Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    It’s been so sad reading about what happened surrounding the final and just shows how toxic some people can be.

On the flip side I was so happy with how my fellow Englishman and opposing Italians behaved in Shanghai, I went to the bar that had 1,800 people in in, probably 70% English, 30% Italian (with some Chinese supporting either side) and whilst there was loss of good natured banter there was never a hint of trouble. Anyone coming from the designated Italian area to the toilets had to walk through the massive crowd of mostly drunk English fans (3am kick off, you can imagine when many started drinking) and there was literally zero aggression shown at any point. 
    To be fair, only an absolute moron would cause any public trouble in China, especially a huge city like Shanghai.

For those that have not had the good fortune to go to China, worth knowing that there are huge “State Security” offices all over town and they can rustle up thousands of heavily armed Police at a moments notice.

You do NOT want to get put in a Chinese prison.
    You’d be very, very surprised, I know Kunming is out in the sticks but things used to kick off most weekends in the old nightclub area, before the government had the entire area bulldozed. 

These were the same places that had ‘magic straws’ in their menus, a massive pile of ket. 
  • Options
    Wembley seems to be an absolute Petri dish for covid spreading I’ve done a lateral flow test every day since last Sunday and nothing yet 
    I thought you only caught Covid quite recently?
    If I'm right, you're very unlikely to catch it twice within a couple of months.
  • Options
    Wembley seems to be an absolute Petri dish for covid spreading I’ve done a lateral flow test every day since last Sunday and nothing yet 
    I think you’re right. I was checking the NHS app earlier to see if my pass had arrived after getting second vaccine, and there was a section that said you can have a natural immunity covid pass that lasts 180 days (I think) if you tested positive beforehand. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yep had it in End of feb start of March and have 1 jab so far my covid pass runs out on 11th august which is immunity from having it back in feb. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I think you’re right. I was checking the NHS app earlier to see if my pass had arrived after getting second vaccine, and there was a section that said you can have a natural immunity covid pass that lasts 180 days (I think) if you tested positive beforehand. 
    Isn't it that this varies from person to person. I know my brother had Covid and was tested for and had the antibodies but Sound As has said on here that he was tested after having it bad and he didn't. Not a scientific study but interesting.

A bit like Idris Elba saying at the very beginning of the pandemic that he had tested positive but felt fine. This was at the time when asymptomatic spread was not fully understood and not factored in. I appreciate, it couldn't have been known that somebody testing positive could spread it if they felt fine, but it must have been a strong possibility. 

Things I can't still quite work out/understand.
  • Options
    It’s been so sad reading about what happened surrounding the final and just shows how toxic some people can be.

On the flip side I was so happy with how my fellow Englishman and opposing Italians behaved in Shanghai, I went to the bar that had 1,800 people in in, probably 70% English, 30% Italian (with some Chinese supporting either side) and whilst there was loss of good natured banter there was never a hint of trouble. Anyone coming from the designated Italian area to the toilets had to walk through the massive crowd of mostly drunk English fans (3am kick off, you can imagine when many started drinking) and there was literally zero aggression shown at any point. 
    To be fair, only an absolute moron would cause any public trouble in China, especially a huge city like Shanghai.

For those that have not had the good fortune to go to China, worth knowing that there are huge “State Security” offices all over town and they can rustle up thousands of heavily armed Police at a moments notice.

You do NOT want to get put in a Chinese prison.
    You’d be very, very surprised, I know Kunming is out in the sticks but things used to kick off most weekends in the old nightclub area, before the government had the entire area bulldozed. 

These were the same places that had ‘magic straws’ in their menus, a massive pile of ket. 
    That's one way to solve a problem!