Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

Comments

• Why is posting something like that fair game but if you made similar broad brush statements about any other group people would have a fit. I really don't get the double standards.
    Because it shows that before the game they were supporting the players.

But then immediately following the game Rashford, Sterling, Sancho and Saka's Instagram and twitter were filled with monkey emoji, bananas and the n-word. 

Do you really think the fans sending racial abuse to those players are black? 
    Not quite an accurate interpretation of the truth though is it. Before the game there were 30 odd million people tuning in supporting the players. After the game a few scumbags took their anger out on our black players. Of course it's not acceptable, it's absolutely disgusting but I'm sick of reading about how England fans are all violent scumbags. It's a very small minority who have unfortunately ruined it for the majority who are just genuinely gutted without feeling the need to attack anyone. 
    I agree with you. 

The problem comes that usually the racism in this country is swept under a rug time and time again until the next major event. The problem is never dealt with and then people can't understand why footballers still feel the need to take the knee. 
    I'm not quite sure that's the truth anymore, racism is (quite rightly) being taken a lot more serious these days. Of course the major issue is tracking them down given they are very rarely man enough to do it unless it's behind a keyboard on a fake account. I do genuinely believe we will see a huge shift in the next few years with lots of efforts being done to curb it. How successful it will be is naturally, unknown at the moment. Unfortunately like all forms of immoral/unlawful actions, it's always going to occur, we just all need to help minimise this as much as possible. 

• All just 'banter' I'm sure. 

• I could be really lucky but I haven't seen anything but support for the players who missed their penalties on social media. 

I'm glad thats a reflection of who I chose to be friends with but a really quick trawl of twitter and the racial abuse is there to be seen. What I also clocked was no shortage of people calling it out and in the case of Jamie East going a bit Colombo and tracking people down like that moron estate agent 

At least the crowd making a mess in trafalgar Square were fairly racially diverse

• Sponsored links:

• @sunbury-addick, call it a day.
    You may well be right that the boy is a good lad, BUT yesterday he was massively in the wrong.
    A day has been called.
  • @sunbury-addick you’re the perfect fit to step in as that ‘comedian’s’ agent! I can see the tour promo now: “yes I’m a racist but I plan my material carefully “
  • Stig said:
    Carter said:
    I could be really lucky but I haven't seen anything but support for the players who missed their penalties on social media. 

I'm glad thats a reflection of who I chose to be friends with but a really quick trawl of twitter and the racial abuse is there to be seen. What I also clocked was no shortage of people calling it out and in the case of Jamie East going a bit Colombo and tracking people down like that moron estate agent 

At least the crowd making a mess in trafalgar Square were fairly racially diverse

I really hope that when the season starts, real football fans show all the England players their support. Especially those that were brave enough to take penalties. Sadly, we probably won't get to see any of them at The Valley, but if we do I'll be applauding when they take to the pitch.
    Depends on the club they are playing against I reckon. 

I always used to give whoever was the England keeper a short applause when David James, Robinson, Seaman, Green etc assumed their position in front of the covered end goal. David James always reciprocated from memory, dont remember any of the others doing so. Rob Green might have had songs sung at him about letting his country down in hindsight but he was at QPR at the time and it was years after he made 1 mistake 

Club football is tribal so I wouldn't expect a rapturous loving applause throughout the game and its easier to show appreciation for keepers 
  • It has always  been this way. Rise above it. Social media gives them a profile that wasnt before. Ignore.

• bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Carter said:
    He is an estate agent, I'd be in favour of locking him in a room full of sexually aggressive silverback gorillas and that was before he showed the world his bigotry 

@The_Organiser I'm not surprised to hear Maidstone had incidents or was carnage but I am surprised I haven't been spammed with smartphone videos of it. Same for Rochester and Chatham especially after the mayhem for the Colombia game down the command house. 

@sunbury-addick I can't share your happiness I'm afraid. Turn that on its head and if I tell you about someone I know who has a budget of about 500 for a car but as he can't get a reliable, tidy car for that he robbed one. 

I was very resentful after trying and trying to get tickets through the portal and not being successful then seeing people who I guarantee have not done the hard yards of supporting a club let alone the country being there really wound me up I'm not even talking about famous people in posh seats. 

First qualifier in Hungary coming up though so maybe we will see a new crowd of travelling England fan 
    Silly analogy - he didn't steal a seat that was taken, he is a fervent Charlton / England fan - despite your comments I am still proud of the fellas commitment to the cause. Today, he is just gutted that we lost.
    He unlawfully gained entry to an event for which he had not paid. It was a Covid Test event with restricted capacity which he and others unlawfully exceeded. Everyone that gained lawful entry would have needed a negative Covid test no longer than 48 hours prior to the game.

You and I have very different views on behaviour that deserves pride. - and I couldn't give a toss that he is a fervent Charlton/England fan.

Fair enough - the poor little bugger has been cooped up for the best part of 18 months at his age - I remain pleased for him. He saw no trouble / storming, a different plan - that succeeded.

Ah bless his little cotton socks.

You are attempting to defend the indefensible - and failing miserably.
    Sorry, but I don't care - I was happy when I saw that he was in 30 mins before kick - off
    Happy for him I was stood outside for 45 mins and missed the national anthem due to these selfish cunts storming ticket barriers that I unfortunately share the same country with.
    He didn't storm anything, arrived at 2pm, executed his researched plan at around 19.15, posted a pic to our private group at 19.30 in a full Wembley - how you could arrive so late to miss national anthems, red arrows etc. is beyond me - it was 8pm on a Sunday ffs 
    You do realise, nothing is ever truly private.

🤔
  • se9addick said:
    ct_addick said:
    In the USA it's illegal to drink in public...... out in the open while walking around streets and really only allowed in pubs restaurants and bars....That might be something to consider....and yes I know the USA has ridiculous gun laws 
    Not on the Las Vegas strip! 
    Or on golf courses, tailgates etc
    Nope, you don’t get those - golf courses are private property, tailgating also takes place in private areas. I’m only aware of two places where you can drink in a public area - LV and the French Quarter in New Orleans. There may be others, and sometimes the Police don’t enforce it. We have a local music festival here where the police ignore people drinking from cans, but if they need to arrest you for something else, you’ll be charged with public drinking as well. 

Someone else mentioned overserving. Bars here are really careful about that as they, as a business, and the bartender asan individual, can be held legally responsible if a drunk is involved in an accident. I see people getting refused service all the time. 

Stop the drinking in public areas would be a start. If people have to drink in pubs you can get two mitigating factors - price, and making pubs responsible for their customers conduct. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is posting something like that fair game but if you made similar broad brush statements about any other group people would have a fit. I really don't get the double standards.

But then immediately following the game Rashford, Sterling, Sancho and Saka's Instagram and twitter were filled with monkey emoji, bananas and the n-word. 

Not quite an accurate interpretation of the truth though is it. Before the game there were 30 odd million people tuning in supporting the players. After the game a few scumbags took their anger out on our black players. Of course it's not acceptable, it's absolutely disgusting but I'm sick of reading about how England fans are all violent scumbags. It's a very small minority who have unfortunately ruined it for the majority who are just genuinely gutted without feeling the need to attack anyone. 
    Do you recognise that there is a deeply embedded problem with racism in British society?

Your post reads as if you don't. Have I got you wrong?
  • @sunbury-addick, call it a day.
    You may well be right that the boy is a good lad, BUT yesterday he was massively in the wrong.
    A day has been called.
    Oh dear.
  • @sunbury-addick has disagreed with all the polite and constructive criticism put his way.
    There is no helping some people.
  • Carter said:
    He is an estate agent, I'd be in favour of locking him in a room full of sexually aggressive silverback gorillas and that was before he showed the world his bigotry 

@The_Organiser I'm not surprised to hear Maidstone had incidents or was carnage but I am surprised I haven't been spammed with smartphone videos of it. Same for Rochester and Chatham especially after the mayhem for the Colombia game down the command house. 

@sunbury-addick I can't share your happiness I'm afraid. Turn that on its head and if I tell you about someone I know who has a budget of about 500 for a car but as he can't get a reliable, tidy car for that he robbed one. 

I was very resentful after trying and trying to get tickets through the portal and not being successful then seeing people who I guarantee have not done the hard yards of supporting a club let alone the country being there really wound me up I'm not even talking about famous people in posh seats. 

First qualifier in Hungary coming up though so maybe we will see a new crowd of travelling England fan 
    Can guarantee you that none of the morons chucking pint glasses in Leicester square or trying to bust through gates and get in for free, have any intention of following England away.

I do however believe that the Euro's will have ignited the passion for the national team and we'll surely see an increase in memberships. First 2 away games in September aren't for the faint hearted though, Hungary and Poland away.

I agree with you. 

The problem comes that usually the racism in this country is swept under a rug time and time again until the next major event. The problem is never dealt with and then people can't understand why footballers still feel the need to take the knee. 
    I'm not quite sure that's the truth anymore, racism is (quite rightly) being taken a lot more serious these days. Of course the major issue is tracking them down given they are very rarely man enough to do it unless it's behind a keyboard on a fake account. I do genuinely believe we will see a huge shift in the next few years with lots of efforts being done to curb it. How successful it will be is naturally, unknown at the moment. Unfortunately like all forms of immoral/unlawful actions, it's always going to occur, we just all need to help minimise this as much as possible. 
    Whilst it would be better to track them all down, the reality is you only have to track a few down and make a public spectacle of them. Some seem to have made it reasonably easy to find them. Information about one has even been given by a poster on here.
  • 'sometimes when you're in a hole you just need to stop digging'
  • Any of the idiots who get caught breaking in to the ground or smashing up things outside,will get a slap on the wrists,and then give it large to all their mates.Answer,a nice portion of porridge,see how quick they do it again.