Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Just be thankful it wasn't a Palace kit!

Callum is a Norbury lad I believe.

We'll all be wearing an old palace kit next year ;-(
  • Options
    Sorry, sorry, sorry, just to clarify:

People are getting annoyed because a little boy wore a widely worn, popular football shirt around our pitch?

Wow, people are pathetic but this really takes the biscuit.
  • Options

Sorry, sorry, sorry, just to clarify:

People are getting annoyed because a little boy wore a widely worn, popular football shirt around our pitch?

Wow, people are pathetic but this really takes the biscuit.

I wonder how they cope with 11 fully grown men wearing another teams shirt on our pitch every other week !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yes, but he had attributes to be one - just not desire/mentality.

I'm not sure he does/did. He's a bit quicker than some other players but other than that I don't think he's particularly good at finishing, in the air and his hold up play isn't tremendous. Because of his pace he's a winger, he doesn't really have the talent to be much more than that above League One level.
    But he is better when he plays nearer the box, when he can play on instinct. He has neither the discipline, nor the brains to play left midfield
  • Options

so what did people on here make of his activity today, seen people on twitter and facebook lose the plot over it, if I am honest it does not bother me to much.

for those that did not see it, his son was wearing a Arsenal top during the lap of honor

Sensible paulie
  • Options
    Harriott wins CAFC community trust POTY for his work in the community.

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

se9addick said:

I'm not sure he does/did. He's a bit quicker than some other players but other than that I don't think he's particularly good at finishing, in the air and his hold up play isn't tremendous. Because of his pace he's a winger, he doesn't really have the talent to be much more than that above League One level.
    But he is better when he plays nearer the box, when he can play on instinct. He has neither the discipline, nor the brains to play left midfield
    But "nearer" the box suggests an attacking/creative midfielder or a striker - do you really think he has the requisite attributes to fulfill either role on a consistent basis in the Championship ?
  • Options
    not bothered but bit silly on Harriotts part in my opinion. Needs to move on though in my opinion.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

wmcf123 said:

se9addick said:

But "nearer" the box suggests an attacking/creative midfielder or a striker - do you really think he has the requisite attributes to fulfill either role on a consistent basis in the Championship ?
    Nope. Just said he is better there
  • Options
    Doesn't bother me particularly!

But was pretty naive from him! either that or he just didn't think.. Kids at that age don't care what they wear... He could have put any shirt on him yesterday just to avoid the issue.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Harriott wins CAFC community trust POTY for his work in the community.

How can that be possible? I thought he was an arrogant prick?
    Indeed. Thought he is meant to spend all his being a wannabe gangster.

Hopefully this is enough for some people to have their perception of him changed as his lifestyle is very different to what some on here think.
  • Options
    Always the way though. Inconsistent tricky winger who is in and out of the team = Arrogant showboat, not working hard enough etc.

Danny Green and Kyel Reid had to put up with the same nonsense stereotypes.
  • Options
    Kyel Reid was quality, loved watching him play! Sorry not really relavant to anything...
  • Options
    Agreed. Thought he was one hell of a player - great left foot on him.
  • Options
    I thought Reid was going to be the nuts. Shame it didn't work out, but he's had some good times with Parky since.

My opinion/ assumptions on Harriott are largely based on his social media stuff, so very glad to discover the community stuff. Still think he's a rubbish winger though.
  • Options
    Think that CH needs a good season of playing regularly in L1, which will either make him or break him as a player. With confidence and experience, I think that there is a good championship player in him. Without these, he is on of those guys that could very quickly end up in the non-leagues, as he hasn't got any real 'Form' to encourage managers to take a punt on him.
  • Options
    Riga showed faith in him which boosted his confidence and we saw at the end of last season what a good player he could be. Peeters tried to put faith in him but by playing him as a striker up front with Vetokele, it was never going to work and he lost confidence. As far as I can see Luzon hasn't given him a chance. I hope we hang on to him, I think he could suddenly blossom into a great player, he wouldn't be the first winger to all of a sudden get his act together and find the required consistency.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed - trouble is I am struggling to see where he fits into the current starting line up, to get that run of games. But like you say he has good pace, can score goals and is left footed, which are all hard to find in one player. Would reluctantly part with him, but as can be seen from Harry Arter (and many others), sometimes a player has to go back to the beginning, to fulfill their potential.
  • Options
    For those long enough in the tooth....think back to Easter 1984 Palace v Charlton at Selhurst when we wore Palace's 1983 home kit because our away kit clashed. Good job the internet didn't exist then.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

For those long enough in the tooth....think back to Easter 1984 Palace v Charlton at Selhurst when we wore Palace's 1983 home kit because our away kit clashed. Good job the internet didn't exist then.

Okay... so... about that Callum Harriott...
  • Options
    I'd keep him. Good player to have in the squad. We don't need a situation like on Saturday. Our bench was full of defenders and simon church.
  • Options
    fair play for all his community work, however it doesn't make him a better player and I suspect L1 is his level
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The 45th and 46th games last season, when he scored the 5 goals was him at his best.
    I think his work rate improved this season but his skill level appeared to go down.
    The 1st game at Brentford when he could'nt keep that chance low, seemed to effect him and Peeters didn't rate him after that.
    League 1 or 2 on what i seen over the last 3 seasons.
    If JBG go's in the summer, Callum will be given more chances next season ?
  • Options

The 45th and 46th games last season, when he scored the 5 goals was him at his best.
    I think his work rate improved this season but his skill level appeared to go down.
    The 1st game at Brentford when he could'nt keep that chance low, seemed to effect him and Peeters didn't rate him after that.

I think that is a marker for the intent of RD. if Harriot is seen as a replacement for JBG then I don't see us as a serious contender for play offs. If he uses the money to replace with a decent midfielder then it would show he is serious about a top 6 place.
  • Options
    Harriott needs to be sold, for the benefit of both parties.
  • Options
    as I said had no issue with his kid wearing a arsenal shirt

but this I do have an issue with
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I think that is a marker for the intent of RD. if Harriot is seen as a replacement for JBG then I don't see us as a serious contender for play offs. If he uses the money to replace with a decent midfielder then it would show he is serious about a top 6 place.
    If RD sees Harriott as a replacement for Gudmundsson then I'd see us as relegation candidates