Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents parking permits for duration ot the Olympics

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    I've still not received mine and had my post today. Had wardens walking down my road constantly when grilled said he's not issuing tickets just showing a presence. Seen the smart car a few times as well. I'm not to bothered though as my cars are parked on my drive.
  • Options
    They were taking details in our road and as said two tow trucks in shootershill rd so be careful.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

I've still not received mine and had my post today. Had wardens walking down my road constantly when grilled said he's not issuing tickets just showing a presence. Seen the smart car a few times as well. I'm not to bothered though as my cars are parked on my drive.

Brilliant. I'm not too bothered either as mine is in Bromley (on my drive).
  • Options
    I don't know if it helps. But my mum's area "OC" says, on the signage, restrictions are in force upto 7pm, OR max stay 2hrs. (I don't know if the OB area is the same or not)

So, in theory (if OB is the same) you can park from 5.01pm and still be within the limits. Which would be fine for the Leicester match, but obviously not for the Hull game on the Saturday.
  • Options
    Replacement permits recieved this morning and a covering letter stating others are now invalid.
  • Options
    Parking being enforced from Monday if you've not received your permits you are to print off the email confirmation with your reference number and display in the window
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Just to be safe why dont you print off the part of your application form where it says being processed or whatever it says and stick in your front window? I know that sounds naff but if they are only taking on temporary staff god knows what they will do.

As curb_it says, i spoke with an enforcement officer on friday as i'm still WAITING for my permit, was told to display my reference number on the windscreen and it will be okay.

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Parking being enforced from Monday if you've not received your permits you are to print off the email confirmation with your reference number and display in the window

being enforced now as there is an ongoing event at Woolwich
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    smiffyboy said:

Not suggesting that this information is incorrect but if true then it's outrageous. Suppose you don't have access to the Internet or a printer ? It's their fault and their problem. Piss up and brewery.

• Options
    Camera car patrolled my road at 7.20 tonight, I'm puzzled as to why when I think it states on the notices controlled zone ends at 7.00pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

smiffyboy said:

Not suggesting that this information is incorrect but if true then it's outrageous. Suppose you don't have access to the Internet or a printer ? It's their fault and their problem. Piss up and brewery.

there was a pen and ink option. Write the number down and put in windscreen
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

smiffyboy said:

there was a pen and ink option. Write the number down and put in windscreen
    Write it down from where exactly ?

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Replacement permits recieved this morning and a covering letter stating others are now invalid.

I've just got replacement permits in post this am.

My previous ones stated existing CPZ although I'm currently in a free parking area without permits - the new ones have A17 printed on them. I can't find zone A anywhere on the maps they have sent and the signs in my street are for Zone C! They seem to be changing the plan on the hoof. I've lost track of the number of letters I've had about these permits and parking and games lanes and ORN and they've been revised slightly each time.

It's so ridiculously over complicated - there should have been a Greenwch parking permit end of - not all these different zones which seem now to be being subdivided further if my new permit is anything to go by - or, of course, they've cocked up again and I still haven't got the right permit. Seven years to plan it and they are altering the zones and sending permits out after the Games have started.

• Options
    I had visitor permits sent to me stating I live in an existing CPZ which I do not. Was advised that new permits would be with me by yesterday they have not arrived. T he parking control guy has been issuing tickets to all vehicles with the incorrect passes, despite the Greenwich council website stating that only warnings would be issued until Monday. I rang LOCOG who are responsible for issuing the replacement permits and have been advised that I should display my incorrect permit and my reference number which they gave me over the phone and that the new passes should be with me by tomorrow and to call back then if still not received. When I asked the guy in the Smart car what would happen to the people who had been issued with tickets, he said "don't know what you're all moaning about you'll win it on appeal". Can't help feeling he missed the point that the tickets shouldn't have been issued in the first place. You couldn't make it up !
  • Options

http://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/1309/general_parking_and_waiting_restriction_changes

I have just checked the Olympic parking changes from the above link and discovered my road is not in the listed schedule, yet I was issued permits and am patrolled by the parking enforcement vehicle even outside the parking restriction hours.

What a shambles, confusing and contradictive and I agree with number1hasbeenred it was a very good point, the problems of parking tickets issued unfairly will unfortunately result in further complications at appeal, especially irritating when the alleged offence should not be subject of adjudication.

• Options
    There are temporary signs at all the entrances to the event zones and signs in all the roads themselves.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

There are temporary signs at all the entrances to the event zones and signs in all the roads themselves.

My road is accessed through gates and no signs have been installed at the entrance, very confusing.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry couldn't delete post.

• Options
    Still not received my permits whole thing is a joke and on my way home from work yesterday there were 3 wardens on my road and a tow truck removing a car
  • Options
    Smiffy I have a spare permit for OA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mickc Thankyou but I've just got the email confirmation stuck in window at the minute so hopefully they will arrive soon, I'm in OB anyway. Just think the whole episode is just ridiculous it can't be that hard to print some permits and post them
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Smiffy
    I received all new replacement permits yesterday, 44 in total including the originals and 5 invalid.

That covers my car, the wife's, two kids cars and a van.

And my road is not listed on the RGB official schedule.

Regards
    Mick
  • Options
    Yippee got home from work today and my permits have arrived finally, Mickc, Thankyou again for the offer, be lucky marc
  • Options
    AIRMAN - can the club please clarify what is happening, as some of my mates are already considering not bothering on Tuesday, due to the parking situation.

If the club have not had success in discussions with RBG, can we at least confirm that we can park from 5pm onwards on evening games without a permit ?
  • Options
    Cheers Shirty & Rick.