Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Residents parking permits for duration ot the Olympics

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
https://www.2012gamesparkingpermits.com/greenwich/verificationcheck/default.aspx?B=0

If you are a resident in any of the boroughs hosting the Olympics please don't get caught out by the parking restrictions being imposed on areas close to the events.

Certain areas have been selected and any vehicle parked within the boundary of that area without a permit will be deemed as parked illegally and will receive a parking ticket and possibly towed away.

Our managing agents have liaised with Greenwich Council and they have confirmed they will be patrolling the development where I live to enforce the scheme despite the road being private and only accessed through electric gates.

Our permits arrived today and it is quite easy to apply.

Seb Coe dosen't need any more money, he will probably be a billionaire after these games and before the soap box merchants appear for his defence his ego trip is restricting Londoners, he won't personally receive the revenue from fines but has more than likely been paid to sit on a committee deciding our fate. He hasn't give a thought to the people of London who are going to struggle to travel around the capital because of the Olympic road lane and public transport restrictions or the affect it will have on local businesses that are already struggling to survive through this recession, the country will benefit from the revenue but it might be to late to help some businesses.

Please use the link to prevent you getting a parking ticket.

Comments

• Thanks, was just talking about these today, if only our car wasn't a three foot cube
  • mickc my wife works in Canary Wharf and has been told she needs to find an alternative means to get to work. Well as we live in Welling she only has two options train to Lewisham, DLR or the 486 and the Jubilee line! So what else do they expect? Whilst I am looking foroward to the actual event (we have tickets) I always said that transport would be the problem with the Olympic Village so near the centre of London.
  • mickc my wife works in Canary Wharf and has been told she needs to find an alternative means to get to work. Well as we live in Welling she only has two options train to Lewisham, DLR or the 486 and the Jubilee line! So what else do they expect? Whilst I am looking foroward to the actual event (we have tickets) I always said that transport would be the problem with the Olympic Village so near the centre of London.
    She has been banned from using the tube?

• Nope just told she should avoid using the Jubilee line at all costs because of overcrowding and same for the DLR as they are the only two public transport links into Canary Wharf she is just a bit puzzled how else she is supposed to get there. By the way how on earth are they planning to get all the wheechair users who will attend the Paraolympics onto the tube/DLR?
  • Well fancy that!

Ordinary people are getting shafted because of the World Best Pharmacist championships.

Meanwhile we squander millions and set ourselves up for terrorist attack while patients in NHS hospitals die of thirst because of "lack of resources."

Whoopy do!

• Well fancy that!

Ordinary people are getting shafted because of the World Best Pharmacist championships.

Meanwhile we squander millions and set ourselves up for terrorist attack while patients in NHS hospitals die of thirst because of "lack of resources."

Whoopy do!

The world is without shadow of doubt a warped place.

• Everyone is being told to look at alternative routes into work though, I go through Stratford to and from work, so will just have to put up with it.
  • Well fancy that!

Whoopy do!

That Ken Livingstone/Tony Blair combo have a lot to answer for dont they.....
  • someone I work with whose father lives in Charlton has told me that there are parking restrictions all round The Valley until the paralympics is over (9th sept ?) - either residents only or max 2 hrs. Seeing as we have 3 home games before then anyone know if this is true & if so where are people likely to park ??
  • I'm in Blackheath and there are special restrictions in place for the week the equestrians events are on at Greenwich park.

Got some free visitor permits valid for that week if anyone wants them ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I live in charlton and yes as of Monday there is parking restrictions all over the area until after Paralympics I've had to get a permit for each car, I believe it's an automatic tow away for any car not displaying one.
    Are the club aware of this - if so, shouldn't they be letting the fans know ?? 15k turning up for the games against Leics & Hull and prob around 20k for the Palace game - all have to poark somewhere & I know lots of people who park up either side of Charlton Park.
  • Will this extend all the way up to Marlbororugh Lane?
  • I thought the para-Olympics finished on the 9th and the palace game is on the 14th?
  • My mates company are changing all the parking restriction signs, in a nutshell adding one hour to each time, so they take a sign down, put a new one up, after the Olympics they change them back, there are thousands to do, Its cost a fortune, bloody ridiculous. All for the sake of one more hours parking.
  • Yes, there are massive parking problems for those fans that don't live in the Royal Borough. Here's a link to the East Greenwich map: https://2012gamesparkingpermits.com/greenwich/_dynamic/greenwich/Greenwich_Map_East.pdf
    It seems to me that broadly you find off street parking or there's no chance.
    Of course the club know and should be offered/seeking compensation from Locog for loss of business. A cynic might suggest that the club have not highlighted the problem because less people would buy tickets to the matches. Presumably the first one to be hit is the Capital One game vs Orient?

• Got ours through yesterday . Two vehicles and two visitors
  • edited July 2012
    Why did i bother with a season ticket?

I'll have to miss matches because of this fascist imposition.

I wish I had the guts my ancestors had to deal with fascism properly.

They've stitched it up for about 3 miles around the ground!

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Poo, looks like we'll be parking over on the other side of Shooters Hill Road and walk all the way down.

Bloody Olympics, can't they just cancel events that coincide with our home games?
  • Parking restrictions right to the top of Shooters Hill I'm afraid. Quite a hoof from The Valley from my mansion just off Shrewsbury Lane but doable. Feel sorry for those of you who have even bigger problems.
  • Yes, there are massive parking problems for those fans that don't live in the Royal Borough. Here's a link to the East Greenwich map: https://2012gamesparkingpermits.com/greenwich/_dynamic/greenwich/Greenwich_Map_East.pdf
    It seems to me that broadly you find off street parking or there's no chance.
    Of course the club know and should be offered/seeking compensation from Locog for loss of business. A cynic might suggest that the club have not highlighted the problem because less people would buy tickets to the matches. Presumably the first one to be hit is the Capital One game vs Orient?

Thanks for putting this up - living outside the area didn't have a clue these restrictions were in force.

Do you know - do the restrictions only apply on games days? As the first 2 league home games are between the Olympics and Paraolympics and by the time we play the Parasites on September 14, and the Paraolympics are over, will I be able to park on-street for those 3 games?
  • Sponsored links:

• The. Parking areas are also zoned so I living at the top of Shooters Hill cannot use my residents permit down nearer The Valley.
  • I think for non-permit holder you'll be able to park for just an hour or two with no return for 3 hours so there is leaway for permit holders.
  • This pdf file expalins things and on this it clearly says non permit holders can park for 2 hours or 1 hour so it might be okay for Orient and Leicester as they finish a 7 but will be a problem for Hull.
  • I imagine that you cannot park in places like Springfields, Cherry Orchard, and Mascalls then.......
    So going to have to get my lads/wife to drive me over to the standard, and then walk up from the valley and meet them at the sun in the sands, or a variation on that theme.
  • Nope just told she should avoid using the Jubilee line at all costs because of overcrowding and same for the DLR as they are the only two public transport links into Canary Wharf she is just a bit puzzled how else she is supposed to get there. By the way how on earth are they planning to get all the wheechair users who will attend the Paraolympics onto the tube/DLR?
    Thames Clipper from Woolwich direct to Canary Wharf pier

• I imagine that you cannot park in places like Springfields, Cherry Orchard, and Mascalls then.......
    So going to have to get my lads/wife to drive me over to the standard, and then walk up from the valley and meet them at the sun in the sands, or a variation on that theme.
    Half of the Sun In The Sands is now a restaurant