Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard is not Charlton

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Bed wetters out as usual.

we’ve protested over managers being told what players to pick, delayed games due to huge under funding and money ball transfers…

now we have boycotters over a poor manager being sacked, and sacked via anything other than face to face.

Jesus wept 
    Boycotting is basically part of Charlton fan culture now!
  • Options
    Piss poor. How silly does he look playing his stupid guitar on the pitch now
  • Options
    The “failure” of Bowyer, Adkins and JJ in the post as Manager reflects very poorly on the club. We tried inexperienced and experienced, insiders and outsiders. Do we know what we want? 
  • Options
    It doesn't mean I agree with it  however I was made redundant by phone from none other than a UK University...its the way things are done nowadays.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Of course Sandgaard isnt Charlton... He's never lived in the area so why would he be a supporter of the club - This is something that the Accrington owner warned us of a few years ago.

To an extent I cant see Andrew Barclay etc. being any different, other than the fact he'd have PV to potentially advise him - He'd still probably do what he thinks is best for himself, before the club. 
  • Options
    It doesn't mean I agree with it  however I was made redundant by phone from none other than a UK University...its the way things are done nowadays.
    Exactly; we received some devastating news over the phone on Saturday night / Sunday morning, from the NHS. 
  • Options
    Was he hired by phone, had meeting by phone etc?

I wouldn't like be sacked by phone but if my boss lives 5,000 miles away, then surely its part for the course!

how did Adkins get sacked, I think Tommy was in the country at that point. Most agreed on here that Tommy should have sacked him earlier, would it have been acceptable if Tommy sacked Adkins by phone two weeks earlier?
    What if your boss has been in the country and you’d seen him days before?
  • Options
    That doesn't mean it is right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a bad smell about this. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I firmly believe that if JJ had stayed in charge we would not be promoted next year, but then I don’t think we will be anyway.
    I think we still have two seasons to go in this league and promotion will coincide with our current youth players maturing into the side.
    The expectations of some sort of quick fix of our Club after years of abuse were wishful but unrealistic in my opinion. I believe we are moving in the right direction by going with Cat 1 and improving the coaching and medical teams.
    Our youth teams under Hamza are playing the way that TS says he wants, and both teams (especially the under 18’s) are easy on the eye and play some fantastic football. It is why I wanted Jason Euell and not JJ.
    Still do. I get those who don’t want a Charlton link again, but I think he has talent, the ideas, the enthusiasm, together with the coaching experience, to be a very good manager.

• Options
    I have it on good authority that he sacked JJ via a tick tock video................
    I heard he hired a plane with a banner.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Prince Andrew would lose his shit if he heard about this method of communication

Sandgaurd has lost honourable points 

• Options
    People messing their nappy about whether it was done over the blower. Same people that whine when they get dumped by text. The outcome is the same irrespective of the method. It’s business ffs.
  • Options
    I have it on good authority that he sacked JJ via a tick tock video................
    Reports say it was done by drone in his front garden! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    sammy391 said:
    Bed wetters out as usual.

we’ve protested over managers being told what players to pick, delayed games due to huge under funding and money ball transfers…

now we have boycotters over a poor manager being sacked, and sacked via anything other than face to face.

Jesus wept 
    Boycotting is basically part of Charlton fan culture now!
    I am going to boycott the second syllable in protest, so henceforth I am a fervent supporter of Charl and maybe in sympathy watch only the first half which, with a bit of luck, will include the good 10 minutes.

• Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally if i was being made redundant, i'd rather it was done by phone. Avoids the face to face awkwardness, fake handshakes, then having to get up and leave the room.

You can just say my agent will be in touch regarding the pay off settlement, put the phone down and it's done.
     To a man that's given the service he has?

Bit shit house isn't it?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I firmly believe that if JJ had stayed in charge we would not be promoted next year, but then I don’t think we will be anyway.
    I think we still have two seasons to go in this league and promotion will coincide with our current youth players maturing into the side.
    The expectations of some sort of quick fix of our Club after years of abuse were wishful but unrealistic in my opinion. I believe we are moving in the right direction by going with Cat 1 and improving the coaching and medical teams.
    Our youth teams under Hamza are playing the way that TS says he wants, and both teams (especially the under 18’s) are easy on the eye and play some fantastic football. It is why I wanted Jason Euell and not JJ.
    Still do. I get those who don’t want a Charlton link again, but I think he has talent, the ideas, the enthusiasm, together with the coaching experience, to be a very good manager.

I would imagine this situation makes Euell even less likely to want the job than he has before.
  • Options
    Personally if i was being made redundant, i'd rather it was done by phone. Avoids the face to face awkwardness, fake handshakes, then having to get up and leave the room.

You can just say my agent will be in touch regarding the pay off settlement, put the phone down and it's done.
     To a man that's given the service he has?

Bit shit house isn't it?
    Everyone will have their own preference (of course the preference is to not be sacked at all), but for me avoiding the awkwardness is better. I honestly wouldn't care if it was a phone call, it's not like it'd be a long conversation anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Phone call, Zoom call, whatever, the honeymoon for Sandgaard is clearly over, some fans wanted Jackson out and that decision will be better looked at with a lot of hindsight. Sandgaard is running out of faith, with the fans, and time to realise his long term plan, get the next decisions wrong and the sacking of Jackson will be reassessed just as Adkins sacking is now. 
  • Options
    The incoming will be cheap and desperate. This is not an owner who is going to shock us all. Unless of course he appoints a woman. 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    The incoming will be cheap and desperate. This is not an owner who is going to shock us all. Unless of course he appoints a woman. 
    Do we want another “big” past their best like Adkins? Recruitment didn’t help him, but JJ got more out this squad than Adkins did.

Personally I’d rather we gambled on Beale or someone doing well and playing good football at a smaller club.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I always got the feeling that TS never wanted JJ as permanent boss, which that is why he took a while to make it so and mainly because of the fans. Probably why he gave him a contract that if he did not do well he could sack him with less compensation
    Yup, that’s how I saw it.  
  • Options
    Let’s face it, we don’t know how it happened. What we do know is that TS was over at the weekend and will have met with JJ. We also know, I think, that JJ’s contract required a top 8 finish. TS will have been waiting to see how near we were going to get but it’s been clear for some time that top 8 was not achievable.

I suspect the writing was on the wall before the Ipswich game which may explain the capitulation. Remember we got stuffed 3-0 in Russell Slade’s last game, no doubt for similar reasons.