Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard is not Charlton

If it is correct that Jackson was told of his departure by phone then that is disgusting and cowardly. TS has seen enough of JJ in the past few days to tell him face to face. 
Charlton is known as a family club, this is not how a family should behave. In my career as a personnel director I have had occasion to terminate the employment of staff and have always done it face to face, it is the least that an employee deserves.
For Sandgaard to do it or arrange it by phone is just very poor and reflects badly on our club
I don't think I will return to the Valley during his ownership the whole thing stinks.

Comments

• How do we know it was done over the phone?
  • Was it definitely done by phone?
  • How do we know it was done over the phone?
    We dont. But Sandgarrd is now back in America & all the press releases say JJ was told today.  
  • According to the local reporter and ES it was by phone
  • There are two sides of course. Maybe the person coming in had only just confirmed and said he needed to start his management asap for obvious reasons and therefore it was done this way. I may be wrong but I don’t think you get to where sandgard is by hiding.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is correct that Jackson was told of his departure by phone then that is disgusting and cowardly. TS has seen enough of JJ in the past few days to tell him face to face. 
    Charlton is known as a family club, this is not how a family should behave. In my career as a personnel director I have had occasion to terminate the employment of staff and have always done it face to face, it is the least that an employee deserves.
    For Sandgaard to do it or arrange it by phone is just very poor and reflects badly on our club
    I don't think I will return to the Valley during his ownership the whole thing stinks.
    The world has changed my friend. Most meetings are done online these days. Better to wait until after the POTY evening as to not distract from that. Jackson had to go.
  • Danger here of reading the words literally and which may or may not be true. But context is everything. We don’t know what conversations they have had in recent weeks. Nor do we know if TS had told JJ he would be speaking  with him today etc. 

But as others have said as an American TS is more  used to a hire and fire culture where this would be more normal too.  

There is no good way to do this. At least in football you must, as a manager , know it’s always on thr cards to some extent. 

Next moves tell us far more I think in terms of replacement and signings. 

• Jesus wept
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Jesus wept
    He ‘wept’ in relation to what ?
  • Gribbo said:
    Jesus wept
    In relation to it being 2022 and people being told all sorts of bad news over the phone (Teams / Skype / etc / etc) these days, if that's even the case in this instance.
  • In my world a phonecall now generally involves a Teams call, so it could well be that there was a virtual face to face.

None of us know when the decision was made. I genuinely believe that Ipswich may have been the straw that broke the camel's back (yes it was that bad).

If it was, then how else was this going to be done of TS was flying back Monday?
  • Step up from being sacked by email, I guess… 😉
    Or an 800 person, few minutes, Zoom call if you worked for P&O…….
  • In my world a phonecall now generally involves a Teams call, so it could well be that there was a virtual face to face.

None of us know when the decision was made. I genuinely believe that Ipswich may have been the straw that broke the camel's back (yes it was that bad).

If it was, then how else was this going to be done of TS was flying back Monday?
    There’s a quote from TS I read earlier it sounds like the decision was already made, Ipswich wouldn’t have made a difference.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thomas-sandgaard-charlton-johnnie-jackson-sacked-b997705.html

Might have been this one, can’t see as it’s asking me to register to view the whole article.

From what Airman has said league postion determined how much it would cost to sack Jackson. So losing on Saturday may have saved TS money. It would explain why he waited until after the last game.

https://twitter.com/airmanbrown/status/1521535425801818114?s=21&t=faD5X-a4sMyDb6L9qg0ycg
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Jesus wept
    In relation to it being 2022 and people being told all sorts of bad news over the phone (Teams / Skype / etc / etc) these days, if that's even the case in this instance.
    Since March 2020, this is the modern world (no doubt, in certain industries, it predates that) - and the old world will not return….