Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

Comments

• I’ve heard that priority for these is going to those who have evidence of having attended at least 30 previous Oasis concerts and have at least one fully signed copy of Definitely Maybe 😉 
  • I have always seen Ticketmaster as a tout. If you buy a ticket from them and see the actual cost of the ticket, it generally supports this view. 
  • Stig said:
    robroy said:
    Apparently there was 10 million people trying to get tickets on Saturday, crazy! 

Good luck to all those trying for these extra dates.

Also not sure why the haters are evening clicking on the thread to then post negative shite. 
    I very seriously doubt that that will translate as 10 million people wanting to go. I've no doubt at all though that there would have been ten million login's to their system using different machines and/or accounts or people trying several times fearing that they may have been logged out.

It's not for me, but good luck to everyone who wants to go.
    Would it be upset you if there were 10 million?
    Strange thing to argue against
  • I saw this posted elsewhere on the internet.

• Gigs & Tours seem to have got off lightly in all this mess.  I’ve used them before and got pre-sale tickets too for a couple of high profile gigs, but I don’t know anyone who even managed to get their site actually working for this sale last weekend.  It miraculously came back up after all the tickets had gone 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TelMc32 said:
    Gigs & Tours seem to have got off lightly in all this mess.  I’ve used them before and got pre-sale tickets too for a couple of high profile gigs, but I don’t know anyone who even managed to get their site actually working for this sale last weekend.  It miraculously came back up after all the tickets had gone 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Got my tickets from there. Had to refresh like mad to get in though. Much better than Ticketmaster just can't handle much traffic. 
  • Liam’s attitude on social media today seems to confirm they didn’t have an issue with this dynamic pricing nonsense. 

• ButtleJR said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Gigs & Tours seem to have got off lightly in all this mess.  I’ve used them before and got pre-sale tickets too for a couple of high profile gigs, but I don’t know anyone who even managed to get their site actually working for this sale last weekend.  It miraculously came back up after all the tickets had gone 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Got my tickets from there. Had to refresh like mad to get in though. Much better than Ticketmaster just can't handle much traffic. 
    Interesting that refreshing helped - I thought that made your situation worse and people were advised not to???
  • ButtleJR said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Interesting that refreshing helped - I thought that made your situation worse and people were advised not to???
    I was trying on Gigs & Tours, it was refreshing the page itself every 20 seconds, never actually got onto the tickets page.
  • mart77 said:
    Liam’s attitude on social media today seems to confirm they didn’t have an issue with this dynamic pricing nonsense. 

Why would he act any other way.  Whether specifically Liam and Noel knew dynamic pricing was agreed (it was) they pay people to manage them, so have to take some of the flak if these people fucked up and agreed to it.  I find their own lack of attrition very Gallagher like ( I am looking after No1) so should not be surprised on the response. 
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:
    Edit: should clarify that we all got onto the site but just got the 20 second refresh…for over 6 hours!! Just meant you had no idea whether you were in a queue, what position etc., 
  • Worth noting that Gigs and T are owned by Live Nation who also own Ticketmaster 
  • ButtleJR said:
    TelMc32 said:
    I was trying on Gigs & Tours, it was refreshing the page itself every 20 seconds, never actually got onto the tickets page.
    Apparently the trick to it was to keep refreshing yourself instead of letting it do it every 20 seconds, I know three lots of people that got their’s this way. 
  • 30 years since its release, Definitely Maybe is top of the UK album charts.

What’s The Story Morning Glory and Time Flies are also in the Top 5.
  • That’s probably all the c**** that are suddenly into Oasis nicking proper fans tickets not that I am bitter 😂
    Had to bite my tongue so much in work this week, talk about bandwagon 
  • ButtleJR said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Not every 20 seconds. Literally spamming f5 for 20 mins. Got in and got decent tickets. Tends to work for these sorts of things. My mates all got tickets doing the same 👍
  • buckshee said:
    ButtleJR said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Apparently the trick to it was to keep refreshing yourself instead of letting it do it every 20 seconds, I know three lots of people that got their’s this way. 

That's the way, apparently each time it's refreshed you move forward in the queue. 
  • Stig said:
    robroy said:
    Apparently there was 10 million people trying to get tickets on Saturday, crazy! 

Good luck to all those trying for these extra dates.

Also not sure why the haters are evening clicking on the thread to then post negative shite. 
    I very seriously doubt that that will translate as 10 million people wanting to go. I've no doubt at all though that there would have been ten million login's to their system using different machines and/or accounts or people trying several times fearing that they may have been logged out.

It's not for me, but good luck to everyone who wants to go.
    Would it be upset you if there were 10 million?
    Strange thing to argue against
    It wouldn't bother me in this slightest. All I'm saying is that ten million attempts to buy tickets does not translate as ten million people wanting to go. Strange thing to argue against. 
  • Got an email to apply for the new ballot 
  • Sponsored links:

• Me too. 

• edited September 8
    Curb_It said:
    Me too. 

How long before you got the confirmation email ? 
  • Scrap that, my confirmation arrived 10 mins later 
  • That’s probably all the c**** that are suddenly into Oasis nicking proper fans tickets not that I am bitter 😂
    Had to bite my tongue so much in work this week, talk about bandwagon 
    I said this ages ago but got laughed at.
  • would love to know the 'proper fan' criteria for being allowed to apply for tickets.
  • Entry confirmed to ballot.

'Proper Fan' criteria is a very detailed and nuanced question.

After much thought and consideration, I would see it as follows (tongue in cheek before anyone gets offended):

1) Went to at least one of Earls Court 95, Knebworth 96 or Earls Court 97. If you attended any before that then you qualify for the Mega Fan status which allows you free entry to any gig on this tour of your choice. If you attended Maine Road you are likely not alive / lucid anymore as the whole crowd were off their tits.

2) If asked for your least favourite Oasis song, you would answer Wonderwall, Roll with It, Stand by Me, or Don't Look Back in Anger. You won't say Little James because thats the witty answer you give when asked for your favourite track.

3) When asked for your Top 10 all time Oasis songs, at least one would be one of Rockin Chair, Fade Away, Underneath the Sky, Cloudburst, Listen Up, or Talk Tonight. 

4) When asked for how you would like the gig to open, you would say 'the band walking out a red phone box on stage, before launching into a raucous Be Here Now' (massively underrated track).

5) You realise Be Here Now was actually a total banger of an album, but Morning Glory meant all the mainstreamers didnt appreciate it properly.

6) You go to a gig to listen to great music that takes you back to a better time - not throw piss, get so rat arsed you cant stand up, fight anyone who looks vaugely in your direction etc.

I think this list needs to be expanded and built on by all the other 'Proper Fans' on this thread ;)
  • Huge Oasis fan, spent all day in the Ticketmaster queue last Saturday with no luck, yet didn't get an email last night. Gutted! 
  • Huge Oasis fan, spent all day in the Ticketmaster queue last Saturday with no luck, yet didn't get an email last night. Gutted! 
    I haven't got an email either, but Shrek has. We're travelling to Budapest on Saturday morning, so hope that isn't a show stopper
  • Does anyone know when the next sale is taking place, if you get a code?
  • Anyone with a ticket to be notified on 13th September