Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options

Portsmouth are interested in signing Callum Harriott on Loan from Charlton #CAFC #pompey

Not a gambling man but who would benefit from Callum playing at Portsmouth?

Not CAFC.
    Not Callum.

Only Pompey.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

I assume the pseudonym, 'Calli Messi' is some form of irony.
    I assume this rumour is an offering from a bored human being.

• Options
    Harriott has been messed around played out of position and left out for a central midfielder playing in his position. I actually think he dod really well in the number 10 role. If mamaged well he will be a big asset to us. If not then he will do well elsewhere.
  • Options

Joe Piggot has barely played for us. Can't compare. You were writing him off after one game which was daft.

"Has barely played for us" - thats not entirely true is it?

He has played enough, albeit as a sub or out on loan, for us to see whether there is something there or not. For me he hasn't really demonstrated anything. Keep in mind his only goal in a Charlton shirt is a penalty against a League Two side that the keeper let through him.

I want him to do well and develop but I just can't see the natural traits there that suggest he is of Championship level. At least Harriott has pace that managers can work with.
  • Options
    Trouble is Pigott has made most of his appearances from the bench.

Now straight away that cant be easy to make an impact anyway... the players already on the pitch will already have 60-70mins under their belt (i.e. to feel their way into the game etc..) then you've got a substitute coming on to the pitch who BANG has to be up at their levels pretty much straight away to make an impact.

If Joe had a lot of pace (i.e. like Harriott) then you could argue the fact that he'd be perfect for running at tired Defences and then using his good finishing but unfortunately he's not the quickest of lads so cant do that.
  • Options
    Pigott has no attributes to make him in any way dangerous at Championship level. Harriott has a couple but he has certainly regressed in the last two years, for whatever reason
  • Options
    A few time Harriott's attitude has been questioned......where has that come from? He's played in any position he's been asked, he's not shirked his duties even when he's been woeful, and as far as I know none of the previous managers have questioned his attitude. Is this just a half arsed attempt to find a reason not to like him?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    wmcf123 said:

Pigott has no attributes to make him in any way dangerous at Championship level. Harriott has a couple but he has certainly regressed in the last two years, for whatever reason

Harriott has only regressed this season. Last season he had a barnstorming finish, as we finished the last 4 games with 3 wins... ensuring our survival to fight another day...
    http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/callum_harriott_blasts_hat_trick_as_charlton_round_off_season_in_style_at_blackpool_1_3585247

We IMO need to regularly play the same wide midfielders. Harriott on the left and Gudmundsson on the right.

Bulot is away or injured most of the time and we have no other RM option...

Cousins is not a LM.
  • Options
    He blows hot and cold, but at the moment mostly cold... that being said most of our squad is playing like shite at the moment. Maybe a lift with a new manager; if he's supposed to be skilled at motivating it could coax out the wannabe messi.

Do agree with NLA in that his attitude does seem above his ability. Not sure I'd loan him out just yet though as I'm pretty sure he's our only option at left wing who is a left winger...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A few time Harriott's attitude has been questioned......where has that come from? He's played in any position he's been asked, he's not shirked his duties even when he's been woeful, and as far as I know none of the previous managers have questioned his attitude. Is this just a half arsed attempt to find a reason not to like him?

I thought the same. I have no issue with him when it comes effort. He doesn't seem to have any problems when it comes to his fitness either.

His big weakness is his decision making but that's partly to be expected because he's a young winger. His first touch also lets him down at times, and his crossing has never been that impressive.

A lot of our wingers seem to be viewed as talented underachievers. It was the same with Green and Sam. Are they though, or are they just overrated in the place? Good decision making and awareness is ability itself, it's not something that can improve just through hard work.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I think it is his clear displeasure and frustration shown when played out of position... However he still tries and though he has no right foot at all he does give it a decent go and only gets really frustrated when things aren't coming off.
  • Options
    I'd be delighted if he goes
  • Options
    edited January 2015

It's interesting to read how people are willing to wait and coax out the player that is 'in there' with CH, but are unable to show the same patience with George. I can only assume that this is due to one being an academy graduate and /or one being a RD 'reject'.

Just goes to show how fickle we all are.

To my mind, we would have more chance of seeing potential realised in GT.

A few reasons why that may be:

- Harriott is still only 20, even though it seems though he has been around for ages.
    - George has gone from club to club. Liege wasn't working for him and the 'new scenery' and 'change of environment' in Charlton hasn't worked for him.
    - Harriott has physical abilities that George doesn't have. George will not suddenly get quicker, stronger or have a better touch - he's coming up to 24.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It's interesting to read how people are willing to wait and coax out the player that is 'in there' with CH, but are unable to show the same patience with George. I can only assume that this is due to one being an academy graduate and /or one being a RD 'reject'.

- Harriott is still only 20, even though it seems though he has been around for ages.
    - George has gone from club to club. Liege wasn't working for him and the 'new scenery' and 'change of environment' in Charlton hasn't worked for him.
    - Harriott has physical abilities that George doesn't have. George will not suddenly get quicker, stronger or have a better touch - he's coming up to 24.
    I don't buy the age argument, if we are letting him off due to age....send him out on loan until he is, what, 22?

Without knowing George ' s transfer history, could it be argued that he has taken a step up, or at least sideways each time? Harriott has been linked with a move 2 divisions lower. 'The same environment' doesn't seem to work for Harriott.

If George ' s touch won't get better, why will Harriott's ? And of course he can get stronger...He is certainly more intelligent than Harriott too.

• Options

Without knowing George ' s transfer history, could it be argued that he has taken a step up, or at least sideways each time?
    Harriott has been linked with a move 2 divisions lower. 'The same environment' doesn't seem to work for Harriott.

There was no move or enquiry for Harriott, though - just a Twitter hoax.

• Options
    Harriott hasn't been linked with a move anywhere, it came from a Twitter account set up to post made up rumours and/or copy rumours from elsewhere. He was in the starting line up last week and I expect he'll at least be on the bench Saturday.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Harriott hasn't been linked with a move anywhere, it came from a Twitter account set up to post made up rumours and/or copy rumours from elsewhere. He was in the starting line up last week and I hope he'll be on the bench at best on Saturday.

sorted for you ;-)

• Options
    Ok fair enough, it was a hoax. I'll re - phrase. .Harriott isn't even being linked with another team, let alone one that plays in Europe
  • Options

cafctom said:

I don't buy the age argument, if we are letting him off due to age....send him out on loan until he is, what, 22?

Without knowing George ' s transfer history, could it be argued that he has taken a step up, or at least sideways each time? Harriott has been linked with a move 2 divisions lower. 'The same environment' doesn't seem to work for Harriott.

If George ' s touch won't get better, why will Harriott's ? And of course he can get stronger...He is certainly more intelligent than Harriott too.

Regarding the age thing - At 24 if George isn't producing (which he isn't, and by all accounts never really has), then why should we expect change?

20 is still young enough for Harriott to develop into a better player. He has the natural skills (unlike George), and all he really needs to work on is his awareness, tactical understanding - things that come with time.

If by 22-23 Harriott isn't adding any value then we can safely assume he isn't going to start getting better any time soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Regarding the age thing - At 24 if George isn't producing (which he isn't, and by all accounts never really has), then why should we expect change?

20 is still young enough for Harriott to develop into a better player. He has the natural skills (unlike George), and all he really needs to work on is his awareness, tactical understanding - things that come with time.

If by 22-23 Harriott isn't adding any value then we can safely assume he isn't going to start getting better any time soon.
    By all accounts? Have you not seen him play - am I debating player potential with someone that hasn't seen the players in question?

I disagree again with your age debate...Harriot needs to develop as a player to make it in the English game - which he has been in for many years, George needs to adapt to make it in the English game - which he has been in for 6 months.

Do you recall Drogba's first season at Chelsea? He was nigh on awful! Good job they didn't ship him out at the first opportunity!

I would also like to challenge your claim that GT doesn't have natural skills in comparison to CH...To me CH has speed and that is about it.
  • Options
    There is a player in there somewhere. He showed how good he was towards the end of last season when he got a hat trick of assists vs Wednesday for Sordell, scored a couple at home and then got a hat trick away at Blackpool.

If we play him as a WINGER and enable him to get his confidence back, we will have a cracking player on our hands and the type of player we have been calling out for at The Valley all season.

This square pegs in round holes bolloxks is not and has not worked for the majority of the season.
  • Options
    Poor Callum was caught offside earlier, oops!
  • Options

Poor Callum was caught offside earlier, oops!

? That's not his twitter account?
  • Options
    Instagram
  • Options
    If true he's such a cock. They recently had a kid as I recall
  • Options
    I thought he was callymessi
  • Options
    he is on twitter mate, that's his instagram page
  • Options

There's a player in there somewhere

No there's not. More like a plaayer.