Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options

That's his level imo

I disagree only in that he is probably League 1 level, not a loss imo if true
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Seems to have started from one of the "15 year olds in his bedroom" Twitter accounts. Ignore.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Off to Portsmouth on loan apparently...

WHAT !!! ?????
    Might be part of a deal to get a Portsmouth player (or 2) in....
    Good shout.
  • Options
    Unfortunately League 1 or 2 is his level IMHO.
    Loads of step overs but no end product, no footballing brain, and flaps when under pressure.
    Ok he scored a couple of goals at the end of last season, but not good enough for us.
  • Options
    Could be as a carrot to tempt in that Jed Wallace?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

WHAT !!! ?????
    or he's walking the plank to save a few salary pieces of eight .. can't really see who at Pompey would suit us, but I don't know the present team hardly at all
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Here's the actual tweet. Note the word 'interested.' Early doors but hopefully they're interested in exchange for selling Wallace to us.
  • Options
    Portsmouth are interested in signing Callum Harriott on Loan from Charlton #CAFC #pompey
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

WHAT !!! ?????
    Exactly what I thought - aren't we supposedly after Wallace from them?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, let's let another one of our threadbare squad go out on loan!
  • Options
    Not about his standard tom I think he needs a reality check to see what faces him if he abuses his talents
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Not about his standard tom I think he needs a reality check to see what faces him if he abuses his talents

Surely that can be done by dropping him a division? I fear sending him to League Two would more than likely ruin any confidence he has rather than toughen him up.

Plus he is simply way too good for League Two level football. Not sure it would do a lot for the development of his ability, which is still important to keep in mind at his age.
  • Options
    He'll love League 2, allows him to be the "best player in the playground" so to speak
  • Options

Agree, NLA.

No one is doubting what Harriot is capable of. He has the ability.
    He's also capable of working very hard as a team player.

But something is missing ........ certainly his decision making, concentration, all the mental stuff.

He has loads of potential and occasionally we see glimpses of the player he can be.
    But he needs to get focus and belief.

I don't believe he's ever been out on loan.
    It may be a good thing. And Callum could come back a better more complete player with the experience.

• Options
    Will Harriott want to move away with such a young family though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Cally Messi'
  • Options
    No way should we let him go out on loan, has in my opinion been ok this season and there is a talent in there just needs confidence and consistency.
  • Options

Can't beleive some people have resulted in hoping that it's a swap deal with jed Wallace. Only charlton fans.

No ...... most of us can see it was only a loan proposal, not a permanent swap deal.

But it might be a carrot to facilitate Jed Wallace signing for Charlton.

• Options

'Cally Messi'

Irritates me that no end over hyped his mind i reckon

Tough love is the best pill
  • Options

It's not happening. That account is clearly been made by some little spotty kid.

Can't beleive some people have resulted in hoping that it's a swap deal with jed Wallace. Only charlton fans.

That account is a Charlton fan who knows no more than anyone else . He hooked a few on this one though to be fair.
  • Options
    Harriott for Racon - you heard it here first
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Harriott for Racon - you heard it here first

No, gotta be Danny Hollands....