Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

Comments

• Carter said:
    He is an estate agent, I'd be in favour of locking him in a room full of sexually aggressive silverback gorillas and that was before he showed the world his bigotry 

@The_Organiser I'm not surprised to hear Maidstone had incidents or was carnage but I am surprised I haven't been spammed with smartphone videos of it. Same for Rochester and Chatham especially after the mayhem for the Colombia game down the command house. 

@sunbury-addick I can't share your happiness I'm afraid. Turn that on its head and if I tell you about someone I know who has a budget of about 500 for a car but as he can't get a reliable, tidy car for that he robbed one. 

I was very resentful after trying and trying to get tickets through the portal and not being successful then seeing people who I guarantee have not done the hard yards of supporting a club let alone the country being there really wound me up I'm not even talking about famous people in posh seats. 

First qualifier in Hungary coming up though so maybe we will see a new crowd of travelling England fan 
    Silly analogy - he didn't steal a seat that was taken, he is a fervent Charlton / England fan - despite your comments I am still proud of the fellas commitment to the cause. Today, he is just gutted that we lost.
  • Thing I can’t get my head around is, if this was planned (jib in), why wasn’t it part of the policing plan/operation?

If there was ever any hint of fans forcing their way in at any game I organised the policing for there was always a pre planned way of dealing with it. I can’t believe they didn’t have intelligence to suggest it was a possibility.

And don’t get me started about which eejit allowed heras fencing as a deterrent, Christ!
    It all points to one thing!
    I reckon our Tone is doing a spot of moonlighting 😂
  • Carter said:
    He is an estate agent, I'd be in favour of locking him in a room full of sexually aggressive silverback gorillas and that was before he showed the world his bigotry 

@The_Organiser I'm not surprised to hear Maidstone had incidents or was carnage but I am surprised I haven't been spammed with smartphone videos of it. Same for Rochester and Chatham especially after the mayhem for the Colombia game down the command house. 

@sunbury-addick I can't share your happiness I'm afraid. Turn that on its head and if I tell you about someone I know who has a budget of about 500 for a car but as he can't get a reliable, tidy car for that he robbed one. 

I was very resentful after trying and trying to get tickets through the portal and not being successful then seeing people who I guarantee have not done the hard yards of supporting a club let alone the country being there really wound me up I'm not even talking about famous people in posh seats. 

First qualifier in Hungary coming up though so maybe we will see a new crowd of travelling England fan 
    Silly analogy - he didn't steal a seat that was taken, he is a fervent Charlton / England fan - despite your comments I am still proud of the fellas commitment to the cause. Today, he is just gutted that we lost.

"Families of England stars were left terrified and forced to run from ticketless hooligans forcing their way into Wembley.

Thugs threatened, abused and refused to move from their seats in the family section inside the stadium with several players reporting their loved ones and friends were caught up in shocking scenes.

Italy boss Roberto Mancini’s own son Andrea was also left without a seat and was forced to watch the first half while sitting on the steps before stewards were able to calm things down.

Andrea Mancini said: “There was a mess with ticketless fans and my seat had been taken, so I had to watch the first half sitting in the stadium’s steps. I found another place in the second half. Perhaps it brought good luck.”"

"The family section proved to be one of the hotspots because the guests had been entertained at the nearby Hilton Hotel, walked across with less than an hour to kick off only to find their seats had been taken.

The family of one squad member asked two fans to leave their seats and were met with “abuse, threats and shocking language” as they steadfastly refused.

Stewards were too afraid to intervene and had to do it in stages, largely moving in when the thugs went to the toilet or left their seats at half time."

Sorry mate but hope him and anyone else that broke into the Stadium are banned for life. 

I will be delighted if they are banned.
  • edited July 2021
    Carter said:

Sunbury he could top up with a big ban though surely he wouldn't be happy with that?
  • Carter said:

"Families of England stars were left terrified and forced to run from ticketless hooligans forcing their way into Wembley.

Thugs threatened, abused and refused to move from their seats in the family section inside the stadium with several players reporting their loved ones and friends were caught up in shocking scenes.

Italy boss Roberto Mancini’s own son Andrea was also left without a seat and was forced to watch the first half while sitting on the steps before stewards were able to calm things down.

Andrea Mancini said: “There was a mess with ticketless fans and my seat had been taken, so I had to watch the first half sitting in the stadium’s steps. I found another place in the second half. Perhaps it brought good luck.”"

"The family section proved to be one of the hotspots because the guests had been entertained at the nearby Hilton Hotel, walked across with less than an hour to kick off only to find their seats had been taken.

The family of one squad member asked two fans to leave their seats and were met with “abuse, threats and shocking language” as they steadfastly refused.

Stewards were too afraid to intervene and had to do it in stages, largely moving in when the thugs went to the toilet or left their seats at half time."

Sorry mate but hope him and anyone else that broke into the Stadium are banned for life. 

Well I doubt he will ever be found out, he is just not on any radar. Banned for life, a 19 yr old ? Who did not want to miss the match of his life and would have made sure not to sit in an allocated seat (about 30,00 unallocated) and not engage in any of the above antics.
  • Rothko said:
    Lawrence is having his shows pulled by venues at the moment, call it consequence culture
    I'm sure he just wants the publicity - could be the new Katie Hopkins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

All just 'banter' I'm sure. 
    Good to see the account no longer exists.
    Hopefully his next live show in Worcester is a flop!!
    He’s had a lot of his shows cancelled.
  • bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

He unlawfully gained entry to an event for which he had not paid. It was a Covid Test event with restricted capacity which he and others unlawfully exceeded. Everyone that gained lawful entry would have needed a negative Covid test no longer than 48 hours prior to the game.

You and I have very different views on behaviour that deserves pride. - and I couldn't give a toss that he is a fervent Charlton/England fan.

Fair enough - the poor little bugger has been cooped up for the best part of 18 months at his age - I remain pleased for him. He saw no trouble / storming, a different plan - that succeeded.
  • Carter said:

Well I doubt he will ever be found out, he is just not on any radar. Banned for life, a 19 yr old ? Who did not want to miss the match of his life and would have made sure not to sit in an allocated seat (about 30,00 unallocated) and not engage in any of the above antics.
    I know plenty of people got in yesterday through Tailgating. Most got it quietly so won’t be picked up by cameras etc. Probably worth not bragging as will probably end up with banning orders etc.
  • Carter said:

Plenty of England fans that have done the hard miles didn’t want to miss the match but they didn’t just run in the stadium if this chaps such a so called fan if he didn’t get in where would he of watched the game? 
    I can assure you, he did not just "run in the stadium" - after exhausting every avenue to get a ticket he did plenty of research on how to get into a notoriously easy stadium to bunk into without causing harm or stress to anyone.
  • Of course he has not done the hard miles - he is 19 - pretty sure he will though.
  • Close relative of mine bunked in, he is 19, a lovely hardworking lad, he exhausted every avenue to buy a ticket with a budget of £500 - when I got the news he was in - I was delighted for him.
    If he’s such a lovely lad why was he doing that? Were all the others lovely hard working lads too? If not why was he with them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Plenty of England fans that have done the hard miles didn’t want to miss the match but they didn’t just run in the stadium if this chaps such a so called fan if he didn’t get in where would he of watched the game? 
    I can assure you, he did not just "run in the stadium" - after exhausting every avenue to get a ticket he did plenty of research on how to get into a notoriously easy stadium to bunk into without causing harm or stress to anyone.
    Entered the stadium without paying - end of you can think it’s a good thing IMO makes him no better than the ones that caused problems all get the same net end result - in the ground without paying increasing numbers 
  • Carter said:

I know plenty of people got in yesterday through Tailgating. Most got it quietly so won’t be picked up by cameras etc. Probably worth not bragging as will probably end up with banning orders etc.
    You are right - he has not got his name on any social media associated with yesterday. Got a good clip of him from SSN tho' when they showed a section of fans cheering the boys on
  • Carter said:

Bin dipper behaviour. Proper muggy tbh
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

He unlawfully gained entry to an event for which he had not paid. It was a Covid Test event with restricted capacity which he and others unlawfully exceeded. Everyone that gained lawful entry would have needed a negative Covid test no longer than 48 hours prior to the game.

You and I have very different views on behaviour that deserves pride. - and I couldn't give a toss that he is a fervent Charlton/England fan.

Fair enough - the poor little bugger has been cooped up for the best part of 18 months at his age - I remain pleased for him. He saw no trouble / storming, a different plan - that succeeded.

Ah bless his little cotton socks.

You are attempting to defend the indefensible - and failing miserably.
    Sorry, but I don't care - I was happy when I saw that he was in 30 mins before kick - off
  • Carter said:

Walked into the stadium without a covid test done. Very cool, well done him. 

Least he's 19 so it won't be him affected, it'll be everyone else around him. 
    You needed a covid test, and result, to get through first line of stewards - he had that.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:

Ah bless his little cotton socks.

You are attempting to defend the indefensible - and failing miserably.
    Sorry, but I don't care - I was happy when I saw that he was in 30 mins before kick - off
    Well at least you're pleased. It's a shame we have to pay for things.
  • Croydon said:
    Carter said:

Bin dipper behaviour. Proper muggy tbh
    Sort of behaviour you would expect in .... Croydon ?