Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriott

Couldnt see this anywhere but will be interesting to see if Callum is included in the Squad to face Birmingham on Saturday... I know he missed the match against Wigan Athletic but he's announced on Twitter that his Girlfriend (I dont think he's married) gave birth to his son today so congratulations to the Harriott family today, the BBC can finally get it right when they put "Harriotts" on the team sheets

Comments

• I know the squad's thin but what position does Harriott, Jr play in?
  • Left nipple.

No doubt he will be played out of position on the right nipple then
    or he will be uncomfortably positioned at the back then.
  • Left nipple.

No doubt he will be played out of position on the right nipple then
    Powell does love an inverted nipple
  • rananegra said:

I know the squad's thin but what position does Harriott, Jr play in?

Roland has already loaned him out.
  • sorry to say Harriott is lloyd sam in disguise
  • Perhaps he's had domestic matters on his mind - but he's played below last season's form.

Obviously opponents are aware of him now, but he's showed no sign of being able to push on.

If it's a confidence issue, then he would probably normally benefit from a spell out on loan - but his new baby will have put paid to that.
  • edited February 2014
    Oggy Red said:

Perhaps he's had domestic matters on his mind - but he's played below last season's form.

Obviously opponents are aware of him now, but he's showed no sign of being able to push on.

If it's a confidence issue, then he would probably normally benefit from a spell out on loan - but his new baby will have put paid to that.

He's still very young and has been in and out the side this season. I think a little patience is required with our youth. It's easy to forget how young they are when they've played a considerable amount of games already. They will make mistakes, it's all part of learning.
  • rananegra said:

I know the squad's thin but what position does Harriott, Jr play in?

He's good in behind the two up front

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2014
    Whoops wrong thread!
  • He will score and then do that baby rocking celebration
  • He will score and then do that baby rocking celebration

Maybe the new keeper should try it to cradle the ball...........i'll get my coat.
  • I think he's a great player. Needs to get his head down and keep working, he has a better shot and delivery than Sam I reckon. Tries good skills a lot of the time but even Ronaldo doesn't pull every single skill off. At the moment I think his best time to come on would be if we happen to get in the lead, he holds the ball and tackles very well, his passing is a bit slack but that is something that can be improved through coaching, he gets the right power behind all his crosses he just needs to do some work on the accuracy.
  • dallas said:

sorry to say Harriott is lloyd sam in disguise

Sam bottled the physical side of the game whereas Harriott, for a little guy, seems to relish it.

He's quicker than Sam too, although i'd say Sam on a good day has more skill, and as long as his attitude is right has the potential to go further in the game than Sam did. That said it might be that Sam's attitude let him down and stopped him progressing.
  • dallas said:

Great news, Sam was a premiership player.
  • DRF said:

dallas said:

Great news, Sam was a premiership player.
    ZZZZZZZZZ Far too obvious.
  • Charlton fans cannot wait to trash their own
  • edited February 2014
    he's gone into his shell a bit this season as an attacker .. Powell working on his defensive duties has improved his all round play (From what little I have seen) .. however, his crossing is woeful and getting accurate crosses into the box is of course THE paramount requirement from a winger
  • Isn't it simply a case of second season syndrome? Young players often regress a bit in this way, and then come good.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

dallas said:

Sam bottled the physical side of the game whereas Harriott, for a little guy, seems to relish it.

He's quicker than Sam too, although i'd say Sam on a good day has more skill, and as long as his attitude is right has the potential to go further in the game than Sam did. That said it might be that Sam's attitude let him down and stopped him progressing.
    Contrary to popular belief, Sam was also a good crosser and was our top assister for two seasons in a row.
  • Sam was rated the highest by his biggest critics. He had huge expectations and was seen as a big underachiever.

I thought he was nothing more than a lower Championship/upper League 1 winger. Never a goalscorer but as said got a good number of assists. Didn't have the fitness and drive to play much higher. Better player than Kyel Reid or Danny Green but they seemed/seem to have a lot more fans and support.
  • We need to easy on our young players. He's a good winger. My only criticism at the moment would be the he tends to overplay sometimes when a cross or shot would do. He's one of the most exciting players to come out of our academy in a long time.
  • Off to Portsmouth on loan apparently...

Ouch.
  • That's his level imo

League Two?

WHAT !!! ?????
  • He's well above League Two. Don't get it unless Portsmouth are the only ones willing to pay.

WHAT !!! ?????
    Might be part of a deal to get a Portsmouth player (or 2) in....