Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• The Mirror is reporting no more Uk or Ireland dates to be added.
    Saw something earlier that they might add 2 more Dublin dates the weekend after their current planned ones.
  • Complete shambles took over an hour and half to get in a queue only to be booted for being a bot managed to have the opportunity to buy tickets 7 hours after it started but the tickets had risen to £489 from £135 so declined but kept trying in hope only to get the not connected to the Internet message.if Oasis decide to add more gigs I think there gonna have to decide on a easier and fairer ticket distribution 
  • There will be loads of tickets available nearer the time as people get buyer’s regret
  • Maybe we should stress the piss throwing antics as that eill get a few to return their tickets....
  • Something like 'True Oasis fans seg to take inflatable plastic buckets to fill with piss and hurl about crowd in a step up from their normal pint glass antic. The step up in poss throwing is thought to be in solidarity with other oasis fans who couldn't get  tickets mainly due to soft southern middle class shite. 
  • Something like 'True Oasis fans seg to take inflatable plastic buckets to fill with piss and hurl about crowd in a step up from their normal pint glass antic. The step up in poss throwing is thought to be in solidarity with other oasis fans who couldn't get  tickets mainly due to soft southern middle class shite. 
    You ok ? 
  • edited September 2

This is from the Twickets app, so face value is the price paid and not the price listed at the start.
  • I think that’s right. Price surging isn’t the fault of anyone who has bought, or Twickets. That’s down to the band and Ticketmaster for enabling it.  The Twickets fee though is bloody steep at nearly £70 a pop. I think they do a great job, having bought through them many times and sold a few too, but that’s over the top. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Twickets is good but I guess the fee is a percentage so that's that. 
  • If Oasis were spokespeople for a generation, what were they saying back then?
  • Twickets is good but I guess the fee is a percentage so that's that. 
    Yep, it’s just over 14% which isn’t too bad in terms of a “tax” level. Perhaps they could look at capping it though. Say £30. 
  • I get it's supply and demand but the experience at gigs like these is simply not worth the extortionate prices charged. For me anyway.

Monopoly on food and drink.
    So far away from acts you end up watching on a big screen.
    Hours to get in and get out.

After a run of stadium gigs last year, Foo Fighters, The Eagles I decided that I'm getting too old for this sh*t and decided that I would only attend smaller events from now on. 

• It seems to me that for people with a reasonably reliable income paying over a thousand pounds for two tickets is understandable, and that is because of the time between paying out and the event.
    The price might be eye watering right now, but the impact of the hit dissipates over time and the eyes dry up, but people still have the ticket and the event to look forward to after the pain of the expense is forgotten.
    In the past I have paid out quite a long time in advance for Theatre tickets, like when Dustin Hoffman came to London to play Shylock, or the recent Chekhov at the Donmar, and I hope to get tickets in early October to see Cate Blanchett play in the Seagull in February. On the day of the play the price paid is largely forgotten
    There will probably be, what, £100million pounds come in, and that bounty can earn a lot if simply put on deposit for 10 or 11 months.
    I wonder(wall) how the pay out is broken down percentage wise. After the costs of venue hire, transportation, equipment and all other sundries are taken out, do Liam and Noel Gallagher have an equal share, but the other musicians (do Oasis have other musicians with them who founded the group?) simply get a flat fee for each gig rather than a percentage of the profits?
    Perhaps something like 10% of the overall take could be donated to a worthy cause like Amnesty International or Greenpeace.
  • MrOneLung said:
    There will be loads of tickets available nearer the time as people get buyer’s regret
    Will always be people who find themselves double booked as well, holidays, weddings etc and can't go.
  • edited September 2
    seth plum said:
    If Oasis were spokespeople for a generation, what were they saying back then?
    I think a lot of their appeal was that there was no message, apart from jump up and down and enjoy yourself. Sometimes you need a break from being lectured, if you want to know what a mess the world is in you can just turn on the news.
  • seth plum said:
    I think a lot of their appeal was that there was no message, apart from jump up and down and enjoy yourself. Sometimes you need a break from being lectured, if you want to know what a mess the world is in you can just turn on the news.
    I get that. Hedonism and looking after number one first and foremost.
    Looks like that is what they’re doing with this reunion malarkey, looking after number one.
  • I wouldn't describe myself as a huge Oasis fan, but their cover of Cum On Feel the Noize is considerably better than the Slade version. 
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Looks like that is what they’re doing with this reunion malarkey, looking after number one.
    odd how so often you claim to get one someone says then prove you don't
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Feels like you've twisted the first paragraph to fit your second. 

Oasis as a spokesperson for that generation was not about looking after number one first and foremost, and hedonism isn't about that either. Having a release and enjoying rock n roll, whether that's a live gig or jukebox down the pub is about the enjoyment of sharing with others. 
    situation normal!
  • I think if you dismissed successful rock bands who indulged in a bit of hedonism you'd have a fairly small record collection.
  • I think if you dismissed successful rock bands who indulged in a bit of hedonism you'd have a fairly small record collection.
    fairly small something
  • TelMc32 said:
    Twickets is good but I guess the fee is a percentage so that's that. 
    Yep, it’s just over 14% which isn’t too bad in terms of a “tax” level. Perhaps they could look at capping it though. Say £30. 
    Twickets have just announced a uturn on their usual fee and will now cap it at £25 for Oasis tickets 👏🏻👏🏻
  • stonemuse said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Only you could interpret having a bit of fun at a concert as hedonism … absurd overreach 
    Hedonism as far as I understand it is about fun and pleasure isn't it?
    Wouldn't having a bit of fun at a concert be that?