Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard is not Charlton

Comments

• Options
    So the guy that owns us, has been as honest and enthusiastic as possible & actually pumped money into us, along with making big managerial decisions, attends games despite living overseas and is extremely engaging with our fanbase isn’t Charlton? Right-o. What a waste of bandwidth 
    but we are still 13th in L1 playing crap football
    And he's literally put in a new recruitment process in place to improve upon that, has spent the 3rd highest budget in the league, and has sacked the manager who was playing dire football. What more do you want from him?
    He's put things in place. I think the main concern is if you are clearly clueless it doesn't matter what you put in place it will not work.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    shirty5 said:
    Redrobo said:
    So the guy that owns us, has been as honest and enthusiastic as possible & actually pumped money into us, along with making big managerial decisions, attends games despite living overseas and is extremely engaging with our fanbase isn’t Charlton? Right-o. What a waste of bandwidth 
    Very true. And I go for the football.
    Everyone is agreed that last summer’s recruitment was too little too late, although Dobbo, Clair and Lavelle have done well. Big Mac looked a good signing and may look better behind a competent defence.
    I thought the January window was good with our two permanent signings. I am confident that our recruitment team is a lot better than last summer and whatever any of us think about JJ, he at least demonstrated that we need a lot more quality players in.
    Overall I think we are heading in the right direction as a club.

Using the words of Seriously Red here 

Let’s see where we are next May 
    By all means, but I have said that I expect to spend two seasons more in this shit league.
    And then……Div 4?  At least it will give us another crack at Hartlepool!
  • Options
    And he's literally put in a new recruitment process in place to improve upon that, has spent the 3rd highest budget in the league, and has sacked the manager who was playing dire football. What more do you want from him?
    If he has put his own recruitment process in and is spending so much - and it’s still not working…. That isn’t a positive! It means it’s not working!
    He's only just put it into place this year. It wasn't in place last summer. So if you are judging it on a January window where we had nothing to play for in the season, well we signed a key central midfield playmaker and the striker everyone was bemoaning we hadn't replaced who scores goals for fun at this level.
    The loans were crap and clearly just meant as backups to tide us through the season if needed. As said, we had nothing to play for anyway.

Tell me another club in League One that signed 2 players in January better than Fraser and Chuks?
    I don’t give a fucking fuck if he has paraded round the pitch at half time with a trumpet up his bum farting the melody to Addicks to Victory.

ITS NOT WORKING. Evidence is on the pitch - and the frightening thing is at the moment it looks more likely he actually would partake in the above rather than get us promoted. Even Roland managed that (the promotion not the farting down a trumpet)
  • Options
    If he has put his own recruitment process in and is spending so much - and it’s still not working…. That isn’t a positive! It means it’s not working!
    He's only just put it into place this year. It wasn't in place last summer. So if you are judging it on a January window where we had nothing to play for in the season, well we signed a key central midfield playmaker and the striker everyone was bemoaning we hadn't replaced who scores goals for fun at this level.
    The loans were crap and clearly just meant as backups to tide us through the season if needed. As said, we had nothing to play for anyway.

Tell me another club in League One that signed 2 players in January better than Fraser and Chuks?
    I don’t give a fucking fuck if he has paraded round the pitch at half time with a trumpet up his bum farting the melody to Addicks to Victory.

ITS NOT WORKING. Evidence is on the pitch - and the frightening thing is at the moment it looks more likely he actually would partake in the above rather than get us promoted. Even Roland managed that (the promotion not the farting down a trumpet)
    Wait, I see what you did there.  There IS NO melody in Addicks to Victory, so the trumpet fart thing is impossible
  • Options
    I’m sure I read this elsewhere but I got told this this week that Sandgaard made JJ pick Burstow to get an extra payment out of Chelsea  
  • Options
    And that's why he acted quickly and got rid of the manager who was facilitating/overseeing that 'crap' football!
  • Options
    I’m sure I read this elsewhere but I got told this this week that Sandgaard made JJ pick Burstow to get an extra payment out of Chelsea  
    That’s very interesting if accurate. One of the (many!) criticisms of Roland was him trying to dictate player selection to Powell. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    So, if his contract would only be renewed if we finished in the top 8, does that mean that the contract simply ended and that he WASN’T actually sacked? The arrangement can’t be both, surely?
  • Options
    In this instance, I'm happy with that if it's gets money out of Chelsea. I wouldn't be happy if we needed three points to secure a play off place and this happened.

im assuming that as the deal was made before Chelsea's assets were seized, this will have no affect on payment clauses etc
  • Options
    I have heard that elsewhere.  I believe it comes from the same source and alleged conversation as the contract situation Thomas denied yesterday. 
  • Options
    In this instance, I'm happy with that if it's gets money out of Chelsea. I wouldn't be happy if we needed three points to secure a play off place and this happened.

im assuming that as the deal was made before Chelsea's assets were seized, this will have no affect on payment clauses etc
    I tend to agree. No jeopardy so take the cash. Good for the player too. 

BUT seems unlikely to me as why would that be part of the contract at all? No benefit at all to Chelsea and I had previously inferred we asked for the loan back due to the then injury crisis. 

Likely inaccurate or at best misrepresented. 
  • Options
    So if true, if I’m the manager I’m like I need to finish as high as possible to have a chance of being here next season, but you want me to play a kid so the club gets more money? 

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    So, if his contract would only be renewed if we finished in the top 8, does that mean that the contract simply ended and that he WASN’T actually sacked? The arrangement can’t be both, surely?
    You are correct, contract ended. TS phoned him to say it would not be renewed.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:
    "Sandgaard has admitted that making the decision now makes the compensation smaller than if a change had been made once the 2022-23 campaign started.

When the contract was first drawn up it had a top-eight clause which would again have been a factor in any pay-off."

There wouldn't be any compensation if it was just not renewed would there? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:
    "Sandgaard has admitted that making the decision now makes the compensation smaller than if a change had been made once the 2022-23 campaign started.

When the contract was first drawn up it had a top-eight clause which would again have been a factor in any pay-off."

Of course there would be if it was written into the contract.
  • Options
    It's like the eternal debate around Lyle Taylor's contract all over again....

Jackson was here next season.
    It's was a 1.5 year performance based contract.
    Hitting certain targets automatically renewed it.
    He was sacked, now, because of shit football.
    Finishing 13th made the compo payout smaller than if it had been,12th,11th,10th,9th,8th,7th,6th,5th,4th,3rd,2nd,1st

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Finishing 13th made the compo payout smaller than if it had been,12th,11th,10th,9th,8th,7th,6th,5th,4th,3rd,2nd,1st

Page 1 on the announcement Johnny Jackson departs look for https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-part-company-with-manager-johnnie-jackson/ 

Killerflash added “ It was reported at the time that the ex-midfielder’s deal only ran until the end of the campaign with an automatic extension triggered by league finish. The South London Press understands that involved Charlton finishing in the top eight.”

Confirms that the contract was not extended, so not technically sacked.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:

But just not renewed why would there be anything written into it about compensation at all.  His contract either ran out and wasn't renewed or it was broken and the compensation paid accordingly. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Redrobo said:

Page 1 on the announcement Johnny Jackson departs look for https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-part-company-with-manager-johnnie-jackson/ 

Killerflash added “ It was reported at the time that the ex-midfielder’s deal only ran until the end of the campaign with an automatic extension triggered by league finish. The South London Press understands that involved Charlton finishing in the top eight.”

Confirms that the contract was not extended, so not technically sacked.

Sandgaard cleared up the confusion after Jackson went to the press around December, he also spoke of it again at the castrust q@&a back in March

SC picked up some questions from the floor. One from James Maddison, which many others had asked, was about Johnnie Jackson and his future.

TS said that it was an important question for a lot of people, and that he had been very keen to get Johnnie on board immediately. “He really made a difference and had a great run to begin with.” He explained that an initial contract of a year and a half had initially been agreed, with an option to extend for another year. He said that there are a few trigger points, including in relation to a lower severance payment if he leaves in the summer. “It was very expensive to say goodbye to Nigel.” TS continued that if everything works well, Johnnie will be here for two-and-a-half years to start with, and we will want to keep him there if so. He explained that JJ has a lot of incentive and other bonuses in his contract. “It’s a very attractive contract for Johnnie with a lot of upsides.” “He’s well-spoken, nice to work with, a really pleasant person, and he has a charisma that really represents the club well, so that we can be really proud of having him as our spokesperson.”

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:

But just not renewed why would there be anything written into it about compensation at all.  His contract either ran out and wasn't renewed or it was broken and the compensation paid accordingly. 
    They are not the only two possibilities. Anything can be put into a contract and payments at the end of term are quite normal.
    As this was a sort of rolling contract it would be unusual not to have compensation terms written into them, going both ways and getting larger over time.

• Options

Hence he's changing it...
    So he’s ditching a failed system he implemented, in order to implement a new system.

Yeah. Zero chance that goes wrong. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:

They are not the only two possibilities. Anything can be put into a contract and payments at the end of term are quite normal.
    As this was a sort of rolling contract it would be unusual not to have compensation terms written into them, going both ways and getting larger over time.

Fair enough if you don't believe me, you have no reason to, but the quote form Sandgaard is in the post above, word for word...... 
  • Options

So he’s ditching a failed system he implemented, in order to implement a new system.

A failed system (I.e. Jacko) that he would have literally been lynched had he not made him permanent. So now we are going to complain about Sandgaard listening to the fans too much? Okay
  • Options

A failed system (I.e. Jacko) that he would have literally been lynched had he not made him permanent. So now we are going to complain about Sandgaard listening to the fans too much? Okay
    He “literally” would not have been.  Metaphorically maybe.
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:

He “literally” would not have been.  Metaphorically maybe.
    You're literally correct, congrats :)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I have heard that elsewhere.  I believe it comes from the same source and alleged conversation as the contract situation Thomas denied yesterday. 
    I can't believe this is true tbh. MB made about 5 starts after he was sold and they were mainly because we had no other options. As soon as we had players back he was dropped. If we did get extra money from Chelsea, then that was a happy accident.