Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard is not Charlton

Comments

• YTS1978 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m sure I read this elsewhere but I got told this this week that Sandgaard made JJ pick Burstow to get an extra payment out of Chelsea  
    I have heard that elsewhere.  I believe it comes from the same source and alleged conversation as the contract situation Thomas denied yesterday. 
    I can't believe this is true tbh. MB made about 5 starts after he was sold and they were mainly because we had no other options. As soon as we had players back he was dropped. If we did get extra money from Chelsea, then that was a happy accident.
    It's a specific reference to why he played in the Morcambe game. 
  • So the guy that owns us, has been as honest and enthusiastic as possible & actually pumped money into us, along with making big managerial decisions, attends games despite living overseas and is extremely engaging with our fanbase isn’t Charlton? Right-o. What a waste of bandwidth 
    but we are still 13th in L1 playing crap football
    And he's literally put in a new recruitment process in place to improve upon that, has spent the 3rd highest budget in the league, and has sacked the manager who was playing dire football. What more do you want from him?
    If he has put his own recruitment process in and is spending so much - and it’s still not working…. That isn’t a positive! It means it’s not working!
    He's only just put it into place this year. It wasn't in place last summer. So if you are judging it on a January window where we had nothing to play for in the season, well we signed a key central midfield playmaker and the striker everyone was bemoaning we hadn't replaced who scores goals for fun at this level.
    The loans were crap and clearly just meant as backups to tide us through the season if needed. As said, we had nothing to play for anyway.

Tell me another club in League One that signed 2 players in January better than Fraser and Chuks?
    I don’t give a fucking fuck if he has paraded round the pitch at half time with a trumpet up his bum farting the melody to Addicks to Victory.

ITS NOT WORKING. Evidence is on the pitch - and the frightening thing is at the moment it looks more likely he actually would partake in the above rather than get us promoted. Even Roland managed that (the promotion not the farting down a trumpet)
    Hence he's changing it...
    So he’s ditching a failed system he implemented, in order to implement a new system.

Yeah. Zero chance that goes wrong. 
    A failed system (I.e. Jacko) that he would have literally been lynched had he not made him permanent. So now we are going to complain about Sandgaard listening to the fans too much? Okay
    But you were discussing the new shiny recruitment system, has nothing to do with JJ at all. 
  • This thread is wrong and out of order imo. Sandgaard has put money into the club, not really his fault its not worked. Adkins didn't work out, while I love JJ he didn't exactly pull up trees but the investment has been there 
  • This thread is wrong and out of order imo. Sandgaard has put money into the club, not really his fault its not worked. Adkins didn't work out, while I love JJ he didn't exactly pull up trees but the investment has been there 
    I don’t know what to say anymore. The double standards between him and Roland (forget ESI who were another level of wrong uns) is crazy.

Not his fault it didn’t work?

He is quite literally the de facto leader of this business. By not recruiting a senior decision maker on a day to day basis to make these decisions - the responsibility can’t fall to anyone else but him. If it’s not his fault then who’s is it? When you place yourself at the top of the tree and refuse to put more experienced heads in place then you have nowhere to hide when it doesn’t work out.
    He appointment Jed Roddy MBE, a hugely experienced and respected man in football who on paper should have been the ideal appointment to take make the football decisions that would have taken the Club forward. 
    Do you remember who Roland appointed?
  • edited May 2022
    This thread is wrong and out of order imo. Sandgaard has put money into the club, not really his fault its not worked. Adkins didn't work out, while I love JJ he didn't exactly pull up trees but the investment has been there 
    Curious what you are basing your assertion of "putting money" is based on? Looking at transfer values available online, CAFC has been a slight net seller since he took over.
  • Scoham said:
    Can someone find the stats on the method of each of our managerial sackings? 
    I'd also like to see the xSack (eXpected sacking method) so we can know how well they were executed. 
  • Executed? That's a bit harsh isn't it? I don't think they're getting thrown in the Scorpion Pit when they're shown the door.
    Curious what you are basing your assertion of "putting money" is based on? Looking at transfer values available online, CAFC has been a slight net seller since he took over.
    Get a dictionary and look up overheads and wages.  Although you probably think the club is worth about 100 million now.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    This thread is wrong and out of order imo. Sandgaard has put money into the club, not really his fault its not worked. Adkins didn't work out, while I love JJ he didn't exactly pull up trees but the investment has been there 
    I don’t know what to say anymore. The double standards between him and Roland (forget ESI who were another level of wrong uns) is crazy.

He is quite literally the de facto leader of this business. By not recruiting a senior decision maker on a day to day basis to make these decisions - the responsibility can’t fall to anyone else but him. If it’s not his fault then who’s is it? When you place yourself at the top of the tree and refuse to put more experienced heads in place then you have nowhere to hide when it doesn’t work out.
    He appointment Jed Roddy MBE, a hugely experienced and respected man in football who on paper should have been the ideal appointment to take make the football decisions that would have taken the Club forward. 
    But zero experience in the job/level of football he worked at for us
  • Redrobo said:

Ged Roddy managed my mates uni team at Bath - he was never going to be the answer and he had zero experience doing the job at a football league club he was bought in to do.

I go back to the original point - proof is in the pudding on the pitch. Effort and strumming the guitar is all well and good but it’s a results business and we haven’t got them. End of.

An owner can be the most miserable cnut going but if he gets us promoted into the championship and established at that level I couldn’t give a shit. We exist to prosper as a club, win on the pitch and grow and engage our fanbase. If we aren’t doing any of that then the buck stops there.
  • Redrobo said:

Ged Roddy managed my mates uni team at Bath - he was never going to be the answer and he had zero experience doing the job at a football league club he was bought in to do.

I go back to the original point - proof is in the pudding on the pitch. Effort and strumming the guitar is all well and good but it’s a results business and we haven’t got them. End of.

An owner can be the most miserable cnut going but if he gets us promoted into the championship and established at that level I couldn’t give a shit. We exist to prosper as a club, win on the pitch and grow and engage our fanbase. If we aren’t doing any of that then the buck stops there.
    Ah, the old "football is a results business" line. Welcome back my old friend.

ALL businesses are results businesses.
  • Off_it said:
    Redrobo said:

Ah, the old "football is a results business" line. Welcome back my old friend.

ALL businesses are results businesses.
    Only three teams ever get promoted. Most feel the season has been unsuccessful 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:
    So, if his contract would only be renewed if we finished in the top 8, does that mean that the contract simply ended and that he WASN’T actually sacked? The arrangement can’t be both, surely?
    You are correct, contract ended. TS phoned him to say it would not be renewed.
    "Sandgaard has admitted that making the decision now makes the compensation smaller than if a change had been made once the 2022-23 campaign started.

When the contract was first drawn up it had a top-eight clause which would again have been a factor in any pay-off."

There wouldn't be any compensation if it was just not renewed would there? 
    Of course there would be if it was written into the contract.
    But just not renewed why would there be anything written into it about compensation at all.  His contract either ran out and wasn't renewed or it was broken and the compensation paid accordingly. 
    They are not the only two possibilities. Anything can be put into a contract and payments at the end of term are quite normal.
    As this was a sort of rolling contract it would be unusual not to have compensation terms written into them, going both ways and getting larger over time.

Fair enough if you don't believe me, you have no reason to, but the quote form Sandgaard is in the post above, word for word...... 
    Sandgaard also said that there was a break in the contract. 
    I think the press have it right and they speak to the people who really know.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

He also employed Jed Roddy MBE and gave him responsibility for an area of a football club he had never worked in before.  The Lords grounds man has great experience in cricket, doesn't mean he should be England captain.
    And how do you compare him to who Roland appointed which was the discussion.
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    meldrew66 said:
    So, if his contract would only be renewed if we finished in the top 8, does that mean that the contract simply ended and that he WASN’T actually sacked? The arrangement can’t be both, surely?
    You are correct, contract ended. TS phoned him to say it would not be renewed.
    "Sandgaard has admitted that making the decision now makes the compensation smaller than if a change had been made once the 2022-23 campaign started.

When the contract was first drawn up it had a top-eight clause which would again have been a factor in any pay-off."

There wouldn't be any compensation if it was just not renewed would there? 
    Of course there would be if it was written into the contract.
    But just not renewed why would there be anything written into it about compensation at all.  His contract either ran out and wasn't renewed or it was broken and the compensation paid accordingly. 
    They are not the only two possibilities. Anything can be put into a contract and payments at the end of term are quite normal.
    As this was a sort of rolling contract it would be unusual not to have compensation terms written into them, going both ways and getting larger over time.

Fair enough if you don't believe me, you have no reason to, but the quote form Sandgaard is in the post above, word for word...... 
    Sandgaard also said that there was a break in the contract. 
    I think the press have it right and they speak to the people who really know.

But Thomas doesn't know him self?  OK then I'll take your word for it.
  • edited May 2022
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

He also employed Jed Roddy MBE and gave him responsibility for an area of a football club he had never worked in before.  The Lords grounds man has great experience in cricket, doesn't mean he should be England captain.
    Well Roland employed Gallen to head up recruitment?

(No that's not a "I would rather Roland than Thomas" comment, I just want to see the mental gymnastics that will follow).

So let's get this right.  You don't think Sandgaard sacked Jackson.  You don't think Martin has any input into recruitment bar doing a bit of IT work.  Despite Thomas himself saying he did and he does.

And you think Roddy was a good appointment to head up the recruitment side of the club, despite never having done anything remotely similar before?

Is that fair?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

(No that's not a "I would rather Roland than Thomas" comment, I just want to see the mental gymnastics that will follow).

So let's get this right.  You don't think Sandgaard sacked Jackson.  You don't think Martin has any input into recruitment bar doing a bit of IT work.  Despite Thomas himself saying he did and he does.

And you think Roddy was a good appointment to head up the recruitment side of the club, despite never having done anything remotely similar before?

Is that fair?
    I'd substitute " naive" for "fair"....and that's being generous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Is that fair?
    I think TS has great lawyers that would put in exit clauses at the end of each season and mid year before the transfer window into his contract. If they were not there and he was sacked then JJ would have been entitled to have his contract paid up wouldn’t he?

I think describing Martin as “doing a bit of IT work” is very disrespectful of someone with vast experience in IT and is providing the data that will guide decisions, so yes, I hope he does have a big input into the recruitment process because of these very skills.

I think Roddy was a good football person with an impressive background in the development of players that would help us achieve Cat1 status first and foremost, and who also had leadership skills to help build a team to manage all aspects of the footballing backup side of the Club. 
    You describe him as ‘Head of recruitment’. I thought he was appointed as ‘Technical Director’? You know best of course. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Is that fair?
    I think TS has great lawyers that would put in exit clauses at the end of each season and mid year before the transfer window into his contract. If they were not there and he was sacked then JJ would have been entitled to have his contract paid up wouldn’t he?

I think describing Martin as “doing a bit of IT work” is very disrespectful of someone with vast experience in IT and is providing the data that will guide decisions, so yes, I hope he does have a big input into the recruitment process because of these very skills.

I think Roddy was a good football person with an impressive background in the development of players that would help us achieve Cat1 status first and foremost, and who also had leadership skills to help build a team to manage all aspects of the footballing backup side of the Club. 
    You describe him as ‘Head of recruitment’. I thought he was appointed as ‘Technical Director’? You know best of course. 
    Did Roddy head up the recruitment team, yes or no?  Regardless of his job title?

There is documented evidence from him, Gallen, Adkins and Sandgaard that he did BTW.  So I am not just asking you to take my word for it.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Get a dictionary and look up overheads and wages.  Although you probably think the club is worth about 100 million now.......
    But when Roland owned the club most were saying that paying the bills was the bare minimum an owner should do. What's changed? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    But when Roland owned the club most were saying that paying the bills was the bare minimum an owner should do. What's changed? 
    Nothing, but Napa is implying Thomas has made money.  He obviously hasn't.  

Roland spent a fortune as well though, he spent it very badly but he spent it.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m sure I read this elsewhere but I got told this this week that Sandgaard made JJ pick Burstow to get an extra payment out of Chelsea  
    I have heard that elsewhere.  I believe it comes from the same source and alleged conversation as the contract situation Thomas denied yesterday. 
    I can't believe this is true tbh. MB made about 5 starts after he was sold and they were mainly because we had no other options. As soon as we had players back he was dropped. If we did get extra money from Chelsea, then that was a happy accident.
    It's a specific reference to why he played in the Morcambe game. 
    @Cafc43v3r ah right, didn't realise that. Did think it was strange he started that game, with Connor (and Chuks) on the bench. Just checked and Washington had played the previous few games too, so wasn't injured as such.
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Is that fair?

The recruitment section reported into Roddy. He was also on transfer committee (with TS, SG,NA)
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

Is that fair?

Planning the shipments of medical equipment and making sure the website works in your dad's Colorado based business is clearly a solid grounding for player analysis at an English 3rd division football club.