Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• seth plum said:
    stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    If Oasis were spokespeople for a generation, what were they saying back then?
    I think a lot of their appeal was that there was no message, apart from jump up and down and enjoy yourself. Sometimes you need a break from being lectured, if you want to know what a mess the world is in you can just turn on the news.
    I get that. Hedonism and looking after number one first and foremost.
    Looks like that is what they’re doing with this reunion malarkey, looking after number one.
    Only you could interpret having a bit of fun at a concert as hedonism … absurd overreach 
    Hedonism as far as I understand it is about fun and pleasure isn't it?
    Wouldn't having a bit of fun at a concert be that?
    Supporting Charlton can be about fun and pleasure - but it definitely is not hedonism

So no, it isn't, as pointed out
  • Tickets popping up on Twickets now..... I would pay c £500 happily.

Imagine how many will pop up between now and next year. If you wanna go, you will be able to go.
  • stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    If Oasis were spokespeople for a generation, what were they saying back then?
    I think a lot of their appeal was that there was no message, apart from jump up and down and enjoy yourself. Sometimes you need a break from being lectured, if you want to know what a mess the world is in you can just turn on the news.
    I get that. Hedonism and looking after number one first and foremost.
    Looks like that is what they’re doing with this reunion malarkey, looking after number one.
    Only you could interpret having a bit of fun at a concert as hedonism … absurd overreach 
    Hedonism as far as I understand it is about fun and pleasure isn't it?
    Wouldn't having a bit of fun at a concert be that?
    You are far more intelligent than that. 

Beginning to think some others might be right … if you don’t like a thread, you post provocative statements (e.g. hedonism) in an attempt to start the process of closing the thread. 

Hope I’m wrong but I do wonder.  
    don't like a thread or someone else's opinion
  • Tickets popping up on Twickets now..... I would pay c £500 happily.

Imagine how many will pop up between now and next year. If you wanna go, you will be able to go.
    There are 2 for Cardiff on there. The 5th.
  • Just gone - saw them. Missus now saying I need to find 3 even though our 16 year old doesn't really want to go that much. So turned them down. Then she changes her mind, go back, and gone. Decent seats as well.

No worries. Next time I will just jump on the first ones I see.
  • Touts trying to jump on the hype and panic which is at its peak. Problem they have is when loads more dates are announced and people get tickets naturally, they wont be able to get the same money for them.
    Better yet, if tickets are resold through anything other than the "official" scalpers they'll be worthless come gig time
    A few unwary ultra gullible saps might have thousands stolen from them by scumbags on the internet but neither Gallagher brother is to blame for adverts for vastly inflated prices for worthless stuff.
    Ticketmaster is well known to be a cynical parasite which doesn't even look after our personal data to a reasonable standard - it is they that is guilty of surge pricing.
    The tabloid hysteria has been predictably juvenile and misleading.  
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Touts trying to jump on the hype and panic which is at its peak. Problem they have is when loads more dates are announced and people get tickets naturally, they wont be able to get the same money for them.
    Better yet, if tickets are resold through anything other than the "official" scalpers they'll be worthless come gig time
    A few unwary ultra gullible saps might have thousands stolen from them by scumbags on the internet but neither Gallagher brother is to blame for adverts for vastly inflated prices for worthless stuff.
    Ticketmaster is well known to be a cynical parasite which doesn't even look after our personal data to a reasonable standard - it is they that is guilty of surge pricing.
    The tabloid hysteria has been predictably juvenile and misleading.  
    what do you think they will do about people selling them on for a lot more than they bought them for. In theory that is not allowed, however......
  • It’s as if the concept of surge pricing was created by Oasis themselves the way the media are carrying on. As if no other big artist has ever done it before. 

Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen. All names that can seemingly do no wrong in the eyes of many. They only reversed the surge charging for their tickets once there was a backlash. 

But then again, I think Oasis/the Gallaghers are probably easier targets based on their personalities and the fact that it perceived by many as a “money grabbing reunion”. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The length of time between Oasis releasing their debut album (29th Aug 1994), and when they split up in Paris (28th Aug 2009) was 14 years, 11 months and 30 days.

The length of time between Oasis splitting up, and the announcement last week that they were reforming?
    14 years, 11 months and 30 days.

• I’m on the lookout for 2+ tickets as really want to go. If anyone on here is willing to sell any standing tickets for 30th July at Wembley please message me on here. Happy to pay a little extra if you want to make a profit as I really want to go lol!
  • edited September 2
    cafctom said:
    It’s as if the concept of surge pricing was created by Oasis themselves the way the media are carrying on. As if no other big artist has ever done it before. 

Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen. All names that can seemingly do no wrong in the eyes of many. They only reversed the surge charging for their tickets once there was a backlash. 

But then again, I think Oasis/the Gallaghers are probably easier targets based on their personalities and the fact that it perceived by many as a “money grabbing reunion”. 
    Let's be honest, that's exactly what it is (and I say this as a big fan of them).

I've honestly never heard of surge pricing for concert tickets before, but if this scenario highlights the issue, it's not a bad thing.
    It might well be, but we don’t really know the facts behind how or why it’s come about. They are brothers after all and life is generally a lot more complicated than just “money”. Though I do expect the divorce has maybe sped things up a bit. 

It’s wrong that it’s happened this way, but the point I’m making is that it seems as though many have decided that the two of them alone are solely responsible for devising some sort of twisted plan. When in fact the organisation of a tour/reunion of this size takes dozens, potentially hundreds, of people all with their own greedy agendas. A bit like football and its agent culture.

Agreed they need to put out something explaining their side of it. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they were probably a bit misled by other greedy parties involved without being aware of the full facts. 
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    I’m on the lookout for 2+ tickets as really want to go. If anyone on here is willing to sell any standing tickets for 30th July at Wembley please message me on here. Happy to pay a little extra if you want to make a profit as I really want to go lol!
    Put your name on the bottom of the Oasis spares thread  :)
  • edited September 2
    The length of time between Oasis releasing their debut album (29th Aug 1994), and when they split up in Paris (28th Aug 2009) was 14 years, 11 months and 30 days.

The length of time between Oasis splitting up, and the announcement last week that they were reforming?
    14 years, 11 months and 30 days.

well I never !!  :o
  • Mate got 4 and done a draw for the rest of us. Was lucky enough to come through. 5 rows from back of upper so nearer the sun than the stage, but will get to be there an boost the number of 90s Knebworth, Earls Court veterans at a less damaging £102 
    You’ll know if you’ve got Charlton fans behind you if they keep asking you to sit down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    It’s as if the concept of surge pricing was created by Oasis themselves the way the media are carrying on. As if no other big artist has ever done it before. 

Let's be honest, that's exactly what it is (and I say this as a big fan of them).

I've honestly never heard of surge pricing for concert tickets before, but if this scenario highlights the issue, it's not a bad thing.
    It might well be, but we don’t really know the facts behind how or why it’s come about. They are brothers after all and life is generally a lot more complicated than just “money”. Though I do expect the divorce has maybe sped things up a bit. 

It’s wrong that it’s happened this way, but the point I’m making is that it seems as though many have decided that the two of them alone are solely responsible for devising some sort of twisted plan. When in fact the organisation of a tour/reunion of this size takes dozens, potentially hundreds, of people all with their own greedy agendas. A bit like football and its agent culture.

Agreed they need to put out something explaining their side of it. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they were probably a bit misled by other greedy parties involved without being aware of the full facts. 
    I think ticketing needs a review accross the board. 
  • shine166 said:
    If touts are to be banned, so should dynamic pricing. There is simply no justification for it.
    Not from the buyer’s perspective……
  • edited September 4
    shine166 said:
    If touts are to be banned, so should dynamic pricing. There is simply no justification for it.
    Not from the buyer’s perspective……
    Obviously it is if you're the seller but that's not the point. 
  • Liam has been unusually absent from X since the weekend I notice. 
  • Maybe they are creating new and fresh and exciting material for an album to be released and the songs to be played in their concerts next year.
  • Liam has been unusually absent from X since the weekend I notice. 
    Maybe he don't really wanna know .....?
  • shine166 said:
    It's a farce. They set the prices and the venues and they knew demand would be high. I also think it's nuts to sell the tickets a whole year on advance.

Their PR people have suggested saying nothing on socials atm.
  • PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:
    It's a farce. They set the prices and the venues and they knew demand would be high. I also think it's nuts to sell the tickets a whole year on advance.

Their PR people have suggested saying nothing on socials atm.
    Conspicuous in their absence
  • How to fkuc up how millions of fans think of you without saying a thing or playing a note. I know for a fact I wouldn't bother queuing again if they now announce 5 more UK dates. Not going through all that again..