that is 3 months and 2 days in "Chuckstime".
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I certainly wouldn't. 

What is the point in terminating Chuks contract? If we are going to pay him off we may as well keep him and use him off the bench for the few hours he is available a season. 
    We're limited to 20 registered senior players, I believe. I'd prefer we didn't have to have this discussion, but that's a wasted spot if we're going to keep Chuks in there for around 360 minutes a season. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Going the rest of the season with Bonne,Leaburn , Aneke (when available) is dangerous even if we play 433

I'd like to think they've let Stockley go to sign a replacement that's more suited to Holden's style but I think that's unlikely. 
    Got to be signing at least 1 striker surely. And I mean a proper striker, not another 10 a season lump (we've already have Bonne).
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Going the rest of the season with Bonne,Leaburn , Aneke (when available) is dangerous even if we play 433

I'd like to think they've let Stockley go to sign a replacement that's more suited to Holden's style but I think that's unlikely. 
    Got to be signing at least 1 striker surely. And I mean a proper striker, not another 10 a season lump (we've already have Bonne).

This is exactly what I would hope will happen. I doubt it will though and we'll just sign Kilkenny as the 5th loanee and that'll be that. 

Would be looking at getting Kanu a National League loan spell like Anderson has gone to Aldershot for. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Looks like another summer rebuild in the offing if all we are bringing in are loans & getting rid of contracted players.

what could go wrong with that............. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

This is exactly what I would hope will happen. I doubt it will though and we'll just sign Kilkenny as the 5th loanee and that'll be that. 

Would be looking at getting Kanu a National League loan spell like Anderson has gone to Aldershot for. 
    We will end up of 6 loans.  No way that Sessegnon, Todd and Penney all make the match day 18 anyway.  We could always make one of latter 2 "permanent" outside the window anyway.  

Not sure what the rush is getting Kanu out on loan either the rest of the season and a couple of cameos will do him good.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I certainly wouldn't. 

What is the point in terminating Chuks contract? If we are going to pay him off we may as well keep him and use him off the bench for the few hours he is available a season. 
    We're limited to 20 registered senior players, I believe. I'd prefer we didn't have to have this discussion, but that's a wasted spot if we're going to keep Chuks in there for around 360 minutes a season. 
    22 players, which doesn’t include goalkeepers and obviously u21s. I don’t think squad space will be a problem. Obviously his fitness record is pitiful, even if we only got 360 minutes out of him next season, I bet he’d still win us a few points. I’d take that over just paying him off and not having him - who knows, we might even be able to get him on the pitch as much as we did under Bowyer, although I’d be fucking amazed if that happened.
  • Options
    If and when Stockley goes it is suicide to only have Leaburn and Bonne as senior striking options....