Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

So what do we need to do about this very large element that always pops up when England play in a major tournament? 

Call it 'great atmosphere' and 'making a presence' but there's nothing more embarrassing than English fans drunk at 10am basically swarming all over London and causing damage wherever they go. 

Got to the point where hundreds of them smashed through a gate, covid security and the concourse to break into the game without a ticket. 

If we ever hoped to host a world Cup again, these fans will make sure it will never happen in our lifetimes. 

Comments

• edited July 2021
    its not just sport though is it protests last summer had a lot of these twats in attendance - it doesn't help with the way our police aren't allowed to police 

was out in marseille - yes was a bit of agg but the english out there were giving it back and prior to the russians and locals starting were acting like twats in my experience its usually the northerners that seem to be the biggest pricks of the lot - usually blackburn and burnley are high up on the twat scale.

last night atmosphere was terrible could tell many so called england fans had sold there tickets. 

semi was unreal and as was germany but last night yeah ive been to a final but really wish i hadnt bothered. 
  • Being drunk isn't the problem it is a large minority that think being a lad is important and trying to out do others makes you a legend. Shame bell end's behaviour is magnified by booze and they are what is noticed most.
  • Atmosphere wasn't even that good at the match, lots of quiet periods
  • It was a mixture of supporter and local London pond life fake rude Bois. Most the people around me were like 15 and clearly couldn’t afford a ticket. Gangs of like 30 hood rats just being pricks.
  • I picked my son up from my Brother’s house in Kilburn yesterday lunchtime - drove back through central London (stupidly) - around Piccadilly and Trafalgar Square was chaos, with thousands of pissed up twats milling around, standing in the road, letting off flares etc etc - unfortunately, big England games attract complete idiots 
  • Ive already used Italian fans as an example but let me explain.
    My wife is from an Italian family, they certainly seem to have a particular way of raising their children, and in this country it’s gone a bit weird; she is also a teacher and some of the stories I hear about parents conduct leaves me shaking my head.
    It seems ok in this country now for 8 year old jimmy to call some a fucking wanker or punch another child because they’re ‘learning to stick up for themselves’!
    My wife gave the example with her mum’s family, the Italian side, if they did something wrong, and she meant something really minor, she would get crucified (bad pun) and grandma would be straight on the phone and then be round in person to do the same, followed by all the other grandparents; then it would be all the Aunts and uncles!
    Watching their fans celebrate it didnt look like a single one of them wanted to kick off for whatever reason, Ok they won but it would have been the same either way.
    Is it just lazy parenting? Dad just wants to be in the pub/so doesn’t stop to think about the example he’s setting? Big subject I know…

Why in this country do we have this ridiculous ’Bro’ culture?
  • Sponsored links:

My wife is from an Italian family, they certainly seem to have a particular way of raising their children, and in this country it’s gone a bit weird; she is also a teacher and some of the stories I hear about parents conduct leaves me shaking my head.
    It seems ok in this country now for 8 year old jimmy to call some a fucking wanker or punch another child because they’re ‘learning to stick up for themselves’!
    My wife gave the example with her mum’s family, the Italian side, if they did something wrong, and she meant something really minor, she would get crucified (bad pun) and grandma would be straight on the phone and then be round in person to do the same, followed by all the other grandparents; then it would be all the Aunts and uncles!
    Watching their fans celebrate it didnt look like a single one of them wanted to kick off for whatever reason, Ok they won but it would have been the same either way.
    Is it just lazy parenting? Dad just wants to be in the pub/so doesn’t stop to think about the example he’s setting? Big subject I know…

Erm, this the same Italian culture that chants money noises at Lukaku and who’s main tv broadcaster taunted him with bananas. I must have mistaken all those lovely Napoli and Roma fans that stab people as law abiding citizens!

Every country has dickheads. 
    Ok so have I used a bad example and I’m not saying England bad Italy good, but I’ve never once felt unsafe when over there and that includes the Hotel in Rome where we had to step over a dead body outside!

Why does it seem we have more dickheads?
  • Dickhead ratio in our country seems to be through the roof atm, and this lot just need an excuse to gather and kick off. Doesn't even have to be football, they'd smash up the place for any occasion.
  • Sad to see how many wankers on Twitter etc are in support of those 'jibbing' in last night. Scumbag mentality. 
  • Heavy alcohol drinking plays the most important part in it. A lot of the cretins think they can drink much more than they can actually handle.
    ‘Overserving’ is a big no no in a lot of countries, doesn’t always seem the case here.
  • Sponsored links:

Erm, this the same Italian culture that chants money noises at Lukaku and who’s main tv broadcaster taunted him with bananas. I must have mistaken all those lovely Napoli and Roma fans that stab people as law abiding citizens!

Every country has dickheads. 
    Ok so have I used a bad example and I’m not saying England bad Italy good, but I’ve never once felt unsafe when over there and that includes the Hotel in Rome where we had to step over a dead body outside!

Why does it seem we have more dickheads?
    Probably because you notice them more as you feel they represent the same country as you and therefore it’s an embarrassment. We have pissed up dickheads of course but when it comes to football violence we aren’t even close to some other places.
  • edited July 2021
    What makes me laugh is that when these tw*ts go abroad they moan/cry about how unfairly they have been treated by the local police. 
  • English people, SOME English people, have been getting drunk and acting up for hundreds of years.  We're famous for it.

Wellington called his army the "scum of the earth".  European mothers threatened their misbehaving children that they would fetch an English soldier to sort them out if they didn't behave so bad was the behaviour of some of that "thin red line of heroes".

SOME English people get drunk and act up every weekend in towns and cities up and down the country.

And there are even people in other countries who aren't English who get pissed and act up.

Football just gives them a focus for their getting pissed and acting up and means the cameras are there.

It's nothing to do with discipline in schools, bringing back the birch, PC/Woke, the decline of empire, Brexit, Covid19, video games or any other popular excuse.

Hooligans (the original 1890s ones), razor gangs, teddy boys, mods and rockers, skinheads, bootboys, casuals, there is a long list of delinquent youth groups who's problems were caused by too much cinema or TV or stopping conscription or the cane or whatever the supposed demons were then.

There's just a minority, and it is a minority, of people who like getting pissed and acting up.  Is there a problem with the way the English (and the British) view and deal with alcohol?  Yes, there is IMHO but it's nothing to do with football or some national decline in standards. We've been piss head idiots (some of us) for centuries. 
    The major difference now is that everyone knows about anything of note within minutes. Only 25 years ago fans breaking in would have been a footnote on the news, possibly with an eyewitness report - that we get to see it from 101 different angles means it becomes a bigger story.

That said, I do think a dose of national service and a quick birching would help restore a bit of decorum to the place. 
  • Heavy alcohol drinking plays the most important part in it. A lot of the cretins think they can drink much more than they can actually handle.
    ‘Overserving’ is a big no no in a lot of countries, doesn’t always seem the case here.
    Most of the fans that were at the Globe went and bought booze from the local Tescos/Sainsbury’s in Baker Street. Not sure how that can be controlled other than the shops closing down during football. But then the local people miss out.
  • They could kick fans out who are too pissed.