Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of 'fans' during International tournaments

Comments

• Options
    Trying to be a glass half full person, so just to leave this here (and accepting that there will be important exclusions from these figures and this is definitely not football-specific). This is a graph of the official ONS estimates for violent crime in England and Wales. It shows that violent crime has reduced very markedly (by about two-thirds) in the past 20 years and is currently at it lowest level since figures were first collected in 1982.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Hope he got paid well for that interview as it’s basically his confession that hopefully will lead to him seeing the inside of a prison cell. 

What goes on in the mind of people like this?  An absolute idiot.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Huskaris said:
    Sounds like that man who put a flare up his bum had one hell of a day. 

Just heard on the radio he drank 20 cans of cider, snorted loads of cocaine, put a flare up his bum then stormed in to Wembley without a ticket. 

He apparently said when asked "I'm not sorry" 

I have to admit I did laugh but my god I worry how many people like him there are in society. 
    Beat me to it

Dropped most of his packet on the floor from the videos I've seen
  • Options
    Trying to be a glass half full person, so just to leave this here (and accepting that there will be important exclusions from these figures and this is definitely not football-specific). This is a graph of the official ONS estimates for violent crime in England and Wales. It shows that violent crime has reduced very markedly (by about two-thirds) in the past 20 years and is currently at it lowest level since figures were first collected in 1982.

Strange as it may sound, the removal of lead from petrol has lowered violent crime rates in every country that has banned leaded petrol. In the US you could even see crime levels falls in the same pattern as state by state lead was banned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead–crime_hypothesis
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    What we need to consider is why Rugby and Cricket crowds are far more well behaved and they enjoy a drink. Why did us and Sunderland and many other fans from other clubs manage to strike the balance? Maybe, all we have to do is stop the minority that are total immature pricks going and it is as simple as that. Maybe the Police and FA have to get their finger out and start actually banning these idiots.
  • Options
    What we need to consider is why Rugby and Cricket crowds are far more well behaved and they enjoy a drink. Why did us and Sunderland and many other fans from other clubs manage to strike the balance? Maybe, all we have to do is stop the minority that are total immature pricks going and it is as simple as that. Maybe the Police and FA have to get their finger out and start actually banning these idiots.
    Maybe sterilise the parents so no more of these types are created? 
  • Options
    Football is played on the street corner, rugby and cricket generally aren’t, is there a connection between where football is the accepted sport and where the trouble is?
  • Options
    Ok, why did a bigger crowd in May 2019 of rival football fans not experience the same issues?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    If I drank 20 cans of cider and mixed it with 3 grams I would be dead. 
    He already is, regarding brain activity.
  • Options
    Ok, why did a bigger crowd in May 2019 of rival football fans not experience the same issues?
    Didn’t drink enough, there’s always next season though. 
  • Options

Peaked the year we didn’t qualify for a tournament. Irrelevant I know.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If I drank 20 cans of cider and mixed it with 3 grams I would be dead. 
    Are you sure you're Scottish?
  • Options
    Thing is it wasn't just the fans breaking in the fans inside with tickets kicking sh*t out of em was just as bad embarrassment all round really 
  • Options
    It's because the morons don't go to rugby and cricket.
    Horse racing was ok until a few years ago when some of the morons decided to start going there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Thing is it wasn't just the fans breaking in the fans inside with tickets kicking sh*t out of em was just as bad embarrassment all round really 
    maybe if the stewards done there job the police did theres the fans wouldnt have to get involved - if i was there with my kid ( if i had one ) and the turnips broke in good on those that have scared a child from ever going to football again. 

its the sign of the times we live in of whatabouttery and little shits who are pretty useless to society not getting what they want and taking anyway without a single thought to others - saw a couple that had been folded outside the turnstile - ambulance and police fawning over them. 

i dont blame the stewards as they weren't properly paid or equipped to do there job successfully. 

when people mention police horses the area was far too busy for that - again just the met missing the boat if they had been there from 10am sunday wouldnt of happened. issue you had is 1.) coppers are only human some wanted to see the match aswell 2.) many couldnt be drafted in from other areas as the majority of england were out doing packets and screaming ingerland so also needed to be policed. 

the attitude of people being just as bad is whats wrong - the police didnt want to get involved on wembley way as they want to be the nice guys - after the match the riot police were there and smacking fans with batons that jumped up on the railings to get into tube quicker - maybe if they were there from midday would of been a better day for all. 

youtube had a live camera on wembley way - at 11am it was busy - at 2pm it was mobbed - it was left and advertised as a good place to go - those saying that spain portugal would be just as bad - no it wouldnt you wouldnt have divvy birds getting insta stories for a start or melons climbing on top of shipping containers and getting pics taken of them 
  • Options
    Horse racing was ok until a few years ago when some of the morons decided to start going there.
    Add boxing to the list of sports with a helmet following.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I wouldn’t blame the stewards too much (apart from those taking bribes etc). If I’m there on minimum wage with minimal training and right to use force then I’m not getting into a scrap with some coked up psychopath. That’s for the police, the failing here I think is on the FA, Wembley’s stadium security leadership and the Met. 
    yeah was a uefa volunteer getting dogs abuse from some northern spiv behind me i pointed out he was there for nothing - although the guy had a point our entrance was next to the vip entrace must of been 40/50 stewards on that gate and gate d had 1 people were literally going in in 2s and 3s through the turnstile, bloke asked to go through with me and offered me £20 i was half tempted to take it off him anyway and tell him on his way - but i thought better off it and told him to do one which when being dragged away by a steward said he was going to "shank" me :joy: 
  • Options
    in addition to the above 2 stewards started fighting at half time becuase 1 called the other a wanker - about the only entertainment on the day
  • Options
    Exactly this.
    Morons think when they go somewhere they have to make their presence felt, they can’t just be somewhere and keep their heads down. It’s that kill or be killed mentality, probably can’t comprehend that you can go somewhere where this isn’t the case.
    Paranoia, lack of social skills, insecurity are all probably factors, these can all be made worse with substance abuse, which is probably the common factor.
  • Options

apologies if this has been posted before.

Detailed analysis of how things escalated on Sunday.
  • Options
    Because we won !
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Huskaris said:
    Sounds like that man who put a flare up his bum had one hell of a day. 

Just heard on the radio he drank 20 cans of cider, snorted loads of cocaine, put a flare up his bum then stormed in to Wembley without a ticket. 

He apparently said when asked "I'm not sorry" 

I have to admit I did laugh but my god I worry how many people like him there are in society. 
    Beat me to it

Dropped most of his packet on the floor from the videos I've seen
    Is it the same fella that was filmed being cheered on by a huge crowd, doing massive keys ? Seen that one doing the rounds on fb.
  • Options
    It does seem a huge error, despite covid, not to have various fan parks around london to accommodate - given its a 1 in 55 year event, with many generations desperate to see it and the furore that surrounds it all.