Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents parking permits for duration ot the Olympics

Comments

• Options
    I'm still waiting and have phoned them today, they assure me they will arrive on time.
  • Options
    I'm presently working for Greenwich council. Apparently Logoc haven't even told the council what's going on, the permit issue is a disaster and as such won't be enforced by the 27th even though 50 temporary traffic enforcement staff have been taken on.

Well, they've only had 7 years to sort it.
  • Options
    What will happen if people who have applied but have not received the permit by the 27th.
  • Options
    As of this afternoon, they don't know! But they should do by tomorrow. I can't see the council sending out enforcement officers if permits haven't been issued but you never know!
  • Options
    My permits have still not arrived and enforcement starts tomorrow. They have had seven fucking years to organise this and still can't manage to get it right. Just phoned RBG and was told there is a backlog......no shit. I am exasperated.
  • Options

My permits have still not arrived and enforcement starts tomorrow. They have had seven fucking years to organise this and still can't manage to get it right. Just phoned RBG and was told there is a backlog......no shit. I am exasperated.

You should be grateful to be part of a wonderful once in a lifetime occasion.

At least that's what I keep being told on here.....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

You should be grateful to be part of a wonderful once in a lifetime occasion.

At least that's what I keep being told on here.....
    The event is something special. I wouldn't trust this country to organise my sock draw.

• Options
    Just to be safe why dont you print off the part of your application form where it says being processed or whatever it says and stick in your front window? I know that sounds naff but if they are only taking on temporary staff god knows what they will do.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Just to be safe why dont you print off the part of your application form where it says being processed or whatever it says and stick in your front window? I know that sounds naff but if they are only taking on temporary staff god knows what they will do.

Good idea. Will print of the e mail confirming my application but as you say I doubt the temporary staff would bother to read it. Are they on a bonus for every ticket issued I wonder ? Might ask a neighbour if I can use one of their visitors permits. What a complete balls up though.

• Options
    I'd be tempted to ring the council and say that due to their not sending the permit through, if you get a ticket you'll be taking them to court, not only to get the ticket over-turned, but to also reclaim costs for time spent chasing them to get the permit, and time spent getting the ticket over-turned, as well as legal costs. Give them the option to courier you them permit and that'll you'll either be expecting the permit before the 27th, or no parking tickets during the time period that you are without the permit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    herd today the Greenwich have a huge backlog re permits going out. No idea if thats true,but there must be close to 50 cars parked in our road normally and only 2 are displaying permits. Either its going to go off big time here or they just dont give a shit.
  • Options
    No it's true GH. I phoned today and they said there was a big backlog. I'm going to use a visitors permit from my neighbour.

• Options
    Logoc printed the thousands of permits in good time. However, they forgot to print the zone details on them thus rendering them useless.
    New ones have/are being printed but won't all be out in time !
  • Options
    SHG, I have some visitors permits if you want one? Any others prepared to walk from Shootershill to the Valley I still have some/all available.
  • Options
    Cheers TCE. I now have one from my next door neighbour but thanks for the offer. Incidentally I have just come back from taking the dog for a walk and hardly any of the cars around here had any permits visable.
  • Options
    Apparently the problem stems from the permits being so easy to copy/forge that new ones have had to be printed that are more difficult.
  • Options
    My neighbour has applied for two and got one yesterday. There was defo more of em showing on the cars up our road this morning but 80% still aint got any on show.
  • Options
    Haven't seen a warden yet hope they are as late as the permits.

• Options
    mickc said:

Haven't seen a warden yet hope they are as late as the permits.

I see a couple up here early today.

• Options
    Smart Car with a little camera on top just poodles down my lane. Checking permits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think they have arrived.

Small white smart car, cameras poking out everwhere patrolled at 10.30 and again at 6.30.

Stopped the fella while turning in my close, he explained the equipment had automatic number plate recognition and relayed the vehicle numbers back to base to check if they are registered for permits, if not the wardens and tow trucks are alerted and sent to the locations of the offending vehicles.

What a quick fix money maker.

Shame they don't have a similar system for paedophiles give them a ticket, tow them away and crush them.
  • Options
    Mick
    you know that twang you heard earlier?

That was your grip on reality snapping.
    I wont charge you for my time, though I did do 7 years training, if that helps.
  • Options
    7 Years training?
  • Options
    mickc said:

7 Years training?

How does that make you feel, Mick?

• Options
    mickc said:

I think they have arrived.

Small white smart car, cameras poking out everwhere patrolled at 10.30 and again at 6.30.

Stopped the fella while turning in my close, he explained the equipment had automatic number plate recognition and relayed the vehicle numbers back to base to check if they are registered for permits, if not the wardens and tow trucks are alerted and sent to the locations of the offending vehicles.

What a quick fix money maker.

Shame they don't have a similar system for paedophiles give them a ticket, tow them away and crush them.

did you have to give reg numbers for each car that would use a visitors permit then?
  • Options
    Paul each vehicle needed to be registered online, I was lucky my permits arrived promptly, two for each vehicle and I found out just earlier we received sixteen visitors passes.

If you need one for area OA please let me know.
  • Options

mickc said:

7 Years training?

How does that make you feel, Mick?

I'm fine Monty, Boris will sort it all out.

• Options
    Half of the problem may have gone away.

Signs confirm 2 hours parking is permitted. This means the evening match is not a problem as the restrictions finish at 7pm
  • Options
    Sorry posted in the Olympic thread but be warned if this morning is anything to go on they are all over the parking.
  • Options
    Three cars in my household. Permits arrived in good time for wife's car. Nothing for mine or my daughters. Today we get replacement permits for my wife's car as originals were for some reason not printed correctly. Of the fours permits delivered today one has invalid printed on it. My daughter and I are being forced to use visitors permits. They have had seven years. SEVEN YEARS.